Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly let me say I have no idea about LE and their tactics, however as an avid reader of learned posters on Websleuths ..... quiet is good, in fact the quieter the better, my guess is they would be confident in the direction she exited her home. Given the fact the mannequin appeared 30 days later says volumes ....(to my gut feeling).....just my opinion only.

I wonder if there has been a release of some so called "rehabitliated" persons in the area.

Have not seen any follow up to the stranger that fronted the woman and her dog twice on the path. No photofit of this man either.

The woman would have to have made a statement and provided some idea of appearance etc.

I will suppose that there is eyes on someone, as normally there are profiles for the public to look out for.

Vic Ristevski's call for Karen to call them if she is still angry with her husband seems okay to me. I don't know why some of you think that he is suspicious, is it the way he spoke to media? As English being my second language too I also believe that VR spoke abruptly coz he was thinking in one language and it seems very direct and odd when he says it in English.
I also have noticed that both Ristevski's families are not that close as they wanted us to believe. Some of the reasons for that: Pervious failure of ther business 10 years ago or problem with AR stepsons claim.
I believe that Karens brother in law and his family have nothing to do with her disappearance. He is 100 % inosent.

Seems to me he could speak perfect English albeit with an accent. I'm sorry but saying "if you're alive" is not normal especially after only missing for a couple of days at that stage of the interview

Thanks & welcome unit45.

I can't recall seeing she had asthma anywhere. Was it reported in MSM, can you remember where please?
Great find BTW.

Thanks & welcome unit45.

I can't recall seeing she had asthma anywhere. Was it reported in MSM, can you remember where please?
Great find BTW.

Hi there and thanks for the welcome.

I did see it in a msm report sometime after the tv appearance, im sorry i dont have a link only a photographic memory .

I seen it, but maybe it was removed under error im not sure since then there has been no reference to it.

Here__________

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...nks-for-missing-woman-karen-ristevski/7627656

"Her family said she had medical issues and it was out of character for her to be away for so long without contacting her husband and daughter."

I had hoped to wake up (for me) to some positive news or any news at all from the police activity yesterday but there doesn't seem to be any. I hope it wasn't a a waste of their time.

I'm intererested in the use of the mannequin, that's something I've never seen in England, we would tend to have a reconstruction with maybe a police officer of similar build wearing similar clothes actually walking a possible route, it seems to me that would be more likey to jog a memory than a static shop dummy. Is this a common technique or is it because they don't know which route Karen might have taken?

Say, for example, in the Alison Baden-Clay case they used the mannequin because Allison used to regularly walk.

The thing was, the mannequin helped the usual walkers or neighbours remember they DIDNT see Allison that day she went missing. So when her husband said she went for a morning walk, it was confirmed by many she didn't. Gotcha.

I love our cops!

Just wanted to respond to Acidtear quoted post....

There is obviously someone named Borce Ristevski, who works for insurance line....if its our Current Mr Ristevski....thats not been proven - as there is no picture of the person accompanying the Linkedin page.....

it also doesn't say this person is connected to a Anthony Rickard ..... the page is merely showing the search engines results of who else people looked at following the search on the Name Borce Ristevski ...... and the picture for the Anthony Rickard that comes up is clearly not our current Mr Rickard.

Much the same as the search engine in say realestate . com

Sorry....just wanted to clear that up before it grew any legs and became an unprooven fact....

Just wanted to respond to Acidtear quoted post....

There is obviously someone named Borce Ristevski, who works for insurance line....if its our Current Mr Ristevski....thats not been proven - as there is no picture of the person accompanying the Linkedin page.....

it also doesn't say this person is connected to a Anthony Rickard ..... the page is merely showing the search engines results of who else people looked at following the search on the Name Borce Ristevski ...... and the picture for the Anthony Rickard that comes up is clearly not our current Mr Rickard.

Much the same as the search engine in say realestate . com

Sorry....just wanted to clear that up before it grew any legs and became an unprooven fact....

This has happened in other cases I've followed.

People search linked in for the individuals involved in a case all at the same time and Linked In automatically connects all the people with the same name and the way it's laid out can be confusing as it leads you to think that people with the same names are connected when they are aren't. Puggle is right to warn us all to be careful about this.

Does anyone know what time Karen was reported missing?

Not exactly sure inkpink ..... my gut says the same day she went missing.

The first msm I can find is on the 2nd of July where her husband and daughter did a plea in front of the Avondale Heights Police Station. There may have been Victorian Police appeals via Facebook prior to that though that I missed.

Hehehe! I've taken my medicine and have learned that i should be thinking out loud less. I wasn't fully aware of the consequences of my words and that my speculations were hurting people. Sorry to anyone i have offended with my enthusiastic speculating and sorry that i've been flippant with language (and offered the odd insult here and there) and people have been getting offended. So, less speculating and more thinking. A new thread and a fresh start was in order. Phew!

Now, as for the case itself, i hope the police found some more leads yesterday and they're working through them and we're closer to a result. They sure are keeping quiet, though tomorrow is the unfortunate one month anniversary of Karen's disappearance and we might hear some more. Fingers crossed!!!

Thats nice what you have written Scottkam......

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it though..... I think we have all at one point or another probably posted stuff that offends others.......Mmmm pretty certain of it in fact.

Its the diversity of peoples thought and ideas....and even the way people express themselves that makes me enjoy websleuths.

Sheesh......my inability to link...my inability to wrote a post without correct punctuation. ........ yep...I do alot of ..........DOTS ...in my posts...probably drives some people insane.

All good in my books.... people have freedom to simply scroll on by if they choose...well that's my thinking.

Puggle xx

Can anyone confirm if police have searched the buildings at Keilor Park Drive that "unit" has mentioned a few times...

Buildings once registered to Warrant Brands

Thats nice what you have written Scottkam......

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it though..... I think we have all at one point or another probably posted stuff that offends others.......Mmmm pretty certain of it in fact.

Its the diversity of peoples thought and ideas....and even the way people express themselves that makes me enjoy websleuths.

Sheesh......my inability to link...my inability to wrote a post without correct punctuation. ........ yep...I do alot of ..........DOTS ...in my posts...probably drives some people insane.

All good in my books.... people have freedom to simply scroll on by if they choose...well that's my thinking.

Puggle xx

Ha ha, I'm a big dot lover too. Emails, texts, facebook everywhere..........!

A situation similar to Belindas is entirely possible ... she would have had enough money to catch a taxi somewhere....
But then again .... id expect a driver to have come forward by now and say... hey I picked up this lady.

I dont have free to air TV .... apart from the Herald Sun ....Is her story getting much media coverage through vic TV channels ??

I wonder if the alleged sighting of her getting on a bus amounted to anything? The only update I've seen with regard to this is that "police cannot comment on social media reports that ... [Karen was seen getting on a bus]."

I can't comment on media coverage as I'm not in Vic (or Australia for that matter), but any and all updates are being posted to the Daily Mail online which is good.

My friend lives the street behind the Ristevski's house (didn't realise they were that close until I chatted to her yesterday) and she said the Borce had been doing door knocking on foot in the area around the time she originally went missing and seemed genuine in his worry. She said no alarm bells went off with her. She said they are a lovely family and she doesn't suspect him at all. She said the media are being cruel.

Now this could just be my friend not wanting to entertain the fact that her nice neighbours could do something evil but I thought it was worth mentioning :)

I wonder if the alleged sighting of her getting on a bus amounted to anything? The only update I've seen with regard to this is that "police cannot comment on social media reports that ... [Karen was seen getting on a bus]."

I can't comment on media coverage as I'm not in Vic (or Australia for that matter), but any and all updates are being posted to the Daily Mail online which is good.

Apparently it was someone from Taylors Lakes that said she saw her (karen) get on a bus at Gratton ..... but for the life of me I have no idea where this Gratton place is.

My friend lives the street behind the Ristevski's house (didn't realise they were that close until I chatted to her yesterday) and she said the Borce had been doing door knocking on foot in the area around the time she originally went missing and seemed genuine in his worry. She said no alarm bells went off with her. She said they are a lovely family and she doesn't suspect him at all. She said the media are being cruel.

Now this could just be my friend not wanting to entertain the fact that her nice neighbours could do something evil but I thought it was worth mentioning :)

I felt his door knocking and asking people about if they had cameras to see which way she went was genuine ..... even if it was suspicious...whats he going to do? Make a list of everyone with cameras then go steal them to hide any evidence they might contain..

Although having said that ....... another argument could be.. it could help him work out what initial statement to make to police about the circumstances of her going missing - after seeing what was other peoples cameras ..? .....that doesn't sound really plausable though does it..

I can't form a view on anyones guilt just yet ..... not enough solid info ....

But if I was going by Gut.. I don't think he's hurt Karen.

Apparently it was someone from Taylors Lakes that said she saw her (karen) get on a bus at Gratton ..... but for the life of me I have no idea where this Gratton place is.

There is a Gratton Street right in the city of Melbourne, if it was someone from Taylors Lakes that saw her, they may have actually known her from the shop. To me that makes the sighting more credible.

Anyone want to bet that something will happen just before the 6pm news?

PS. Back at ya Puggle :blowkiss: (cant find that waving smiley!!)

Anyone want to bet that something will happen just before the 6pm news?

PS. Back at ya Puggle :blowkiss: (cant find that waving smiley!!)
Do you know something we don't !!!!!

So in this online article it sounds like Borce has gone missing. This is wrong right.
"The “person of interest” who has been searching for the missing Avondale Heights suburb resident Karen Ristevski has suddenly become quiet.
Melbourne police have indicated their decision to join the search operation for the missing man.The officers also claimed that no evidence has yet been gathered to reveal anything about the woman."
Source: http://www.australianetworknews.com/karen-ristevski-update-person-of-interest-becomes-quiet/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave