Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. So unless you can afford it, your guilt may essentially be decided for you prior to the trial, based on the strength of the evidence against you.

that is precisely the guts of it. In NSW, for example, and in Victoria , too, other states I don't know, but it would be similar, you don't even come close to Legal Aid unless the crime you are charged with has a good chance of resulting in a prison sentence. .

Anything else and one is on one's own.. . it is a rather poor system, it didn't used to be, but it is now.

It is a matter of whether the nuts and bolts of your case can be sustained in a court room, and judged by a jury along with the other set of nuts and bolts the prosecutor presents.

Some leeway is given. Because the State is all powerful, and has all manner of infinite resources, defending oneself , while stark and almost impossible, it isn't unheard of. The law is fair, in this respect.

But once you are in the land of Legal Aid, which is public funds allocated out of State budgets, your case has to be at the very least , presentable, backed by sturdy empirical evidence, not just feelings, or hopes, or wishes.

I suspect Borce's case is damn near watertight, God knows it has taken long enough for every I to be dotted, and every T crossed by the Public Prosecutor.

The people who decide who gets Legal Aid and who doesn't are chosen from the legal profession, overseen by public servants, as it should be, and in a way, yes, one's capacity for extracting a not guilty verdict is adjudged on the probabilities, and on the strength of the Prosecution Case that is presented to the defendant.

It seems unfair, but .. it could be said, that if you are going to go round murdering people, at least have the decency to have a bit tucked away for a very good criminal justice attorney. .. it's the least you can do. Don't expect people like me to happily pay for your day in court, pal.

of course, this is now where the rubber meets the road for Vlasko and Sarah... do they stump up the money for a defence for Borce, after being privy to the Prosecution Notification of the crime, or ......??

It's a big decision , and it's called putting your money where your big mouth is.. does Sarah turn over the deed to the house to Stary.. which is about what it will cost, . .. does Vlasko sell up all the bits and pieces of his 'empire' and rush to his brothers defence, in real currency, not just words??

Lot s of careful thought and long periods of staring at the moon.

And Ant,..... ... what now, Ant? .

Bit of an overview of the article-paraphrased

Last week in his maximum security prison BR was served his detailed brief of evidence.

BR is considered a quiet prisoner who does not make trouble. Though, his safety is heavily monitored.

Karen's cause of death has not been made public.

Receiving the brief is a major step in their preparation of BR's defense.

Witness statements - records of interviews - forensic evidence from the family home as well as the place Karen was found all in the brief.

Mrs Gray said This is another step toward Karen being remembered with dignity and love.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/633e7ce2436eb9acb2f29a29453636dd
Borce Ristevski evidence handed over as court date looms
David Hurley and Mark Buttler, Herald Sun
March 16, 2018

of course, this is now where the rubber meets the road for Vlasko and Sarah... do they stump up the money for a defence for Borce, after being privy to the Prosecution Notification of the crime, or ......??

It's a big decision , and it's called putting your money where your big mouth is.. does Sarah turn over the deed to the house to Stary.. which is about what it will cost, . .. does Vlasko sell up all the bits and pieces of his 'empire' and rush to his brothers defence, in real currency, not just words??

Lot s of careful thought and long periods of staring at the moon.

And Ant,..... ... what now, Ant? .

Don’t we think there are caveats on the house? I’m thinking elderly family members may have to come to the party.

Don’t we think there are caveats on the house? I’m thinking elderly family members may have to come to the party.

that's a big step , for the elderlies, to lay out the superannuation, the retirement funds, cashing them in to prop up Borce... that takes faith, and it's possible that having read the prosecution brief, which surely, an elderly would demand to do, ( or their lawyer would demand it, or their younger sons and daughters would require it,) before laying out the suitcase of cash, a genuine reluctance to indulge Borce's fantasy may ensue.

It can certainly concentrate the mind, the contemplation of throwing good money after bad, unless their is the utter certainty, not just the hope , of the funds being returned with interest..........

Can't see it, myself... I'm having trouble seeing Sarah cough up her inheritance to see Daddy thru his travail,, and she is his daughter, much less anyone else in that complex family.

My friend works on Mt Macedon so today we decided to have a drive down to Loch road. Luckily she has a 4WD, that road is a tricky one. Can’t imagine it in the depths of winter it would be so boggy!! We both commented how it would have been tricky driving that tiny convertible down there. We couldn’t pin point the exact location off the track where Karen was found, but it’s very scrubby bushland and quite dense. Even though she was only 50m from the track it’s surprising someone did find her as I don’t think it’s the sort of scrub that would really entice anyone to go for a walk through. I would have liked to have had a walk around but it was a super creepy area!

that's a big step , for the elderlies, to lay out the superannuation, the retirement funds, cashing them in to prop up Borce... that takes faith, and it's possible that having read the prosecution brief, which surely, an elderly would demand to do, ( or their lawyer would demand it, or their younger sons and daughters would require it,) before laying out the suitcase of cash, a genuine reluctance to indulge Borce's fantasy may ensue.

It can certainly concentrate the mind, the contemplation of throwing good money after bad, unless their is the utter certainty, not just the hope , of the funds being returned with interest..........

Can't see it, myself... I'm having trouble seeing Sarah cough up her inheritance to see Daddy thru his travail,, and she is his daughter, much less anyone else in that complex family.

Ouch!

Depending on your legal problem, the merits test will require us to consider some of the following:

* what the likely benefits to you and the public will be from a grant of legal assistance
* whether those benefits justify the cost of legal assistance
* what the likely harm to you will be if a grant is refused
* whether a court proceeding is likely to end well for you
* whether it is in the interests of justice that a grant is provided
* if your legal problem is a criminal appeal, whether there are reasonable grounds for the appeal
* whether you are likely to succeed in your legal problem
* whether a careful person with limited money would risk their own money to pay for the legal action.

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/get-legal-services-and-advice/get-lawyer-to-run-your-case

Bit of an overview of the article-paraphrased

Last week in his maximum security prison BR was served his detailed brief of evidence.

BR is considered a quiet prisoner who does not make trouble. Though, his safety is heavily monitored.

Karen's cause of death has not been made public.

Receiving the brief is a major step in their preparation of BR's defense.

Witness statements - records of interviews - forensic evidence from the family home as well as the place Karen was found all in the brief.

Mrs Gray said This is another step toward Karen being remembered with dignity and love.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/633e7ce2436eb9acb2f29a29453636dd
Borce Ristevski evidence handed over as court date looms
David Hurley and Mark Buttler, Herald Sun
March 16, 2018

BBM for clarity

This is a PR handout and hopefully, it is only that, and not reality, because if receiving the brief is a 'major' part of the defence, then Borce is in more trouble than I can think of.

Considering Borce was knocking on his barristers door the day after he reported Karen missing , that's a long while ago, people, surely everything has been talked out by now.

Borce's legal folks ought to know 99% of everything Borce has ever done, thought, planned, expected, said and swore to over his entire lifetime by now.. there should be absolutely no surprises in the Prosecutors Brief for them, and if there is, then it is way past time for Borce to hand his cards in, he should give himself a swift uppercut and bow out.

My friend works on Mt Macedon so today we decided to have a drive down to Loch road. Luckily she has a 4WD, that road is a tricky one. Can’t imagine it in the depths of winter it would be so boggy!! We both commented how it would have been tricky driving that tiny convertible down there. We couldn’t pin point the exact location off the track where Karen was found, but it’s very scrubby bushland and quite dense. Even though she was only 50m from the track it’s surprising someone did find her as I don’t think it’s the sort of scrub that would really entice anyone to go for a walk through. I would have liked to have had a walk around but it was a super creepy area!

Thank goodness you didn’t see a fur-lined jacket wearing moccasins creeping toward you from behind the bracken.

Now wouldn’t that be a memorable experience.
Thanks Barbie, so what vehicle was used on that track?
I have a feeling the cops know a hellova lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank goodness you didn’t see a fur-lined jacket wearing moccasins creeping toward you from behind the bracken.

Now wouldn’t that be a memorable experience.
Thanks Barbie, so what vehicle was used on that track?
I have a feeling the cops know a hellova lot.

Haha! We were both feeling very creeped out but thankfully saw nobody else! We were in a Ford territory and drove as far as we could down the track until it became impossible even for our 4WD. We haven’t had rain in ages so the track was very dry so in June when Karen died it would have been very muddy and slippery down there. Very ambitious to take that tiny Mercedes down there. The vibe I got from that track is that you really wouldn’t be going down there unless you were horse riding or perhaps doing something dodgy. Definitely gave me dodgy vibes. I would have liked to have gotten out and had a walk around but my friend was too nervous lol.

Haha! We were both feeling very creeped out but thankfully saw nobody else! We were in a Ford territory and drove as far as we could down the track until it became impossible even for our 4WD. We haven’t had rain in ages so the track was very dry so in June when Karen died it would have been very muddy and slippery down there. Very ambitious to take that tiny Mercedes down there. The vibe I got from that track is that you really wouldn’t be going down there unless you were horse riding or perhaps doing something dodgy. Definitely gave me dodgy vibes. I would have liked to have gotten out and had a walk around but my friend was too nervous lol.

Jeeze run Barbie run!!

What if you saw this wild unwashed creature coming toward you bearing its fangs and claws.

4ca33dd4efba0c706863c39e0dd86246.jpg

This is the same critter in summer where it has lost its wooly winter coat.
fcd0c11f06c208f4b423af51757cd22e.jpg

13 December 2017 - this video includes the first public plea. Yes the one we couldn’t find.

1) Why would LE wait one whole month before arresting when they had sufficient evidence and I wonder if Sarah was present.

2) Is it usually the Missing Persons Squad that arrest as I thought it would be in the Homicide Squad.

Borce Ristevski has been charged with one count of murder. The 53-year-old was arrested at 7.20am today by the Missing Persons Squad.

It is understood police were advised at least a month ago there was sufficient evidence to charge.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...death-of-karen-ristevski-20171213-h03kmb.html

It will be interesting when all the evidence is presented and what the pivotal information was which allowed them to pounce albeit one month later. Why DID they wait?
Oh to be a fly on the wall. Did he break or the cops just go and cuff him.

At that point, if Sarah is totally innocent and was there, it must have been a devastating moment for her.

Was it possible someone come forward with dashcam evidence?
It’s going to be an interesting trial. IMO.

JULY 13, 2017

The unidentified man was standing alone with the car in the Mt Macedon area -
The significance of the sighting before the body was discovered “cannot be overstated”, a police statement said.
Police have been appealing to the public for sightings of Ms Ristevski’s black Mercedes Coupe on June 29 last year, the day she vanished.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...e/news-story/4dbf097bf800241faaf2835ea7dcff7a

Sleuthers, can you imagine going to your letterbox, dipping in and pulling out a ........ "you've been called up for jury service" .... letter, just as the BR trial is set to begin!! Oh boy, would be just like Charlie and the golden ticket .... good luck to you all.
PS, I suspect the announcment of potential juror Itsapuzzle, Websleuth, would be met with the words ....... CHALLENGE! [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Sleuthers, can you imagine going to your letterbox, dipping in and pulling out a ........ "you've been called up for jury service" .... letter, just as the BR trial is set to begin!! Oh boy, would be just like Charlie and the golden ticket .... good luck to you all.
PS, I suspect the announcment of potential juror Itsapuzzle, Websleuth, would be met with the words ....... CHALLENGE! [emoji847]

Say if you were called up Itsa and you were asked if you were familiar with this case what would you say?

Yep same here. ‘What’s a Borce?’

Say if you were called up Itsa and you were asked if you were familiar with this case what would you say?

Yep same here. ‘What’s a Borce?’

Yes, I have no interest in the media whatsoever, never heard of Borce .... I am consumed by thoughts of knitting and where the next ball of wool is coming from , that is all that interests me ...... is Borce a new range of wool fibres, Your Honour ?[emoji848]

Yes, I have no interest in the media whatsoever, never heard of Borce .... I am consumed by thoughts of knitting and where the next ball of wool is coming from , that is all that interests me ...... is Borce a new range of wool fibres, Your Honour ?[emoji848]

Borce? Is that some kind of new cross breed? A mix of a bull and a horse maybe? A horse with lots of bullcrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998