Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

I dont get why she did this interview. This the money worth it. The hatred people would have gor her now. If it was me i ould shut up and keep quiet. All she has managed to do is.
1. Show us how well her dad has taught her to lie
2. Resurfaced the hatred ppl have towards them
3. Solified that she know and would not be suprised if she was involved.
I just dont get it.

I dont get why she did this interview. This the money worth it. The hatred people would have gor her now. If it was me i ould shut up and keep quiet. All she has managed to do is.
3. Solified that she know and maybe involved.

I DONT GET IT..... WHY

I DONT GET IT..... WHY
I know, I can't get my head round it either, must be about the money and he's convinced her, he didn't kill her mum, he's just doing time so he can get out early to be with her. :rolleyes: She has a hatred for the police, he's definitely instilled that into her. He's told her the impact statement for Karen would be for the police instead of a loving tribute to her mum whose life he stole! What an arsehole, he's manipulated her for forever! :mad: I hate this man, mind******* control is my pet hate!
The psychologist called it coersive control, which is now considered a crime in the UK, he had that over Karen too.

Imo, Borce and Sarah have always talked about airy fairy stuff, pipe dreams about him making it big and giving her the world, a really enmeshed relationship. She's that wrapped her in dad, she doesn't even care if people think she had something to do with her mum's death. For a moment, she accepts he did it and then, retreats and goes back to not knowing or wanting to know the truth.
If god forbid, she has a child one day, she will wake up from this nightmare and leave him for dead, we can only wish.

I DONT GET IT..... WHY

I just watched this interview & there is something weird about this whole scenario. Is it possible she was present? or was she out at the time? I don't know much about this case - but for an outsider not knowing a lot ... she has such a flat affect... tis very odd

still doesn't change for me after watching the interview last night, i think she is involved still, the way she approached that interview is just bizarre to me JMO

the whole situation is odd all these years later i still think we're far from the truth of what happened that night

Last edited:
My thoughts on the justification of her approach in that interview is that:
- Either BR is taking the fall for her, hence why he will not talk about how he committed the crime as the holes in his story will show. And she is forever grateful. Almost as if she's saying 'I'd do the same for him'
- Or she witnessed the whole thing and blames her mother that they are all in this predicament
- Or she is clinging onto the last close relative that she has and feels, 'he must have had his reasons'. If she really had no clue about the murder he must have sold her some soppy reason for it and we have no idea what he has fed her.

And of course, I think she was motivated by money for doing the interview in the first place.

All MOO.

She didn't even have enough sense to be offended by her own mothers death!.. not the manner of it, not the nature of it, not the technique of it, or the mechanics of it, or the sordid burial in the bush, or the ,( we are expected to believe, ) her not knowing her mother was dead or alive, for month after month... missing or just gone, …!!

But by god she was offended by the police. People. I ask you. She is offended by people like me, who doubt her entire story from start to finish. Oh yes. ..

BBM above.
Love the bolded sentence above.
How many agree with you: LOADS????
Let us see down the track, where greed leads too.

I think BR is staying quiet because I really think he is covering up and the less he says, the less his story will get picked on. I really think he is covering up for his little princess. I think he is taking the fall for SR I have said all along.
her behaviour does not add up. Hence why she is avoiding the police, scared that there will be a slip up. This interview last night just really solidified my thoughts.
I hope her sleeps are restless.

I think BR is staying quiet because I really think he is covering up and the less he says, the less his story will get picked on. I really think he is covering up for his little princess. I think he is taking the fall for SR I have said all along.
her behaviour does not add up. Hence why she is avoiding the police, scared that there will be a slip up. This interview last night just really solidified my thoughts.
I hope her sleeps are restless.

Nightmares, and waiting for the knock on the door.
MOO.

After watching the program on Youtube, no to most of you. I think Sarah is very damaged and has a long hard journey ahead. She is just getting by in the present with denial-type defenses. I think it's unreasonable to expect her to resent what BR did to her mother when she can't comprehend her own victimhood yet. She needs to treat herself first and she says she can't process, it's too soon. It's for her to judge that. But she can't just skip processing and move on to the future. And I fear that if she doesn't begin, the damage will be compounded by ongoing contact with BR especially when he comes out.

If I was in his position he would be by my side and I will be by his side in 11 years when he comes home.

Yes TGY that line seems very TELLING. Perhaps he is in HER position, is she unconsciously telling us that he's doing time for her?
Do we know what time Karen last spoke to anyone other than Borce & Sarah? Did he (as I've heard) only change his plea at the last minute because someone else was also going to be charged?
JMOO Scratching my head.

Yes TGY that line seems very TELLING. Perhaps he is in HER position, is she unconsciously telling us that he's doing time for her?
Do we know what time Karen last spoke to anyone other than Borce & Sarah? Did he (as I've heard) only change his plea at the last minute because someone else was also going to be charged?
JMOO Scratching my head.
No. He wanted to plead guilty to manslaughter (in exchange for the murder charge being dropped) from very early on. It was the prosecution who changed their attitude at the last minute, accepting the deal.

No. He wanted to plead guilty to manslaughter (in exchange for the murder charge being dropped) from very early on. It was the prosecution who changed their attitude at the last minute, accepting the deal.
From what she said last night, it sounds as if Dad convinced her that they were going to find him guilty of murder, so he decided to plead guilty to manslaughter. That has therefore allowed her to believe he is not guilty, just being set up. Then when the reporter said either your Dad did it or someone else, so if he didn't do it, don't you want to know who the someone else is? Then she says, I just can't think about that. Ffffftttt !!

From what she said last night, it sounds as if Dad convinced her that they were going to find him guilty of murder, so he decided to plead guilty to manslaughter. That has therefore allowed her to believe he is not guilty, just being set up. Then when the reporter said either your Dad did it or someone else, so if he didn't do it, don't you want to know who the someone else is? Then she says, I just can't think about that. Ffffftttt !!
From my viewing I don't think she's formed a rational consistent view at all. I don't think he's told her anything so detailed; he doesn't talk about it, because he's bereaved of his beloved wife too, and if she's in pain, imagine what it's like for him who has to live through it all while also despised and in prison! On one level she accepts the verdict, but at the same time all her feeling is against it being true. So she goes on not facing the conflict, believing and not believing, and sometimes feeling as if she were the criminal herself--I think because she identifies with him so much.

Baden-Clay tried to strike up a similar deal too, he was found guilty at the trial without confessing to anything, his lawyers came up with a scenario where he accidentally killed Allison and were appealing his sentence, but it was rejected.

Baden-Clay didn't admit to the scenario put forth by his lawyers, it was bizarre at the time! Imo, he was used as an example for BR by his lawyer, go to trial and risk being found guilty and serve a heavy sentence and fail at an appeal or, admit to manslaughter without uttering a word.

Both these men want to keep their reputation in check and not lose the love of their children. Even though, they've harmed their children in the most horrific way, robbing them of their mother! :mad:

From my viewing I don't think she's formed a rational consistent view at all. I don't think he's told her anything so detailed; he doesn't talk about it, because he's bereaved of his beloved wife too, and if she's in pain, imagine what it's like for him who has to live through it all while also despised and in prison! On one level she accepts the verdict, but at the same time all her feeling is against it being true. So she goes on not facing the conflict, believing and not believing, and sometimes feeling as if she were the criminal herself--I think because she identifies with him so much.
You've got so much compassion JLZ :), I can just muster enough for Sarah, barrels empty for him! I respect your evaluation of their situation though, if he confessed, he would end his pain and Sarah's suffering imo, and if she rejects him, so be it. She lacks insight on how she presents to the world, it can seem quite creepy and strange to an outsider. :(

You've got so much compassion JLZ :), I can just muster enough for Sarah, barrels empty for him! I respect your evaluation of their situation though, if he confessed, he would end his pain and Sarah's suffering imo, and if she rejects him, so be it. She lacks insight on how she presents to the world, it can seem quite creepy and strange to an outsider. :(
That about BR's situation was sarcastic; what he's selling Sarah. He's talking to her about his feelings and nothing at all about what he did. Oh, and "forced teaming"--we've both suffered a great loss, we're in this together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back