GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I do not find it odd going out leaving hubby home there could be lots of reasons why. I often go out without my hubby

I didn't find anything strange about her going out without her husband - it happens all the time. Couples do things together and with their friends or work colleagues ... nothing sinister about that.

So what's the timeline here?

Midnight - Left Brunswick Green Bar
1:30ish - At Bar Etiquette
1:45am - call to brother
6:30am - handbag found off of Hope Street

I just have skimmed through really quick, but have a few questions:

She was with friends at the first bar, but did she go alone to the second bar?

And the items found were between her place of residence and the Bar Etiquette, correct?

When did the husband call to report her as 'missing?'

Although not pointing the finger at her husband (yet), I find his claim that he commenced calling her at 2:00 am odd. This is coincidentally when Jill was on her way home and just after she called her brother. :waitasec:

Although it appears 'procedure' things look grim with homocide division now taking over the case.

No I do not find it odd going out leaving hubby home there could be lots of reasons why. I often go out without my hubby and yes I do have a few drinks too! She has probably walked the same route home lots of times also.
2am dark back alleys??

I'm just going on what is coming through via various news feeds. There was mention that she regularly took a short cut through an unlit laneway or alleyway to get from Sydney St to her home. I don't know the area, so I'm only going on what is being said.

And it is thought that she was there sometime between 1:30 and 2:00am.

And while my other half also goes out on her own, including for drinkies with friends, it doesn't usually mean she's out until the small hours. Maybe that's just a generational thing - but if my wife were out until 2am I'd be getting very worried.

I just have skimmed through really quick, but have a few questions:

She was with friends at the first bar, but did she go alone to the second bar?

And the items found were between her place of residence and the Bar Etiquette, correct?

When did the husband call to report her as 'missing?'

Saturday 20 September
Monday 22 September

<modsnip> She is 29 and he is 30. They are Irish and live in the heart of Melbourne. What exactly is surprising about a young and vibrant woman joining her work colleagues for Friday night drinks?

Although not pointing the finger at her husband (yet), I find his claim that he commenced calling her at 2:00 am odd. This is coincidentally when Jill was on her way home and just after she called her brother. :waitasec:

Point taken. Not sure how it is in Australia, but in the US, most bars close at 2am, so maybe that's why he started calling since she hadn't returned by that time?

Saturday 20 September
Monday 22 September

Thanks for the dates ;)

Melbourne was extra busy on the weekend with Footy finals someone had to see something!

I know I would take a different little evening bag out if it were me. If my hubby saw my 'day bag' on the hook at the front door I think he'd assume I didn't take my bag with me.'

Same here, I have a purse that fits my iphone in it and converts to a bag by attaching a strap. i would never take my day bag out with me as it is too big.

Saturday 20 September
Monday 22 September

Not to be picky... But wasn't Saturday the 22nd... And Monday... The 24th?

And thank you for starting a timeline! It is helpful to me!

I am trying to get used to the time change in Melbourne... On a converter I calculated it to be about 2:00 a.m right now... am I correct!

TIA.

:seeya:

I am trying to get used to the time change in Melbourne... On a converter I calculated it to be about 2:00 a.m right now... am I correct!

TIA.

Sat 22nd yes
just after midday Mon 24th now

<modsnip>. She is 29 and he is 30. They are Irish and live in the heart of Melbourne. What exactly is surprising about a young and vibrant woman joining her work colleagues for Friday night drinks?

You may well be right, LM - I did say that perhaps my thoughts may be a bit antiquated! ;) But you can knock a decade off the age, and we're not in bed by 8:30 either - usually 11-12 is more the mark.

And yes - you're quite right - I shouldn't form impressions of what is normal for others based on what is normal for me. Maybe I've spent too many years working all hours and not enough time out galavanting?

No I do not find it odd going out leaving hubby home there could be lots of reasons why. I often go out without my hubby and yes I do have a few drinks too! She has probably walked the same route home lots of times also.
2am dark back alleys??

I agree it is 2012 now the dark ages so lots of young and even older people go out without their partners.

I have to admit that mine would never let me get home on my own late at night. I still go and pick my 20 plus year old daughters up in the middle of the night and drop them home if they need me to.

TIA.

Sorry, yes you are correct.

Here it is again, edited for clarity (and with a couple of additions from yours truly):

Saturday 22 September
1:30ish - Last seen at Bar Etiquette (having her last drink)
1:45am - call to brother (Michael McKeon)
4.00am - Husband (Thomas Meagher) goes out looking for Jill
Monday 24 September
6:30am - handbag found by passer-by off of Hope Street

Source for extra info - http://www.news.com.au/national/ite...tes-in-brunswick/story-fndo4eg9-1226479708333

With all the businesses around there, you'd think there would be surveillance video of her walking home (and of someone following her?). Also, it looks like the only residences on Lux Way are apartment buildings, so her building may have video too and that may obviously help the police rule out her husband if they have any suspicion about him.

Sat 22nd yes
just after midday Mon 24th now

thank you so much...

I was just telling my husband how confused I am since there is such a great time change from CA to Melbourne and he was nice... But was secretly giggling at me! :giggle:

From the brief look I had of the husband in the video he didnt appear to be overly upset, reminds me of Gerard Baden Clay a bit there.

I guess they will be looking closely at the last person who saw her there. Hopefully the bars will have some good cctv's

Sorry, yes you are correct.

Here it is again, edited for clarity (and with a couple of additions from yours truly):

Saturday 22 September
1:30ish - Last seen at Bar Etiquette (having her last drink)
1:45am - call to brother (Michael McKeon)
4.00am - Husband (Thomas Meagher) goes out looking for Jill
Monday 24 September
6:30am - handbag found by passer-by off of Hope Street

Source for extra info - http://www.news.com.au/national/ite...tes-in-brunswick/story-fndo4eg9-1226479708333

thanks!

this looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads