Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

But we're now smart, not like BR.:)
    We know it is legal, and don't need to 'conceal' our journey in buying some!:rolleyes:

2. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

He'll probably use that excuse, to get out of the comment.
    Busy buying the extras, to add.

I am hoping Karen's best friend will state, that Karen was leaving him, searching for apartments, and what was happening between BR and Karen recently.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

It was Sarah who bought that up so there could be a problem in the Ristevski household.

Shisha Addiction
    Shisha Addiction

4. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

If they thought the house was bugged, why would they have this conversation?

emirates1957, jsiar, Puggle and 12 others like this.
  5. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

With Vasko being the ringleader.

6. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

And Sarah knows.. she's known all along.

7. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Hope bugging knowledge came after this find, otherwise planned conversation: rather 'go down' for shisha, than murder.

But when aunt there, we hadn't known about BR's 'phone being turned off' (from memory. known later): neither would Sarah.
    So if this conversation happened after the knowledge of 'phone being turned off ' then they knew they were bugged (as bugged when Pat present, early on): a planned conversation.
    All just my deductions.
    Hope the above is understood.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  8. sleepinoz

Or to make someone look like they had no knowledge of anything o_O

9. kiwilaura

kiwilaura Well-Known Member

Because then he could deny it out loud, to whoever was listening. Would only have been a problem if he’d admitted it. And by saying shisha, then he may be trying to legitimise why he had lied to cops? To both Sarah, and whoever was listening.

Conspiracy aside, he may not have realised it was bugged at that point. Sounds quite early on.

10. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

It can happen, it doesn't happen often but there is provision in the law.. the burden is on the prosecution to convince the magistrate that there is sufficient reasons for a trial, and should the prosecution fail to do this, they can have another go at it, but it takes time, and requires new submissions.

( just for peripheral info )

Once the prosecution decides to go to trial, they face the first public check in the prosecution process which is the preliminary or committal hearing. This hearing is held to review the evidence against the accused and to satisfy a magistrate that there is a sufficient case to go for trial. This is similar to the Grand Jury part of the proceedings in the United States. There only needs to be a prima facie case at this stage. ‘Prima facie’ means ‘on the face of it’ or ‘at the first examination of it’, which means that there must appear to be sufficient evidence to provide a reasonable prospect of securing a conviction. It will not be known at this stage whether any of the evidence will be ruled inadmissible at the trial, whether further evidence will come to light in the meantime, or whether some of the evidence will be eliminated by cross-examination during the trial. Sometimes committal proceedings are handled in written form and involve an exchange of the relevant statements and reports (called a ‘hand-up’ committal). Alternatively, witnesses can be required to attend for oral examination as in a trial. The oral form of committal proceedings takes longer and either side can request it. It gives the lawyers a chance to test the witnesses in the absence of a jury. They can get the measure of a witness and assess whether they are likely to be convincing before a jury. The main focus for the magistrate is to say whether the evidence presented at that time would be sufficient to secure a conviction if it proves to be both admissible and convincing.

emirates1957, JLZ, Puggle and 11 others like this.
  11. sleepinoz

They knew about the bugging very early on when relatives from interstate were present.

This to me sounds like it was later on after a few attempts at an alibi - he was home all day, he went for a drive - Dad where were you You stopped on Milleara Road then went somewhere else, why? - went to get Shisha.

Sounds a bit set up IMO

emirates1957, JLZ, bluenoser and 13 others like this.
  12. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Yes sleep,
    But I edited, and added more to my comment, if you check: now wondering MORE.

13. Oz Jen

Oz Jen Well-Known Member

Random thought: I know the media was asked to keep a respectful distance during Karen's funeral. Does anyone know who, if anyone, spoke during the service?

14. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

I really find it odd that BR being a user of Sheesha thought it was illegal. People that use it know it isn't illegal. In the States they have sheesha bars where you can go smoke it through a hookah.
    My son & his friends used to go to a sheesha bar in Orlando, FL.
    Maybe sheesha was a code name for drugs, and why the caution if the house was bugged not to say anything incriminating?
    And we know BR's son has been a drug user as well. Just my random thoughts.

15. sleepinoz

Attached Files:

16. sayswho

sayswho Active Member

I know Anica and Rebecca. They are family friends of BR. BR + KR are the sons godparents.

Rebecca is the girl pictured walking out with SR from church and in the background of the missing plea at the avondale police station.

17. purpleandgreen

purpleandgreen Well-Known Member

Thanks for that trooper.

18. SouthernHighlands

SouthernHighlands Well-Known Member

To me there appear to be two distinct parts to this conversation:

(Part 1) Borce: I'm not telling anyone what I DID.
    Sarah: I know, that's why I'm not going to say anything.

(Part 2) Sarah: You stopped on Milleara Road then went somewhere else, why?
    Borce: I went to get shisha.

So what did Borce do, that Sarah knows and won’t say anything about?

19. sleepinoz

Ms Ristevski's cousin, Lisa Gray, told police Ms Ristevski said at a wedding in March 2016 she preferred her husband slept on the couch. This, Mr Fisher said, was a sign "all was not completely harmonious in their relationship".

Borce Ristevski's daughter questioned his movements, court hears

I would prefer that as well :eek::eek::eek:

emirates1957, bluenoser, JLZ and 16 others like this.
  20. SouthernHighlands

SouthernHighlands Well-Known Member

delete double posts - my apologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.