GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't you think, then, that that is why she decided to keep going, rather than wake TM/whatever? Like, she's so close to home it's ridiculous that anything could happen. :(

And don't you think, then, that that is why she decided to keep going, rather than wake TM/whatever? Like, she's so close to home it's ridiculous that anything could happen. :(

I think so. She may have thought that because she was so close to home she'd make it there alright. It was still a little bit of a walk, but I think she was close enough to feel a little safer continuing than turning around and taking a longer way home.

Wonderful, thank you for that! That's very close to the beginning of Hope Street, maybe if it was removed and then returned, that's where whoever took it found it. That seems to be the closest alleyway to Duchess, but where is she? :(

And where is the ABC bag :-(

Yes and I think he may have stopped bothering her and moved on or so she thought. There was still about 11 buildings for her to walk past before she got to the Hope street corner. With her wobbling along in those shoes, by the time she got to the corner she may have thought he was long gone. Perhaps that is why she didn't mention anything to her brother as she was not feeling concerned by the end of the call.

Yes and I think he may have stopped bothering her and moved on or so she thought. There was still about 11 buildings for her to walk past before she got to the Hope street corner. With her wobbling along in those shoes, by the time she got to the corner she may have thought he was long gone. Perhaps that is why she didn't mention anything to her brother as she was not feeling concerned by the end of the call.

Yes, that's true, and it's quite a steep hill there so with the alcohol and heels I'd definitely be walking slowly.

I think that is pretty close to what she thought. I think it was what everybody would have thought in the situation. We are by and large culturally conditioned not to over-react, be cool, etc, and doubt your natural instincts.

Just looked at the CCTV yet again. At about 2:07-2:08, the Blue Hoodie has walked to the left, but turns around to face back towards where Jill is standing, and if you look - just in that couple of frames - through the shop window just ABOVE that placard or screen or whatever it is, and just below where the curly metal scroll sticks out from the end of the clothes rack on the left - his face is almost clearly visible as he looks back towards Jill. Right at the far left end of the shop window.

Does anyone else see that?

Yes Doc I see that too now you point it out and its odd because the face just disappears. One frame it is there and the next it isn't.

I think that is pretty close to what she thought. I think it was what everybody would have thought in the situation. We are by and large culturally conditioned not to over-react, be cool, etc, and doubt your natural instincts.

There's a book called "The gift of fear" which has been recommended to me as a must-read for all women. I have to admit I've been too chicken to even try, yet....

what is the occupation of the husband?
WHY no news between Perth's family and husband?
You slip at 1 pm but out by 2 pm ?

Yes, that's true, and it's quite a steep hill there so with the alcohol and heels I'd definitely be walking slowly.

Thanks for pointing out it is a steep hill. Google Earth doesn't show me that.
I have been thinking for some time that the MSM reports of her being a 5 minute walk to get home from the bar is just not correct. It would take a fair bit longer to walk at the best of times, much longer in those shoes after a few drinks. How long do any locals reckon it would have taken to walk slowly from the bar to Lux Way?

Yep I saw that Doc and was trying to capture it in a screenshot but I don't have photoshop to make a poster.

One of the comments on YouTube is interesting and something I missed. When hoodie first walks past camera at 0.3 he isn't wearing hood up, then about 1.00 he walks back towards the bar and he is wearing the hood. Prob totally irrelevant but maybe not.

I have been thinking for some time that the MSM reports of her being a 5 minute walk to get home from the bar is just not correct. It would take a fair bit longer to walk at the best of times, much longer in those shoes after a few drinks. How long do any locals reckon it would have taken to walk slowly from the bar to Lux Way?

I saw a post somewhere today by a girl who did the walk with her sister and she said it took longer than people were saying it would. And that wasn't late at night in feral heels.

Yes Doc I see that too now you point it out and its odd because the face just disappears. One frame it is there and the next it isn't.
I see it too. Very strange that he disappears, looks like an edited video but the she seems to be in the same spot. I wonder if we are missing any footage of significance.

One of the comments on YouTube is interesting and something I missed. When hoodie first walks past camera at 0.3 he isn't wearing hood up, then about 1.00 he walks back towards the bar and he is wearing the hood. Prob totally irrelevant but maybe not.

I don't think he has his hood up at any of the times he walks past. I can see the black of his shirt at the back of his neck which wouldn't be seen if he had his hood up. I can also see his bare head.

Is it just me or is it like he's aware of the shop's camera surveillance? As he does most of his gesturing/talking and movements at the sides of the shop which he probably thought was out of view? And maybe why it sort of looks like he is trying to 'urge' her away from there with his arm pointing gestures? Just a thought....

MSM has been reporting "700 metres as the crow flies" but it's more than that on the ground(!). Well, about 800m to 1 km? There are several different routes you could take (most of which require back streets or alleys - you'd think Sydney Rd and Hope St would be the safer option....)

So, how long does it take to walk about a kilometre at 2am in heels and uphill and slightly tipsy? I don't know. I'm really unfit and it would probably take me about 20 minutes to half an hour.

ETA: to be honest, if it were me I'd take a taxi. Yes, the driver would complain about the small fare but I don't think I'd be walking anywhere in Brunswick at that hour. :(

I see it too. Very strange that he disappears, looks like an edited video but the she seems to be in the same spot. I wonder if we are missing any footage of significance.

Me too!

I have a slight feeling that we may be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine