Australia Australia - Jenny Cook, 29, Townsville, Qld, 19 Jan 2009

Can someone comment on the dept of the wound from the coroners report. If the dept of the wound was more than 7 3/4 inches than there should be more blood on the blade going back towards the handle. Which is why I believe it was wiped before being put back into the window at an angle. Just a theory based on speculation she was murdered outside where found.

This quote from pg 4 of the Coroner's Findings says that the penetration into the lung itself was 7cm. 7cm is only about 3 inches. In fact, reading the report I cannot determine exactly how deep the wound was ... 7cm ... or more? :confused: But the blood stain on the knife suggests it was deeper than 7cm.

".... the wound passed right downwards and backwards to penetrate the lung to a depth of 7cm. The wound also penetrated a branch of pulmonary artery within the left lung."

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/217931/cif-cook-jl-20131206.pdf

Wish we could see the autopsy report. :sigh:

This quote from pg 4 of the Coroner's Findings says that the penetration into the lung itself was 7cm. 7cm is only about 3 inches. In fact, reading the report I cannot determine exactly how deep the wound was ... 7cm ... or more? :confused: But the blood stain on the knife suggests it was deeper than 7cm.

".... the wound passed right downwards and backwards to penetrate the lung to a depth of 7cm. The wound also penetrated a branch of pulmonary artery within the left lung."

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/217931/cif-cook-jl-20131206.pdf

Wish we could see the autopsy report. :sigh:

Yes, but do we even trust the autopsy report after finding out all of that dodgy info about the guy??! I assume that the basic facts would have to be correct though....wouldn't they??

I honestly don't trust ANYONE who was involved in this case.

Yes, but do we even trust the autopsy report after finding out all of that dodgy info about the guy??! I assume that the basic facts would have to be correct though....wouldn't they??

I honestly don't trust ANYONE who was involved in this case.

I actually wonder how good his credentials are. When looking for professional papers written by Prof David Williams, I can only find two items.

One is the briefest paper I have ever read (ironically called TRUTH AND LIES - THE ROLE OF THE FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST)

The other is a book that was reviewed as being a “Nice little concise overview of different aspects of forensics. Much too small and limited to be of much use other than a curiosity.”

http://www.lmconference.com.au/papers/2009/williams.html
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1011570.Forensic_Pathology

But he seems to be used to clear all kinds of people of culpability … even doctors.

A HEALTH review identified several systemic issues leading up to the death of a Palm Island boy last year. But doctors have been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Forensic pathologist Professor David Williams said the condition was “notoriously difficult to diagnose”.

The review was unable to determine whether William’s (a 9-year old boy) death could have been avoided.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/childs-doctors-in-clear/story-fnjfzs4b-1226967171997

He features in several Palm Island cases that way...

Like the one that led to a riot in which the police station was burned to the ground. Linked that one a bit earlier.. A man was brutally kicked and punched to death. Or died of natural causes, by brutally falling over a lot. :no: He had broken bones all over the place. Williams said it was natural bone degradation.

I'm amazed....I've seen ineptness in the JBR case but this....this tops the ineptness in that case even

I'm amazed....I've seen ineptness in the JBR case but this....this tops the ineptness in that case even

:yes:

The 'top end' of Australia tends to have a relatively low, sparse population - with many indigenous Australians - and imo seems to have some cowboy officials who are a law unto themselves, and protect each other.

The good, ethical police officers - of which there are obviously some - seem to have their voices drowned out by the others.

And these are just the cases that we hear of. No doubt there are others that don't get the MSM coverage.

It is a travesty, and it needs to change. I don't know if we need to offer good, ethical professionals a higher salary to attract them to jobs in that area, but something needs to be done. The cowboys need to be exposed.

JMO

I'd really like to take this over to the Aussie political forum, as I have some things to say about corruption better suited to that venue...

In any case, I think this inquest should have recommended a homicide investigation and I can't see why it didnt. If somebody moved Jenny's hand after death, there was someone else there before she went into full rigor --- which should have immediately had her death treated as a probable homicide, NOT a suicide. And six months after the inquest NOTHING is being done.

I can see how certain people might be pushing hard for this case to go away, to be tied up with a nice, neat bow and put to bed. But the fact remains, someone was THERE before she went into rigor. Re-opening the case as a homicide would be a real can of worms for a lot of people, though. Boo freakin' hoo.

IMO.

Probably goes without asking. But have any of the crime scene photos (of the body) been released?

Shortly after her death, Cook cashed in Jenny Lee's WorkCover settlement and superannuation, which along with the sale of the Sheerwater Parade house, amounted to about $800,000.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/knife-edge-20140714-3bvp7.html#ixzz39EiXwBGf

Motive?..........The housing bubble crash in 2008. How was Australia effected by this? Was homes being sold and bought as usually or was there a decline in home purchases and repossions?

which along with the sale of the Sheerwater Parade house,..........Having a suicide/murder inside the home could have hurt the resale value, or could have prevented buyers from buying it with a crime such as this occurring inside the home. So better if it occurred outs9ide. Prospective buyers may buy with it being outside and not inside, which is what has happened.

Shortly after her death, Cook cashed in Jenny Lee's WorkCover settlement............She did the work to get it, but died before she got it, and he got it not long after her death.​

Shortly after her death, Cook cashed in Jenny Lee's WorkCover settlement and superannuation, which along with the sale of the Sheerwater Parade house, amounted to about $800,000.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/knife-edge-20140714-3bvp7.html#ixzz39EiXwBGf

Motive?..........The housing bubble crash in 2008. How was Australia effected by this? Was homes being sold and bought as usually or was there a decline in home purchases and repossions?

No, we weren't badly affected. The housing market stagnated for quite a while, but there were no mass repossessions or big declines in value, as the US experienced. Mostly everything held steady and did not increase in value. And there was a decline in sales .. until the govt injected money into 'first home owners' grants.

$800,000 is a lot of money though. :thinking:

If if were not for the horrible investigation. One would think a conspiracy was at play here. Others involved to kill this woman and collect 800,000 dollars to share not long after her death.

Anyone looking at that knife can tell it went in at least 5 3/4 inches. And since it was at an angle if there was any blood running occurring it would have ran towards the tip and not the handle. I say it went in farther than that but was wiped to remove prints. That knife was sharp and would have went through her like a hot knife going through butter.

To me this is a case of premeditated murder, carrying out to collect money by having convincing others the death was a suicide.

Thank you.....That is a hell of a lot of money. Collected not long after she was murdered. Having it occured inside the home could have hurt the resell since there was a decline in sales.

He features in several Palm Island cases that way...

Like the one that led to a riot in which the police station was burned to the ground. Linked that one a bit earlier.. A man was brutally kicked and punched to death. Or died of natural causes, by brutally falling over a lot. :no: He had broken bones all over the place. Williams said it was natural bone degradation.

Goodness, what a shame he was just so naturally clumsy!

Thank you.....That is a hell of a lot of money. Collected not long after she was murdered. Having it occured inside the home could have hurt the resell since there was a decline in sales.

If it had been classified as murder it would have thrown the economics of that small new Estate into decline - especially if they couldn't find the murderer or charge someone for murder. Houses were being built and it would have been difficult for builders, trades people and homeowners alike. Not to mention that the building industry workers in the area would have had to have been looked into - and that would have been a large undertaking - and I'm sure it would have impacted on trying to get people to work on houses in that area with such a Police presence around. It may have affected new home buyers with children not wanted to risk moving into the area or having a house built. I notice the land next to 44 hasn't sold - nor land behind it. Jenny's death may have nothing to do with that but, it was classified a suicide - so 'carry on - everything back to normal'.

And on that note - unless someone was meant to be in that area of the world - there is not many reasons one could think of to be in that area. There are no roads out of there - its like a rabbit warren of dead end streets. No access to the river or recreational area like a kids park or boat ramp. Some tracks for walking - but otherwise it looks like a place you would have know where it is to bother going there.

JMO

Mr Cook stated that after Ms Cook’s death he was paid $400,000 from her superannuation and life insurance and $150,000 to $200,000 from WorkCover. He sold the house in May 2009 for $570,000 and he owed about half of that amount on the mortgage.
(Inquest report, p25)

In November 2008, when Mr and Ms Cook moved into their new house
(Inquest report, p13)

Mr Cook stated that after Ms Cook’s death he was paid $400,000 from her superannuation and life insurance and $150,000 to $200,000 from WorkCover. He sold the house in May 2009 for $570,000 and he owed about half of that amount on the mortgage.
(Inquest report, p25)

In November 2008, when Mr and Ms Cook moved into their new house
(Inquest report, p13)

So he could have taken a part of the 400,000 paid off the mortgage and sold the house outright and received more than he and she bought it for in November 2008. And perhaps got back some of the money he used to pay off the mortgage.

Well, as has been pointed out, there's nothing inherently suspicious in man claiming insurance etc after his wife dies.

But when you add that that they were an unhappy couple, and she died in bizarre circumstances on the same day he told a workmate his marriage was over.... etc etc etc....

Someone in power needs to reopen this investigation, and look into it as a homicide and not suicide.

I couldn't agree more. But it needs to be non-Townsville investigators who re-start this investigation imo. If the Police Commissioner won't order a thorough, impartial investigation, the Attorney General needs to make it happen (again imo).

For anyone who wants to have a look at Jenny's house and description, it's here. Or you could save it if you want. If anyone has any further information or detail about the house, please post it thanks

http://www.realestateworld.com.au/real-estate/view/1264652.aspx

If you have a look at this link, and click on the "View more images" just under the picture it opens another window with 8 photos of the interior and exterior. Apologies if its been posted earlier - lots to catch up on!

http://www.eac.com.au/agentsnew/display.aspx?ln=1264652

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck