Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think that any daughter who loved her mother would take that at face value without thinking that her father didn't have anything to do with it. I could imagine a child younger than Sarah being scared into silence by something like that, but Sarah was a woman, not a child.

Can't disagree with that. Only it may have been enough for Sarah not to speak. Put the initial doubts there.
And then she kept her family loyalty to her father. Maintained her non-involvement.

Her public behaviour has never been particularly loving towards her father. She always appeared cooler and locked up inside, to me. Allowed him to console her, but didn't seem to console him back. imo

I wonder if Borce said to Sarah, after a day or two "You need to calm down and stop looking for your mother. She's not coming back. Don't ask me how I know that. Just that we had some risky dealings, and I know that she is not coming back. We can't say a word about this."

You mean like just stick to the story?
Maybe SA, but .......... Sarah Ristevski, 21, got in contact with the Missing Persons Advocacy Network around six days after her mother was last seen leaving her Avondale Heights home in Melbourne's north-west on June 29
Ms O'Keeffe told Daily Mail Australia she has advised Ms Ristevski's daughter but since the network does not ‘associate with criminal cases’ the advice has been minimal.

‘Our graphic designer designed the posters for the mum [Mrs Ristevski] and we help with different ideas around engaging the public but we certainly don’t engage ourselves with suspicious cases like that of Karen’s,’ Ms O’Keeffe said.

Karen Ristevski's daughter launches her own search for her missing mother | Daily Mail Online

You mean like just stick to the story?
Maybe SA, but .......... Sarah Ristevski, 21, got in contact with the Missing Persons Advocacy Network around six days after her mother was last seen leaving her Avondale Heights home in Melbourne's north-west on June 29
Ms O'Keeffe told Daily Mail Australia she has advised Ms Ristevski's daughter but since the network does not ‘associate with criminal cases’ the advice has been minimal.

‘Our graphic designer designed the posters for the mum [Mrs Ristevski] and we help with different ideas around engaging the public but we certainly don’t engage ourselves with suspicious cases like that of Karen’s,’ Ms O’Keeffe said.

Karen Ristevski's daughter launches her own search for her missing mother | Daily Mail Online

Do you think that could have been for the sake of appearances? Because her personal public appeals stopped.

My opinion of Sarah is that she was a spoiled, coddled child and even when she suspected that her father hadsomething to do with her mother's death, she was looking out for herself, and sticking with the only person who could supply the material needs that she depended on.

Could be.
I wonder if there were any truth that Karen and Sarah were not getting on in the weeks leading up.

Yes, I think there was likely some truth in it, because I think there could be truth in what was said about Karen was going to leave Borce ... now that Sarah was 21. Sarah may have been informed of that by her mother.

The reason that I believe that is probable is that the info apparently came from an overheard phone comversation. A conversation that should have been able to be confirmed, by the police, with the other party in the conversation .... whoever it was that Karen was speaking with.

Is that enough to make Sarah complicit? I don't know. I can see her being pretty upset, but complicit in a murder just because her parents were going to break up?
Those kinds of murders are usually the territory of just the aggrieved spouse. The kids generally make the adjustment, as time goes by. They don't want to lose either parent.

Argh .. I do not know what to think, anymore.
I can't shake the message from Sarah to Ms Hili after she had logged in to her mothers account.
Yet being to devastated to speak when Ms Hili phoned to respond to that 4 word message, "have you seen Mum?"
I guess it will all come down to whether Sarah's initial police statement was accurate and has been able to be verified.
Or whether more recent statements 2, 3 or 4 have been given.
Borce's lawyers would know wouldn't they?
imo
BBM. The logging in to KR's FB has never sat right with me.
My adult children and I don't know one another's passwords, yet I could send any one of their friends a message.
You don't need to log into someone else's FB account. You can just send a message from your own account.

Considering Karen’s phone was missing maybe Sarah didn’t know her mum’s friends numbers and thus the Facebook message but if i was panicked I’d call if I knew their numbers.

Last edited:
Yes seems odd though...imo
Given Ms Hili was able to call Sarah back pronto on her phone, her number. But had to speak to Boris because Sarah could not speak.
The timing of that log on might end up being very significant.

Last edited:
Given Ms Hili was able to call Sarah back pronto on her phone, her number. But had to speak to Boris because Sarah could not speak.

It is strange. Could it have been BR who sent the message (like many murderers do) and Sarah wasn’t around or didn’t know anything about it and BR told a porky.

Arghhh UR right soso! Hili called Sarah’s phone so Sarah must have been near BR?

As BR might say ‘somefinks missing’.

It is strange. Could it have been BR who sent the message (like many murderers do) and Sarah wasn’t around or didn’t know anything about it and BR told a porky.

Well if that is the case tgy. Sarah has also told a porky, hasn't she?
On radio as well.

Borce was doing all he could. Checking with neighbours to establish which way Karen went.
Neighbours told police her husband, Borce Ristevski, asked a few homeowners if they had CCTV footage of the day his wife went missing.
One neighbour said he wanted to know which way she had gone so the family could look for hero_O

Police refuse to say if they have suspects over missing woman

I have always thought that Sarah found out something at that point, which caused her to be devastated, when not long before she could log on to her mother's facebook and send a message asking a question. Did she find out the answer to that question and no longer needed to know if anyone had seen her mum.

I have always thought that Sarah found out something at that point, which caused her to be devastated, when not long before she could log on to her mother's facebook and send a message asking a question. Did she find out the answer to that question and no longer needed to know if anyone had seen her mum.

Because we do not know what time Sarah left the house and what time she returned on the 29th.
I can't help but wonder why those message were not sent to Karen's friends at least on the evening of the 29th.
Karen was on foot, maybe with no shoes. Presumably the merc was in the garage and Karen was not answering her phone when Sarah kept trying to call her.
She had not answered Borce's concerned messages, either.
Then there is that call from the store employee, that morning. Karen has not turned up for work.
Karen did not have a history of running away .. it seems.
I still keep reminding myself at least one msn article said Borce's phoned pinged up the Calder that evening.
The uber request - wonder if that is significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong