Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

But in December 2015, Mr Ristevski started Envirovision and named himself the director. His daughter, Sarah Ristevski, was a stakeholder. There was no mention in court of Karen’s involvement, if any.

Mr Curtin said Envirovision became effective on July 1, 2016, “for some reason” and “basically took on sales revenue from the shop”.

Prosecutor Matt Fisher asked him to explain why that might have happened.

“From a forensic accounting point of view, why did Envirovision take on that role?” he asked.

“I have got absolutely no idea why that would’ve occurred,” Mr Curtin said. “I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

Mr and Ms Ristevski were in a dire financial situation. Their Avondale Heights home had been refinanced twice in 2013 via loans totalling $750,000. By June 30, 2016, the couple had managed to reduce the loans by only $8000, the court heard.

Bella Bleu had lost more than $320,000 over four years and the Ristevskis also had several loans and a credit card debt of more than $80,000.

Ristevski family’s ‘constant struggle’

2. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Mr Curtin said Envirovision became effective on July 1, 2016, “for some reason” and “basically took on sales revenue from the shop”.:eek:

3. madoodi

madoodi Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there is a verified twitter account from a journalist who is giving updates from the courtroom?
    ( apologies if I am not allowed to ask here)

4. sleepinoz

Very few updates coming from Twitter

5. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

well, well, well... Borce, old boy .. what a stupid , stupid thing to do!!… and Sarah, a stakeholder!!

Looks to me like Karen was completely removed from running her business, and I doubt very much if Karen was a voluntary participant in this procedure. If, in fact, she even knew... it's not improbable that she was unaware of the plan, and it doesn't say she was a stakeholder.. that's very significant, AND even more significant, Sarah was.

dearie me.. tsk tsk tsk...…

6. sleepinoz

Category: | Herald Sun

Summary of Paywalled article

- Envirovision didn't open a bank account until June 14, 2016 - 2 weeks before Karen went missing
    - From July 3, when the search for Karen was underway, all Bella Bleu income went to Envirovision
    - Warrant Brands owed K&B $217,000, and another $100,000 to others including Sarah and SW

7. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

Mr Curtin said Envirovision became effective 'for some reason'.. !!

Some reason?.... like... how many reasons could their be? Siphoning off the income of Bella Bleu, and straight into the coffers of another company, not connected in any business sense to BellaBleu,... well, peoples.. I reckon I can safely say that any of the monies so siphoned off did not go to pay any bills due on Bella Bleu. We know that, because the records show the debt accumulating, not diminishing..

The question is, where did it go? and this isn't thousands we are talking about, because I don't know if BB was roaringly successful. How much Karen made in a day, once all the outgo was calculated..... I don't think it could be up in the multiples of thousands, at any stage of the business week. I'd be surprised if it was.

Really, time to get the bookmaker that Vlasko and Borce habituated... drag the bloke in and hoist him up on the stand.

8. sleepinoz

Bella Bleu was owned by Warrant Brands, which originally paid the expenses, including staff wages, rent and stock purchases.
    Expert’s baffling find in Ristevski case

Karen was the owner of Warrant Brands

Attached Files:

9. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

ye gods, no wonder Borce was utterly furious when the money angle was questioned, he had a hell of a lot of reasons to portray himself as good to go for money to be collected, it must have nearly killed him when the newspapers began trampling all over his carefully sewn up tapestry of debt, debtor, debtee, credit, creditor , creditee…. he took on one hell of a juggling act, there.

10. Morrisa

Morrisa Well-Known Member

Sure is getting interesting :rolleyes:

11. Amalgam

Amalgam Well-Known Member

When just sitting idle at home, your phone can be handed off between different phone towers. You do not have to be on the move for this to happen.

12. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

oh it's going along AS PREDICTED!.... Borce must be a little bit nuts, because why would he think this wouldn't come to light?.. I am so looking forward to his explanation of Envirovision… that will be a doozy, and I am expecting a little touch of comedy, which often appears in murder trials.. sometimes the degree of stupid elicits involuntary disbelieving laughter from the peanut gallery.

13. emirates1957

emirates1957 Well-Known Member

Wasn't around at the time Oakley went up for rent. Trust me I'm a mad crazy animal lover and would have noticed.

14. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Didi.
    I am thinking similar to you.
    It could be either of these two, and perhaps VR is adding to the problems.
    Yuk.:(:(o_O
    Then the Diggers Rest drive, and ?? Hoppers Crossing, for Lara ping.

15. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

The connection can change if the phone is idle other than quietly pinging away.

Active phones (convos, texts) in the area can bump the connection to another nearby tower, if the tower is getting full of connected phones. I believe it should reconnect wth the original (closest) tower though, once other activity dies down and there is plenty of 'room' on the closest tower.

An investigation will be able to tell if the phone is just quietly pinging away, or if there is actual activity on the phone.

IMO

16. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Yippee.:):):):)
    Planned.
    Hope soso posts the info from HeraldSun.
    Come On soso. and sleep:D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  17. Trooper

Trooper On Time Out

I'll bet the family farm that Borce didn't think this scheme up by himself.. it has .. well. . in my opinion, it has the sort of air of someone who would burn down their own restaurant to collect the insurance money, that kind of input.. someone who would put up shonky odds on racehorses, pretend to be in business when really only prancing around accomplishing nothing.. a façade man.. or men....

18. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Hello - welcome back.

19. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Thanks. :)

Lots and lots and lots of reading up to do .... please excuse me if I make redundant comments. So much has been happening, it seems!

20. emirates1957

emirates1957 Well-Known Member

Hi FG,

The staircase had a return consequently one would only fall say 7 steps....but hey if you fall the wrong way anything could result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.