Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

To put her bag and purse down the drain ?

2. emirates1957

emirates1957 Well-Known Member

I asked a friend of mine who is a newbie Police Officer regarding the entourage of LE in Peerless, her answer was there would have to be a bloody good reason to deploy officers for an extended period of time. Lets hope it provides another piece of the enigma.

3. emirates1957

Having scouted the area it doesn't makes sense that somebody would lift a grate and dispose.......maybe he wanted to be seen for unexplained reasons........would imagine CTV cameras in the court would be prime and ready for action.

4. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Are there drains without grates in Peerless, ie; for road water runoff?

5. emirates1957

Referring to the last pic from the front of 30/32 Peerless it appeared to be a grate that would need to be lifted, a Basil walk will be required to confirm such.

6. richieswan

richieswan Bounty Hunter

Yes many drains along these gutters.

Emirate: Aren't these grates adjacent to a drain though, so one wouldn't have to lift a grate but just kick it down the slot?

I also wonder why someone would dispose of evidence here, after all the other options on the road trip. Stinks of trying to set up a scenario like a robbery gone wrong. I reckon person went back to clean up evidence. LE are on it.

BUT, if the police were doing filming/3D modelling etc, they may have just been using the walkway entrance as a staging area so they didn't block people's houses, and the drains have nothing to do with this.

I still like drains anyway.

7. emirates1957

Again going from a pic and drive by it appeared to be a grate (could be wrong) if we are referring to a Coach handbag it would be difficult to dispose. Agree why dispose in that location, considering there are hundreds of acres of vacant land and a river 20 metres away.

8. richieswan

richieswan Bounty Hunter

I look forward to Basil's thoughts. The grates probably weigh 60 kg each, so watch you back when you go down.

9. Pi Thoughts

Pi Thoughts Well-Known Member

Maybe it is Karen's phone that was disposed of down the drain in Peerless. Small enough but exceptionally important. It took the ride up Calder and presumably to the Mt Macedon site, just before returning to Oakley the driver dumped the phone to appear as though it was dropped by Karen on her walk.

10. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Basil sure does a lot of scouting for us. He deserves an extra treat, or twenty. Maybe even a steak dinner. :D

11. Itsapuzzle

Itsapuzzle Back in February '22

Spontaneous thought ..... I had the impression that BR and VR wanted to have us believe that KR had left the country, if that's so there would be no reason to plant any items for finding [emoji848] MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I think Borce was saying it could have been a stranger that took Karen. It was Vasko who said about her maybe having left the country.

It is understood that husband Borce has told family members that the 47-year-old could have been snatched by an evil predator.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d/news-story/42cd10dd5be25d5a89d90018c7930f7c

Mr Ristevski maintains his innocence, reportedly telling family members she may have been snatched by a stranger.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...r/news-story/b8afa390cd3b94a4d993bd1c41d4b494

13. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

14. sayswho

sayswho Active Member

15. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]In some areas in NSW it is a prerequisite of new homes being built to have stormwater pits. While these houses were being built and the holes dug for these pits, could Karen's items been thrown there. I imagine the yards were visible from the walkway and would be ideal as the soil would be soft due to the construction. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://www.yourhome.gov.au/water/stormwater[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Stormwater is the water draining off a site from the rain that falls on the roof and land, and everything it carries with it. The soil, organic matter, litter, fertilisers from gardens and oil residues from driveways it carries can pollute downstream waterways.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Rainwater refers only to the rain that falls on the roof, which is usually cleaner. However, stormwater can be a valuable resource. Reusing stormwater can save potable water and reduce downstream environmental impacts.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]In urban areas stormwater is generated by rain runoff from roofs, roads, driveways, footpaths and other impervious or hard surfaces. In Australia the stormwater system is separate from the sewer system. Unlike sewage, stormwater is generally not treated before being discharged to waterways and the sea.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=.SFUIText]
    [/FONT]

16. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Karen's things might not have been put in the roadside grates but into the newly dug construction area of the new houses. Thus the shovel.

17. WhyWhy

WhyWhy New Member

Significant find sosocurious and sayswho. When being well known is not to ones advantage. Interested in the listing of 'informant' or is this standard?

(Also interested in bag and shoes, or potential phone down the drain). Could one park in Peerless and saunter down to the river not too suspiciously? Ie close to home, but not too close? Of course all IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Bohemian

More thoughts:

One of the tidbits released by investigators was that web searches were done on the iPad seized from the Ristevski home on how to clean up blood and trace mobile phone pings. However, the specific time(s) and date(s) of those searches remain a mystery. Could the reenactment have something to do with attempting to conceal or dispose of evidence as a consequence of either of those searches?

Also, a 'crime of passion' is usually a chaotic, emotionally charged event. Mistakes are made in those cases so the perpetrators often have evidence of their crime that needs to be concealed or disposed of after the fact.

19. Bohemian

The 'informant' is usually a police officer AFAIK.

As for the sauntering down to the river, it's possible but there was an extensive search of the area after Karen was reported missing. More likely to be dumped in, or near, the laneway to me

20. Bohemian

Thanks rich x

[I know you like drains honey. Good for you. As for me, when will I ever be rid of them?]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.