Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice for Karen.

abf6e384e164e87181535a67283008dd

I'm refreshing my memory as I go...

In response to the appeal court's ruling, Acting Attorney-General Cameron Dick said he was seeking legal advice on whether the Court of Appeal ruling could be challenged.

"I have requested legal advice about the prospects of success on an appeal against the decision of the Court of Appeal involving Gerard Baden-Clay," he said in a statement.

"Once that advice has been received and considered, a decision will be made as to whether an appeal should be lodged.

"The Attorney-General must make a decision on any possible appeal within 28 days."

In the judgement handed down on Tuesday, the Court of Appeal said while Baden-Clay lied about the cause of scratches on his face and tried to hide his wife's body, there was a reasonable hypothesis he was innocent of murder.

It could not be ruled out that there was a physical confrontation in which Allison fell and hit her head, the ruling by Chief Justice Catherine Holmes, Justice Hugh Fraser and Justice Robert Gotterson found.
Baden-Clay murder conviction downgraded to manslaughter

On Tuesday the court heard Ms Ristevski could have died from a head injury even though there was no sign of a skull fracture, or from compression on her neck.

Pathologist Stephen Cordner could not determine her cause of death, and told the court there were no signs of damage to Ms Ristevski's skull, but that part of the hyoid – a bone in the neck – was broken.

"You don't need to fracture the skull in order to die from head injuries," Professor Cordner said. "Death from a head injury is a possibility."

"They're all just possibilities, we just don't know?" defence counsel David Hallowes, SC, asked. "That's right," Professor Cordner replied.

Borce Ristevski's lawyers to ask for murder charge to be downgraded[/QUOTE]

Borce Ristevski has been committed to stand trial for murder over the death of his wife Karen and has formally pleaded not guilty.

In the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday, magistrate Suzanne Cameron found there was sufficient evidence that a jury could convict the 54-year-old of murdering his wife on the morning of June 29, 2016.

Borce Ristevski faces murder trial over death of his wife Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member