Australia Australia - Janine Vaughan, 31, Bathurst, NSW, 7 Dec 2001

Janine’s circumstances are very similar to those of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon murdered in Perth WA, during 1996 and 1997. The AKA Claremont Serial Killer, is suspected of those crimes and the accused perpetrator being Bradley Robert Edwards (BRE) is due to appear in court on 25 October 2017. Link to CSK Article

BRE was born 7/12/1968 has dark hair and is tall (6’2”). BRE is now 48, (aged 33 in 2001).

BRE's interests include football, gaming gear and speedway. I’m curious if there was a Bathurst speedway event which “perhaps” attracted a visit from BRE.

If in the event BRE visited Bathurst in December 2001 it’s possible there’s bank records possibly indicating an air-fare transaction, vehicle hire or hotel accommodation.

An article from the Western Advocate advises a witness describing a big man, about six foot tall with dark hair. Below are a couple of those paragraphs…….

In the early hours of the morning of 7 December very shortly before the disappearance of Janine Vaughan, Lynette Boreland describes being followed by a small red car. She describes the driver of that car as follows:

A. He was a big man, about six foot tall. He didn’t look like he fitted in that car, he looked, you know, too big for the car. Yeah, and other than that, just, you know, how I described him before, dark hair, with a dark complexion. He had a fair complexion ... [not transcribable] ... had what I’d call a boofhead [as said] or a square head, and when I was at the refuge, the pedestrian refuge, and I could see down in the car and he actually looked up at me, so for seconds we were actually looking at each other, and I remember he – I couldn’t tell you what colour eyes he had, but I remember he had a bumpy nose, like pimples or, you know, like bumpy nose, and that stood out to me.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/story/905747/andrew-jones/

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

I always think of Jessica Small whenever I see anything about Janine. The circs were different & there were different vehicles involved, but considering they both went missing in Bathurst 4 yrs apart, and were last seen being driven away by an unknown person, there are a lot of similarities too

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...lia-Jessica-Small-15-Bathurst-NSW-26-Oct-1997

Edit - & with the distances locals in the Central West regularly have to drive, Gulgong's not really that far from Bathurst, so there's Michelle Bright's unsolved 1999 murder as well

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/2cd3d194cd2f3f11c78fb495e1908da8

I always think of Jessica Small whenever I see anything about Janine. The circs were different & there were different vehicles involved, but considering they both went missing in Bathurst 4 yrs apart, and were last seen being driven away by an unknown person, there are a lot of similarities too

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...lia-Jessica-Small-15-Bathurst-NSW-26-Oct-1997

Edit - & with the distances locals in the Central West regularly have to drive, Gulgong's not really that far from Bathurst, so there's Michelle Bright's unsolved 1999 murder as well

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/2cd3d194cd2f3f11c78fb495e1908da8

I agree. Could be the same person. In country NSW the same person could get around all those areas. I know of one really strange man in one of those locations.

Janine Vaughan’s family coming to Bathurst to search for answers

THE family of missing Bathurst woman Janine Vaughan are coming to Bathurst this week, as they continue their search to find out the truth about what happened to the bubbly store manager, who vanished without a trace almost 17 years ago.

Janine Vaughan’s family coming to Bathurst to search for answers

December 7th 2001, she disappeared exactly 17 years today. So sad, her sister has made a request...

"Mrs Spelde said the family aren’t able to get to Bathurst for Janine’s anniversary this year, but said they would love anyone who knew Janine to leave flowers in her memory near where she was taken, at the intersection of Keppel and George Street."

Janine Vaughan mystery remains unanswered, 17 years on

Thanks Blue Bottle!

I hate it that once again someone has gotten away with murder and for such a long time. I hope someone has left flowers, I would have made a bouquet from my garden if I had read the article before now.
I was down town today but not near that intersection.

I hate it that once again someone has gotten away with murder and for such a long time. I hope someone has left flowers, I would have made a bouquet from my garden if I had read the article before now.
I was down town today but not near that intersection.
I would like to think some flowers were left too... I suppose they can be left anytime really... I can just imagine how awful it would be for her family that not only couldn't they make it today, but that they live in limbo land never knowing what happened to Janine.

Way too many young women missing involving Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Bathurst between about mid 1990s and early 2000s... There was some speculation at some stage about a possible serial killer roaming around the place but that idea didn't seem to go anywhere... deadly silence...

Every day without my sister is unbearable | VIDEO

"It's great that the NSW Government has increased the reward money.

"However, it's also sad it has had to come to this after so long."

"Our investigators have been meticulously working through what happened to Janine in the moments leading up to and after she got into the red car that morning," he explained.

"We know about 10 minutes before Janine was seen getting into the car, another woman was approached about 750m away by a man in what we believe is the same vehicle."

In 2008, a vehicle of interest was seized by strike force detectives and forensically examined, which has provided investigators with some further lines of inquiry.

"New technology will allow us to re-examine some weak DNA samples recovered during the initial examination which we hope will be matched to Janine," Det Supt Cook said.

"Strike Force Toko detectives are confident they can provide answers to Janine's family and give them some peace, but there is still work to do and we are following a very strong line of inquiry."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back