Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family member of Karen Ristevski claims Borce covered up killing to spare daughter
There’s one reason Borce Ristevski covered up the killing of his wife Karen and lied to police for so long, according to a close family member.
Why did it take him so long? A close family member has a new theory.

The person, who did not wish to be named, told Seven News he “covered it up for Sarah”, referring to the couple’s 23-year-old daughter who supported him the entire time.

“The embarrassment and heartbreak of losing Sarah’s love would have been too much,” they said.

“He thought, ‘Deny, deny, deny. They can’t prove it.’ For him to have the presence of mind to do everything he did afterwards is unbelievable and unforgivable.”

Family member claims Borce Ristevski covered up killing wife to spare daughter
Meaning, in terms of his own sake he would have been happy to go to gaol for killing his wife, but he couldn't make an early confession out of consideration for his daughter's feelings! Such a sensitive man!

Meaning, in terms of his own sake he would have been happy to go to gaol for killing his wife, but he couldn't make an early confession out of consideration for his daughter's feelings! Such a sensitive man!

Did he need more time to stitch up the assets?
The house was ‘saved’ and tenants secured at $3,000pm, Karen’s business was closed and maybe a bit of legal and financial juggling was needed. Maybe a few transfers of life insurance and Super.
I’m remembering he’d transferred the business into his name so what else did he transfer under Karen’s nose?
Let’s face it he’s the guru of pecan nuts to Godonlyknowswhere.

I call BS on no intent.

Looking at this above post a little more closely.... who else recons that’s something Vasko would say. Awww he STFU all for Sarahy.
I doubt it would come from Karen’s side.

I reckon he could have kept up a lie for his child - I mean how appalling is it that he did this to her mother? It's horrendous. She is is the closest person he has left connected to Karen, probably the one he did not want to know the truth - out of everyone in this world. Is that what you mean?

I reckon he could have kept up a lie for his child - I mean how appalling is it that he did this to her mother? It's horrendous. She is is the closest person he has left connected to Karen, probably the one he did not want to know the truth - out of everyone in this world. Is that what you mean?
No doubt it would be difficult to admit to his daughter. I just don't think the temptation to turn himself in was all that strong. He would have kept up the lie anyway. IMO.

Sounds like something the family fortune teller would come out with...

'ooo… yesss.. looking into his heart, I see .. oo.. yes, a blue vibe.... contrition... regret.. hmm..'...

Sure.
I meant . . . the same person on the one hand seems to be making this absurd excuse, that the reason Borce didn't call an ambulance, hid the body, and lied for years was that he was such a loving father, and on the other hand is saying that all those cover-up things are unbelievable and unforgivable. It seems sort of contradictory. So I don't necessarily think it came from his side of the family. (Unless, I suppose, it's someone who helped and is trying to distance himself.)

No doubt it would be difficult to admit to his daughter. I just don't think the temptation to turn himself in was all that strong. He would have kept up the lie anyway. IMO.

Yes i do think so too - but's it's not unreasonable to suspect he was hiding this from his daughter (we even heard taped conversations where he denied this to her). Who else has he got, very close in the family unit - beside his son? I think that his daughter is a motive -however immoral, for his secrecy, too. IDK of course & it's just MOO but i feel - even if there are various motives, it's possible she may be the primary one? Still a selfish *advertiser censored* nonetheless...

So where does SR stand now?
She has supported her Dad from the get goes.
Did Dad really blindside her pleading guilty to the manslaughter of her mother? After years of denial and having given cause for her take the stand at committal hearing. Ant was lucky to have avoided that.

Will Sarah be doing a victim impact statement?

Ant seems to have a range of grievances against his father and it's not always easy to know just what he's talking about.

But perhaps Ant does know his evil father very well.
Down the track, I hope more info is unraveled about BR, and we get to see more of BR's ways, over his actions in previous years.
BR needs to be fully exposed, and now that there will not be a trial, others may come forward.
MOO.

Down the track, I hope more info is unraveled about BR, and we get to see more of BR's ways, over his actions in previous years.
BR needs to be fully exposed, and now that there will not be a trial, others may come forward.
MOO.

What do you mean? murdered victims?.... Do you think there is another/other victims? Sorry, just trying to clarify...

MOO.
Others? Borce's Toni? Ant's mother? No other children, I hope.

Did he need more time to stitch up the assets?
The house was ‘saved’ and tenants secured at $3,000pm, Karen’s business was closed and maybe a bit of legal and financial juggling was needed. Maybe a few transfers of life insurance and Super.
I’m remembering he’d transferred the business into his name so what else did he transfer under Karen’s nose?
Let’s face it he’s the guru of pecan nuts to Godonlyknowswhere.

I call BS on no intent.
I want to see the judge's reasoning for ruling out afterconduct as evidence for intent.

It wouldn't surprise me if the press didn't ask one of Vlasko's slow horses for an opinion. Everybody has an angle .

This crime was played out against a background of huge public outcry about Domestic Violence against women, and children ( re Darcey Freeman , one example) and that outcry has only accelerated exponentially since Karen's murder.

Only last week , the Fed Gov made a colossal shout out with a mighty Fed grant promise to combat these incidences, addressing the lack of refuges, financial aid to women in the situation, etc, and the monotonous regularity of the frightful death of women by partners, and strangers , mostly men has been a recurring theme day by day for a decade.

It defies logic to assume that Borce is going to skate home on this one, without a severe penalty, despite his claim of 'accidental death'.

While he struck lucky with his after the murder activities being struck from the prosecution deposition, he had quite a few BEFORE murder activities that require more than a passing remark.

His bankruptcy, and the effect this had on the family.

Karen's inheritance and his anxiety to get his hands on the management of same.

His taking over of her business, and the escalating debt the family were factors that had to have a bad effect on the family dynamics.

His uncanny luck in 'spontaneously' finding , at a moment of extreme stress, a hiding place that actually worked in his favour. It is difficult to believe that he just simply 'came across' this place off the road up Mt Macedon that day . I am convinced there must have been a reconnaissance tour of that area BEFORE the murder.

What about the sighting of the blokes with shovels? Vlasko's sudden appearance at the precise place of her burial? .

I get crosser and crosser with the DPP.. there is surely more than enough to have continued with the murder charge, the fact that a manslaughter charge would be quicker is irrelevant, really.

Last edited:
I get crosser and crosser with the DPP.. there is surely more than enough to have continued with the murder charge, the fact that a manslaughter charge would be quicker is irrelevant, really.

There has to be something amiss... I cannot for the life of me understand how the prosecution's case came apart? What on earth has happened here?

There has to be something amiss... I cannot for the life of me understand how the prosecution's case came apart? What on earth has happened here?
I would have loved to see him tried and found guilty of murder. I wonder if the prosecution thought Sarah’s testimony would sway a jury to bring a not guilty verdict for murder. That and no big smoking gun motive.

Not quite.. He has to tell his barrister, who has to refer the circumstances to the judge..who then takes into account all the elements and details publicly what each element of the matter has accrued in years to serve in prison.

Now... it stands to reason that Borce's story is going to be a doozy. It's going to start and finish with the premise of Poor Borce, naturally, because what Borce is looking for, and what his barrister is paid to produce are Mitigating Circumstances that chip away, reduce incrementally each year that Borce is facing for a manslaughter sentence.

A great deal of the story will hinge on this aspect. How hard done by Borce was, how it all happened unexpectedly, how he had no idea it would happen, how he was so scared and alone and terrified, how , even , he was provoked by Karen out of his usual good nature into a bareknuckle killer in a nanosecond.

Oh yes. There will be a passing reference to Karen's intractability concerning money, her refusal to heed his advice, how it all fell down on top of him. And there we have it, an apparently dead wife in the garage.

From the judge's point of view, he has to take into account all and any Mitigating Circumstances, plus any Aggravating Circumstances that the DPP may float up to the bench, and some of those will add years to the sentence and wipe out any discount for the guilty plea that he is entitled to, plus the years deducted for Mitigating Circs.

Aggravating Circumstances that Brendan Kissane will lay down will begin with Borce's failing to call a doctor, that morning. Failing to inform an medical authority at all, no ambulance, no police, no nothing. Then, the forming of the plot to hide the 'accidental ' death. The decision to remove the body ( interference with a corpse ) , but before that, Borce had, as a criminal act, abrogated to himself the position of a fully qualified medical doctor and pronounced Karen dead, off his own bat, a small crime , but one that carries a sharp little sentence.

Then, he removed the corpse from it's position of death. This is against the law, too. ( How he did this alone, and mangled it into Karen's car is a whole other story ) and then he drove it to where? a place from spontaneous memory? a previous known place? and abandoned her corpse there and left the premises without notifying again some form of medical authority, because it's only Borce's word that she is dead, no one else's, and if there is anything the courts hate, it someone unqualified making that decision.

A whole industry is built around requiring death being stated by certain persons only, and not the general public at whim and at will. Otherwise ,... anarchy.

Then, his refusal to notify police, and his subsequent pattern of false representation , over months , a year , to the Vic Pol, who , using taxpayers money, were searching and seeking right across Victoria for Karen.

All of these matters, plus a few more , just as heavy , will be weighted by the judge in his summing up . There wont be many secrets left , really, by the time the judge has finished.

I reckon, at least 15 years, because of the unrelenting nature of Borce's unco-operative behavior which cost the taxpayer dearly.

15 years, .. maybe 18 years with a sentence of 15 years before being able to apply for parole ( which doesn't mean he gets it, only means he can begin the process of applying for it ) …

Public expectation will be a big factor in the sentencing. No one wants to encourage men to throttle their wives and start burying them all over Vic, up and down Mt Macedon, there has to be a deterrent factor, and in this climate of Domestic Violence awareness it is a big factor and Borce could come head on into it, and get a big bang for it.

sorry for the long post!.
Great post very informative

Questions linger after Borce Ristevski admits to killing his wife

Because Karen’s body was not found for eight months, any clues about what happened to her were long gone.

A forensic pathologist told the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court last year that Ms Ristevski’s injuries were hard to define, but there was one thing.

Professor Stephen Cordner told the court Ms Ristevski had an irregular break in her hyoid bone — a bone in the neck — that could have been the result of a number of things, including blunt force trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam