Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hope it begins to dawn on some one in the OPP that 6 years is a time span quite a few blokes in Victoria may conclude is worth it to get rid of a nuisance wife, who has inherited money, with a compliant daughter, and a lot of debt and no way of getting out of that mire without the wife's money which she, in her mad feminine way, keeps referring to the blokes utter incapacity to manage money himself and prefers to keep a tight reign on her money.

Oh yes. There are lots, and possibly, quite a few wives of husbands who's net worth may be way above Karen's range , who have been very , very annoying and controlling about access to the pile. …

6 years. . Hell, you can do 6 years on with one hand tied behind your back, with the prospect of coming out of it well ahead.

Good thing that he has Sarah all signed up as a company member of Envirovision, isn't it?
A financially-unblemished investor who has likely just inherited a little bit of money and a house.

A forensic accountant says he “has no idea” why Borce Ristevski set up a second company to receive funds from his struggling clothing boutique in the months before his wife went missing.
But in December 2015, Mr Ristevski started Envirovision and named himself the director. His daughter, Sarah Ristevski, was a stakeholder. There was no mention in court of Karen’s involvement, if any.

Mr Curtin said Envirovision became effective on July 1, 2016, “for some reason” and “basically took on sales revenue from the shop”.
‘Yelling and screaming’ heard before Karen disappeared

This article is from March 2019.
If the finances were this dire, how have BR and SR been able to keep the house? Something doesn't stack up. The rent would not be able to cover repayments, rates, insurances , maintenance etc. MOO

"The financial stress the couple were experiencing was one key piece for the prosecution. The committal hearing that decided the case should go to trial heard the Ristevskis' fashion boutique, Bella Bleu, recorded losses of $326,000 over four years. They also had credit card debts of more than $80,000, on top of a $715,000 mortgage.

Police had alleged Karen was killed during an argument over finances."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...dumping-body-in-bushland-20190313-p513vi.html

I am intrigued too, since Karen's killing was supposed to be related to their finances.

It might be a sinking ship, but now that Borce has taken the fall, no one will know what he was thinking. It made no sense to the forensic accountant but who knows if Borce has another phoenix scheme in mind, however dumb it might be to others. Indeed he himself will be a 'phoenix' in a few years time!

Illegal phoenix activity | ASIC - Australian Securities and Investments Commission

I have searched for Karen's probate but there is not yet any record. Now that her likely next of kin has been convicted, perhaps an application will be put in soon. By Sarah, I would guess.

Once there is a probate application, it can be found and the question of whether there is any money left after paying all debts, can be answered.

https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/wills-and-probate
http://www.scvprobate.com.au/probate/

IMO MOO JMO etc

Look at the wide grin with Sarah’s companion, I’m thinking the scarf was covering a similar grin. Zoom in & take a look under the scarf.

View attachment 179983
Dammit this stinks.

View attachment 179984 View attachment 179983
  • TESSA AKERMAN
    Reporter
    15642eb0b5d2e4c922896631a7e63a63
  • 7:52PM JULY 18, 2018
  • (SR with blue jacket and grey scarf on July 17th, 2018)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel there will be LITTLE money, if any remaining from Karen's home.
We must remember, it was heavily mortgaged.
For months possibly BR could not meet these payments, after Karen went missing, having a low paying job to live on for some periods of time.
Then the house was vacant for quite some time.
The interest on that mortgage over all that time, would be a huge pit, even with rent now coming in.
With house prices now in Melbourne greatly decreased, the outstanding mortgage, may cause consideration to sell this home.
MOO.
Tmar, I believe the house was in Karen's name, and since she is now deceased and if there was mortgage insurance taken out, the home loan gets paid out by the insurance co and goes to next of kin? Can anyone help out on this?

Look at the wide grin with Sarah’s companion, I’m thinking the scarf was covering a similar grin. Zoom in & take a look under the scarf.

View attachment 179983
Dammit this stinks.

View attachment 179984 View attachment 179983
I shock myself that I dislike this girl MORE than her father.

so disrespectful to her mothers memory

the law needs to change desperately.
murder should never have manslaughter option for a guilty plea.

manslaughter was a just conviction invented for accidently taking someones life.
ie ran over a pedestrian you didn't see in the dark and killed them. "accidently"
not loosing your bundle and lashing out....

I know a in jail for "manslaughter" convicted 10 years.
kidnapped, brutally bludgeoned her with a tyre iron and staged a car crash to hide it. (she had the audacity to start divorce proceedings when he was playing around )

domestic homicide just like domestic violence in itself is treated as a joke in Australian law.
bloody maddening.

I can't believe the length of sentence but will unfortunately accept it as the judge knows the interpretation of law obviously better than me.
If I was BR I would be extremely happy with the result.

Thanks to all that commented in the posts over the past three years as I have said before there are some very smart members who maybe should have considered a career change years ago or even today for some. I know a number of KR's family often logged in to follow the various thoughts of those who posted . I know they appreciated your feelings and thoughts along the way.

Can't say I enjoyed reading the posts sometimes but it was nice to see for Karen's sake that genuine sorrow for Karen's sad ending was always shown.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and concerns in the long and sad journey.
Steve, I genuinely feel devastated for you and your family today. Karen was blessed to be a part of a kind and loving family that you have all demonstrated. She would be so proud and thankful.

With the lack of justice exhibited today, I can only imagine this will further delay any sense of closure for you all.

Please stay strong as I firmly believe an appeal will be forthcoming due to the inadequacy of today's sentence in terms of deterrence and social justice.

All IMHO.

Well, I can see there's no love for Sarah here.

It does highlight why domestic violence is so prevalent in Australia, women are the hated species, mothers, daughters, mistresses, the lady neighbour, men are not responsible for murder, every single time there's a murder case there's the crowd convinced there's a woman behind it, sometimes there is. Karen copped the same crap when she was missing and now, her daughter. AR did seem the likely candidate, he fit the categories I previously posted about patricide but he was eliminated, oh wait, so was SR. Not according to some of the public, police were too incompetent, this is a 'strange' family and SR is a gold mine for ridicule, she's not trying to win the crowd over, damn, doesn't have her father's charisma, what a shame, Borce has won again!

I'm really disappointed by the cries of #domestic violence and justice for Karen when supposedly, poor Borce is doing time for someone else's crime, it's NOT a domestic crime if he's innocent! Shouldn't there be a petition to lessen his sentence and reopen the investigation into Karen's murder to catch the real murderer? Obviously, the police did a sloppy job and didn't check cctv or corroborate witnesses for all parties involved, and a whole new crack team need to be on the case. [/sarcasm]

I understand the strong feelings about Sarah's reference for her father, it's an appalling lack of respect for her mother's memory, I believe she will regret it one day. The judge did call her a victim and that Borce lied and lied to her. At one stage, he may have confessed he accidentally killed Karen and threatened suicide if she didn't stand by him. Sarah is living in complete denial, she's romanticising about her parent's relationship when she was a child, she's not acknowledging those few years preceding the murder, Karen clearly wasn't happy and wanted out.

I'm waiting for John Edward's trial for the murder of his wife, Sharon. It won't be a hot topic, the characters aren't interesting enough. If one of their sons stands by his father and denies he's capable of murder, that he was generous man, bought his wife a house after they separated and was a loving father, will he cop the same hatred as Sarah? I don't think so, he'll receive compassion and understanding because...... he's a man. (The son did post those comments but the trial is yet to come and his position is unknown.)

I don't mean to offend but I can't remain silent, it's not about being right or wrong, this is about domestic violence and partners and their children who become accustomed to a certain kind of 'normal', and the family image is protected at all costs. Many women tolerate unacceptable behaviour and make comments like, 'at least he doesn't hit me'. How sad is that?

Well, I can see there's no love for Sarah here.

It does highlight why domestic violence is so prevalent in Australia, women are the hated species, mothers, daughters, mistresses, the lady neighbour, men are not responsible for murder, every single time there's a murder case there's the crowd convinced there's a woman behind it, sometimes there is. Karen copped the same crap when she was missing and now, her daughter. AR did seem the likely candidate, he fit the categories I previously posted about patricide but he was eliminated, oh wait, so was SR. Not according to some of the public, police were too incompetent, this is a 'strange' family and SR is a gold mine for ridicule, she's not trying to win the crowd over, damn, doesn't have her father's charisma, what a shame, Borce has won again!

I'm really disappointed by the cries of #domestic violence and justice for Karen when supposedly, poor Borce is doing time for someone else's crime, it's NOT a domestic crime if he's innocent! Shouldn't there be a petition to lessen his sentence and reopen the investigation into Karen's murder to catch the real murderer? Obviously, the police did a sloppy job and didn't check cctv or corroborate witnesses for all parties involved, and a whole new crack team need to be on the case. [/sarcasm]

I understand the strong feelings about Sarah's reference for her father, it's an appalling lack of respect for her mother's memory, I believe she will regret it one day. The judge did call her a victim and that Borce lied and lied to her. At one stage, he may have confessed he accidentally killed Karen and threatened suicide if she didn't stand by him. Sarah is living in complete denial, she's romanticising about her parent's relationship when she was a child, she's not acknowledging those few years preceding the murder, Karen clearly wasn't happy and wanted out.

I'm waiting for John Edward's trial for the murder of his wife, Sharon. It won't be a hot topic, the characters aren't interesting enough. If one of their sons stands by his father and denies he's capable of murder, that he was generous man, bought his wife a house after they separated and was a loving father, will he cop the same hatred as Sarah? I don't think so, he'll receive compassion and understanding because...... he's a man. (The son did post those comments but the trial is yet to come and his position is unknown.)

I don't mean to offend but I can't remain silent, it's not about being right or wrong, this is about domestic violence and partners and their children who become accustomed to a certain kind of 'normal', and the family image is protected at all costs. Many women tolerate unacceptable behaviour and make comments like, 'at least he doesn't hit me'. How sad is that?

I truly think that Borce is using Sarah as his money saviour and his anchor. She is the next in line for inheritance (presumably) and a person who will carry out the things he wants done. Keeping her close and on board is essential to him at the moment, and has been for the past 3 years, and will be for the next 4½ years ...in the same/similar way in which he probably controlled Karen.
Such a controlling man - as Sam pointed out in the piece she said to the media yesterday.

Katie Bice says (in part) .......

In fact Sarah Ristevski deserves nothing less than our understanding, even if we can place no merit in her words.

...... the brain has an incredible way of protecting itself. It will throw up all kinds of scenarios that a person looking to escape horrid reality can latch on to.

Why else would Wade Robson tell a court he was never abused by Michael Jackson? How else could Cindy Gambino stand by the husband who drove their three children to their deaths in a dam?

Those are both like the Ristevski case — crimes perpetrated by people they had loved and trusted. But just like Robson and Gambino, Ms Ristevski will one day realise the scale of her father’s actions.

It is inevitable that she will begin to unravel his lies and realise her “loving, caring” father treated his wife like waste to be disposed of.

That he showed no compassion or respect, only a disregard for her family and the selfishness of a guilty man trying to save himself.

And even if she can’t bear to think about the circumstances of her mother’s death, she will, with time, remember how her father misled and lied to her.

Borce Ristevski isn’t just a killer, but a domestic violence criminal. He took the life of someone he was supposed to love in a place she should have been safe. There is no greater breach of trust.

Category: | Herald Sun
Katie Bice: Sarah Ristevski still deserves our sympathy
Herald Sun - March 30, 2019

Last edited:
Tmar, I believe the house was in Karen's name, and since she is now deceased and if there was mortgage insurance taken out, the home loan gets paid out by the insurance co and goes to next of kin? Can anyone help out on this?

Edgarb you’re right about the house in Karen’s name and I’d bet the farm BR made sure it was insured.
Let’s not forget her superannuation & inheritance.

This judge has made a terrible mistake.

The tragic tale of Sarah Ristevski

Tom Cowie
1 hour ago
As Sarah Ristevski entered the Supreme Court building on Thursday morning, she wore a large grey scarf to cover her face and large dark sunglasses that she hoped would shield her eyes from the glare of the cameras.
Her arrival for the sentencing of her father, Borce, for the manslaughter of her mother, Karen, was somewhat of a surprise. She had not attended any of his hearings since giving evidence at the Magistrates Court nine months earlier.

But as Ristevski sat in the dock awaiting his fate, Sarah was not in courtroom four.

Instead of sitting in the public gallery, she chose the privacy of room G225, down the hallway, where she listened to an audio stream of her father being sentenced.

It would mean there was no chance to see her father before he was led away.

Inside the courtroom, a packed gallery awaited what was expected to be the finale of a true crime saga that has gripped Melbourne and the nation.

The dark-suited detectives of the Missing Persons Squad, who had pursued Ristevski for 18 months before charging him with murder, sat in the front row muttering predictions about the result.
Had Ristevski's murder trial gone ahead as planned, their guesses would have been a lot higher. The average sentence for murder in Victoria is 20 years, compared to eight years for manslaughter.

As he did at his previous appearances, Ristevski wore an open-necked white shirt and had his grey beard cropped closely.

He blinked rapidly throughout the hearing but kept his eyes fixed on the dark-stained timber of the judge's bench. His jaw was clenched and lips pursed.
On Thursday, when Justice Beale asked Ristevski to stand, the security guards towered over him.

As the killer was sentenced to nine years' imprisonment, with a non-parole period of six years, the reaction came from those in the courtroom, not the dock.

There was a gasp from the upstairs section of the courtroom and the word "f---" was uttered in the area where Karen's family were sitting. Ristevski gave a small nod to the judge as he was taken away.

Only a day earlier, in the same courtroom, a man was sentenced to a 10-year minimum jail term for manslaughter after killing a man with a single punch.

After the hearing was done, Sarah sat in room G225 for more than two hours until deciding to finally brave the media pack that was waiting to ask why she had stood by her father.

As she walked down William Street to a waiting black four-wheel-drive, the strain could be seen in her flinching posture.

At 23, she is estranged from one side of her family, her mother is dead, and her father is in jail.

Last edited:
Edgarb you’re right about the house in Karen’s name and I’d bet the farm BR made sure it was insured.
Let’s not forget her superannuation & inheritance.

This judge has made a terrible mistake.

I think there is also some jewellery involved in the mix.

Plus, they have had that house for quite a few years now. I believe that there would be some good profit upon its sale, to go towards Sarah's inheritance .... if no creditors attempt to grab the profit.

I shock myself that I dislike this girl MORE than her father.

so disrespectful to her mothers memory

the law needs to change desperately.
murder should never have manslaughter option for a guilty plea.

manslaughter was a just conviction invented for accidently taking someones life.
ie ran over a pedestrian you didn't see in the dark and killed them. "accidently"
not loosing your bundle and lashing out....

I know a in jail for "manslaughter" convicted 10 years.
kidnapped, brutally bludgeoned her with a tyre iron and staged a car crash to hide it. (she had the audacity to start divorce proceedings when he was playing around )

domestic homicide just like domestic violence in itself is treated as a joke in Australian law.
bloody maddening.
I 100% agree K-mac, the laws need to be changed. A minimum sentence would act as a better deterrent for anyone who is unable to "keep it together" for that moment they decide to take the life of another human being.

Both these sentences are pathetic.

Borce Ristevski and Joseph Esmaili manslaughter sentences prompt calls for law reform

Yesterday's nine-year jail sentence imposed on Borce Ristevski, who hid his wife's body under logs and denied involvement in her death for years, immediately sparked outrage over sentencing laws in Victoria.
A day earlier, Joseph Esmaili was sentenced to 10 and a half years in jail for killing surgeon Patrick Pritzwald-Stegmann with a single punch after an argument about smoking at a hospital.
One key difference is Esmaili was the first person to be sentenced under Victoria's one-punch laws, which mandate a minimum decade-long jail term
There is no equivalent legislation for sentencing in family violence matters, but the Victorian Opposition is using the Ristevski case to push for a parliamentary review.
Domestic Violence Victoria said the Ristevski sentence exposed "the limitations of the criminal justice system in delivering just outcomes in family violence matters".

"Today we received the message that taking a woman's life is worth six years of a man's life in prison," a DV Victoria statement said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-19/borce-ristevski-joseph-esmaili-different-manslaughter-sentences/11029858

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail