Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
terrific layout , soso…

looking at this, it seems to me utterly improbable that Karen and Borce never fought, as Sarah would try and have the court believe.. Just the financial stuff alone is so hideous, so antagonistic to a peaceful life, so inimical to meaningful dialogue and ordinary communication.

Along with the ordinary stuff of marriage, family problems, sexual problems, children problems, attitudinal problems, all the usual stuff, there is this terrible circus of money and businesses , of friends taking one to court, over money, of creditors, of outlandish expenses and underneath it all the relentless crazed financial risk taking of Borce and his ridiculous money making schemes. Borce was scheming, scamming, defrauding, conning, right up until the moment he was arrested!... he was still at it!..

Murder didn't stop Borce and his fetish about being presented as a man of consequence, a businessman, which, I suppose, in downtown Tirana, might carry a lot of clout, … not so much clout on outer Avondale.

"For men, on the other hand, money translates into status. They’re prone to have their identities and sense of self-worth defined by their earning power and bank account.
Some men also believe they own all the money earned by the couple.
Ownership is also why many men may prefer to merge money into a single pool. When it’s pooled together, he can be the sole manager, and that means he has more control in deciding how it’s spent."

I was reading this article yesterday, it came up when I googled the old phrase 'he who controls the money has the power'.
I think that Borce was about to lose the control, if Karen was going to leave him and take her inheritance with her ... not buy in, yet again, to another of his failing schemes.

Who Controls the Purse Strings?

"For men, on the other hand, money translates into status. They’re prone to have their identities and sense of self-worth defined by their earning power and bank account.
Some men also believe they own all the money earned by the couple.
Ownership is also why many men may prefer to merge money into a single pool. When it’s pooled together, he can be the sole manager, and that means he has more control in deciding how it’s spent."

I was reading this article yesterday, it came up when I googled the old phrase 'he who controls the money has the power'.
I think that Borce was about to lose the control, if Karen was going to leave him and take her inheritance with her ... not buy in, yet again, to another of his failing schemes.

Who Controls the Purse Strings?

Controlling behaviour such as this is a form of domestic violence, ie; financial abuse:

Types of abuse – financial abuse

I think that part of of The Australian report is incorrect. Bradmill Textiles was a textile manufacturer and therefore would have been a supplier of material, most probably denim, to Blue Laser Jean Co. I would think, going on form from 'brothers grimm' that they would have left Bradmill with a large debt for unpaid materials. Bradmill ceased production not long after.
bbm

Bradmill Textiles closed their factory in 2008. They didn't cease production, but abandoned the huge factory, in the Western Suburbs, Yarraville, 24 hectares, and production continued in China.

Check details below, if correct.
Abandoned: Bradmill textile factory - Melbourne

Bradmill Textiles closed their factory in 2008. They didn't cease production, but abandoned the huge factory, in the Western Suburbs, Yarraville, 24 hectares, and production continued in China.

Check details below, if correct.
Abandoned: Bradmill textile factory - Melbourne

Went into receivership in 2002.
Bradmill denim factory site sells for $160 million

terrific layout , soso…

looking at this, it seems to me utterly improbable that Karen and Borce never fought, as Sarah would try and have the court believe.. Just the financial stuff alone is so hideous, so antagonistic to a peaceful life, so inimical to meaningful dialogue and ordinary communication.

Along with the ordinary stuff of marriage, family problems, sexual problems, children problems, attitudinal problems, all the usual stuff, there is this terrible circus of money and businesses , of friends taking one to court, over money, of creditors, of outlandish expenses and underneath it all the relentless crazed financial risk taking of Borce and his ridiculous money making schemes. Borce was scheming, scamming, defrauding, conning, right up until the moment he was arrested!... he was still at it!..

Murder didn't stop Borce and his fetish about being presented as a man of consequence, a businessman, which, I suppose, in downtown Skopje , might carry a lot of clout, … not so much clout on outer Avondale.
Absolutely Trooper.

Something that stands out are the loss of close relationships in a controlling relationship, I have read Karen's brother was not in contact with her at the time due to a falling out and her BF who was no longer in her life. These are symptomatic of being in a relationship with a Narcissist and prioritising them always. Control of the finances is usually hand in hand in this scenario also, up until they say NO MORE.

Absolutely Trooper.

Something that stands out are the loss of close relationships in a controlling relationship, I have read Karen's brother was not in contact with her at the time due to a falling out and her BF who was no longer in her life. These are symptomatic of being in a relationship with a Narcissist and prioritising them always. Control of the finances is usually hand in hand in this scenario also, up until they say NO MORE.

Good observation Edgard.

Social isolation is symptomatic of a toxic controlling relationship with a narcissist.

Absolutely Trooper.

There was reportedly even trouble between Sarah and Karen in the weeks prior to Karen's murder. They hadn't been 'getting along'.

Trouble between a parent and a child is not so unusual during various periods of their lives, but I find the timing of this particular period of 'not getting along' interesting.

I have often wondered if it was because Karen had told Sarah that she was leaving, or if it was because Karen was disrupting the harmony at home by not falling in with Borce's business plan, not complying with his financial control .... or maybe both.

Sarah, who worked at Bella Bleu, Ms Ristevski’s struggling Broadmeadows clothing boutique, has also been dogged by rumours that she and her mother were not getting on in the weeks before she went missing.
The many odd behaviours of Karen Ristevski’s family

Last edited:
Which is it? Lots of arguing or not lots of arguing. Seems dad and daughter don't have their stories aligned.

Though the thing that I am looking for is the statement where Sarah said she wouldn't say anything. Not say anything about what? Karen's possible intent to leave? Borce possibly having a mistress? Sarah finding no shoes of Karen's missing? Arguments between Karen and Borce about Borce involving Sarah in his new (and likely to fail imo) business? It could be so many things.

"I didn't grow up in a household where there was lots of arguing," Ms Ristevski said.

He told police that he failed to report his wife missing on June 29 because they often fought and she regularly left the house after arguments.

Ristevski daughter breaks silence

Do you mean the cemetery perhaps, where Karen was laid to rest?

I guess the Williamstown Cemetery is important to Karen's family, but I was referring to the attractions below:

Cruise from Melbourne to the historic seaport city of Williamstown while soaking up the sights along the Yarra River. Spend as much time as you like in Williamstown, where you can browse art galleries, explore local seafaring history or enjoy a coffee or meal at one of the many charming cafés. Customize your cruise options and travel one-way in either direction or take a round-trip cruise for a delightful day trip. Highlights Cruise to/from Melbourne and enjoy time at leisure exploring the charming seaport of Williamstown Informative commentary Panoramic windows provide unparalleled views plus protection from wind or rain What You Can Expect Melbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise Jutting out into Hobson’s Bay near the mouth of the Yarra River, Williamstown was an important seaport during Victoria’s early settlement days. Escape the bustle of Melbourne for a few hours or the whole day with a cruise to this historic suburb. Get a new perspective on Melbourne’s history, dine at a local waterfront restaurant and stroll among charming gardens. On the approximately 1-hour journey each way, admire the historic landmarks and modern skyscrapers that line the Yarra River and glide past Melbourne’s busy shipping channels. Get a great perspective on the city skyline, the trendy Docklands area and the open water of Hobson’s Bay. Listen to onboard commentary along the way, and take in the sights from a sun deck or through large picture windows. Enjoy amenities including restrooms and complimentary coffee and tea for a comfortable journey. Choose from various options — City to Williamstown, Williamston to City, or a round-trip journey to or from Williamstown.

Read more about Melbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise 2018 at: Melbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise 2018

Which is it? Lots of arguing or not lots of arguing. Seems dad and daughter don't have their stories aligned.

Though the thing that I am looking for is the statement where Sarah said she wouldn't say anything. Not say anything about what? Karen's possible intent to leave? Borce possibly having a mistress? Sarah finding no shoes of Karen's missing? Arguments between Karen and Borce about Borce involving Sarah in his new (and likely to fail imo) business? It could be so many things.

"I didn't grow up in a household where there was lots of arguing," Ms Ristevski said.

He told police that he failed to report his wife missing on June 29 because they often fought and she regularly left the house after arguments.

The conversation where Sarah said that she wouldn’t say anything is the bugged conversation from the Ristevski home that came out on the final day of the Committal hearing.

There was no elaboration or indication of what Sarah was referring to when she said she won’t say anything, but the discussion between her and Borce was regarding his movements on the day Karen went missing. To paraphrase : Borce says that he won’t say anything & Sarah replies that she won’t either.

Absolutely Trooper.

I can imagine, that Borce managed to ripp off his B-I-L of money, after SW got his proportion of heritage (we heard, BR owes him an amount of money) and Karen felt this action by her brother directed against herself.

I guess the Williamstown Cemetery is important to Karen's family, but I was referring to the attractions below:

Cruise from Melbourne to the historic seaport city of Williamstown while soaking up the sights along the Yarra River. Spend as much time as you like in Williamstown, where you can browse art galleries, explore local seafaring history or enjoy a coffee or meal at one of the many charming cafés. Customize your cruise options and travel one-way in either direction or take a round-trip cruise for a delightful day trip. Highlights Cruise to/from Melbourne and enjoy time at leisure exploring the charming seaport of Williamstown Informative commentary Panoramic windows provide unparalleled views plus protection from wind or rain What You Can Expect Melbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise Jutting out into Hobson’s Bay near the mouth of the Yarra River, Williamstown was an important seaport during Victoria’s early settlement days. Escape the bustle of Melbourne for a few hours or the whole day with a cruise to this historic suburb. Get a new perspective on Melbourne’s history, dine at a local waterfront restaurant and stroll among charming gardens. On the approximately 1-hour journey each way, admire the historic landmarks and modern skyscrapers that line the Yarra River and glide past Melbourne’s busy shipping channels. Get a great perspective on the city skyline, the trendy Docklands area and the open water of Hobson’s Bay. Listen to onboard commentary along the way, and take in the sights from a sun deck or through large picture windows. Enjoy amenities including restrooms and complimentary coffee and tea for a comfortable journey. Choose from various options — City to Williamstown, Williamston to City, or a round-trip journey to or from Williamstown.

Read more about Melbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise 2018 at: Melbourne City and Williamstown Ferry Cruise 2018
My question was meant as ;), but I found it slightly inappropriate to put the smiley there.
You are living in a wonderful area!

IMO - I have a feeling that SR isn’t just ‘not saying anything’ as per the recording, she’s not telling the truth in regard to other things.

This is to be regarded as rumor as I can’t prove what I’m saying as per TOS.

Sarah, on the stand said - “I feel like Mum has gone for a walk but something has happened because she had her clothes ready for work, and she would have taken Dad’s car to work because she had his keys,” she told police.
Nocookies

I have seen (and I have a SS) that Sarah’s traveling mate said, in July 2016 “BR’s car is much bigger than KR’s and she never drove it”.

Never????? Then why would she have keys?

Don’t know about anyone else but this seems a bit suss to me. He either knows this as fact or has been told by either SR or BR.

Why would SR assume Karen drove BR’s car if ‘she never drove it”?

During Sarah and Borces exchange that was bugged in 2016.
Borce - that's what nine have. He said he would not be telling anyone what he did.

Sarah replied I know.
She goes onto say that is why I am not going to tell anyone.
She then tells her father all she can recall him saying to her was that he stopped on Milleara Road before going somewhere else.

Then Borce tells the shisha story after Sarah points out phone pings up the Calder and his phone being off for two hours and him being out the house for that period.
She asks "So you were driving?"

Which is an odd question in December 2016 from Sarah, given he had already told Aunt P in the first weeks he had taken Karen's car to two mechanics and changed that story to he had gone to fill the tank.

Category: | Herald Sun
Ristevski latest: Daughter Sarah’s questions to Borce aired in court

Last edited:
In a text to missing persons squad Detective Timothy Ryan in 2016, she wrote: “I’m so disgusted about what was written in The Australian today. I actually hate the media. Legit. They don’t know what they’re talking about.”

The story Sarah tells about her father is nothing like that told by prosecutors, who say Mr Ristevski murdered his wife on June 29, 2016 and dumped her body between two logs at Mount Macedon, in Melbourne’s north, where it was found eight months later.

But on Thursday — the final day of evidence at a two-week committal hearing before magistrate Suzanne Cameron — the court heard how questions the media were asking haunted Sarah Ristevski in the weeks after her father became a suspect.

In a recorded conversation between Sarah and Borce Ristevski obtained by a listening device at the Ristevski home, the 22-year-old is clearly confused.

Borce Ristevski’s daughter Sarah had one question for her accused father

Sarah Ristevski doesn’t get the benefit of listening to all the evidence at court. During the committal hearing and if the case against her father goes to trial, she’ll likely be called as a witness again.

That means she’ll be prohibited from entering the court until after she has taken the stand. There is nothing stopping her from talking to her father, but her only other access to information in open court is via the press.

Magistrate Cameron has adjourned the committal hearing in order to consider her decision. She must decide whether the evidence against Mr Ristevski is enough to commit him to stand trial on a murder charge, enough to commit him to stand trial on a manslaughter charge or not enough to commit him at all.
Borce Ristevski’s daughter Sarah had one question for her accused father

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member