Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm no.....there is no footbridge near the Anglers......its a main road on Raleigh Rd, with a large bridge that crosses over to the other side...

Yes she could arrange to met someone at Millera Rd Mall...thats close. .......Keilor Road is in Niddre....not really within walking distance.
To get to the river from karens, coming from the track, not main roads, it takes you to the footbridge at the end of Afton st. The Raleigh road bridge is for cars but also has a footpath for pedestrians, its the only way you can finish the track.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My thoughts are something was captured on CCTV.

Yes I think the tavern's cameras could be aimed on the grassy verge in front of the tavern, I can imagine some late night drinkers continuing there after closing time.
I did a Ggogle walk looking for cameras on the bridge but alas....

No worries. Honestly i think the walk is too far to anglers.

If she was meeting in a car park, there are 2 accessible which are much closer. One is at the end of tea gardens drive, and the other is canning reserve (where the aunts press conference was filmed) these areas are very quiet.

The track around the river near anglers tavern is always full of people, you can be spotted from the main road and being a local you're always bound to run/walk into someone.

Where the police were searching is under the main road bridge, as well as driving over it you must walk across to get the other side of the river. I know in my many walks around the river ive stopped and stared down in the sludge.

Yep.....if any private meeting was to take place....Canning Reserve would be my number one pick.

And......yes this is where police decided...well I am assuming it was the police decision to hold the Aunty interview there....the one where the reporter asked that direct question.

Karen Ristevski’s clothing shop closed down before her disappearance due to rent arrears

Since Mrs Ristevski went missing, small revelations about the months leading up to her disappearance have heightened the mystery.
She owned two fashion boutiques, Bella Bleu, in Taylors Lakes in Melbourne’s northwest and Broadmeadows in Melbourne’s north.
The Australian has now revealed in the months before Mrs Ristevski disappeared, her Bella Bleu store in Broadmeadows was shut down.
It is believed it shut earlier this year and The Australian reported if a business failed to pay rent the shopping centre could demand the payment or give shop owners 14 days before locking them out.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/d67fcc3bf307f0709e62ba873a2be005

In the statement Mr Rickard said “a situation developed between myself and Karen which I’d rather not fully detail at this time”.
He claimed he approached his father about the “situation” in 2006 but said Mr Ristevski ignored it and then kicked him out of home three to five times.
According to The Australian, Mr Rickard texted Mrs Ristevski two weeks before her disappearance telling her he was going to kill himself.
Both Mr Ristevski and Mr Rickard were questioned by police over Mrs Ristevski’s disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/d67fcc3bf307f0709e62ba873a2be005

To get to the river from karens, coming from the track, not main roads, it takes you to the footbridge at the end of Afton st. The Raleigh road bridge is for cars but also has a footpath for pedestrians, its the only way you can finish the track.

To get to the other side yes....sorry....not trying to be objective. ... Just for Makara's question..... was trying to orientate to the right side of the river.

That footbridge is about a km from the Tavern...so yes it does lead back to her home if she crosed over there...

Yes I think the tavern's cameras could be aimed on the grassy verge in front of the tavern, I can imagine some late night drinkers continuing there after closing time.

Ha ha ha......many late night drinkers.... yes you woud be 100% right on that......but I wonder if their cameras actually work to be honest....the electrical lines may well be waterlogged.

They have been flooded out so many times.....so it would be interesting if their cameras did work.

I don't know what your talking about Willis....ha ha ...unless your from my generation you wont get that...

I must be forum dyslexic. ....Ill give it a go...

No promises....I like being uniquely unable to do things...

Nup.....tried to do the laugh emotioncon...didnt work...Im a lost cause...

Lol...Ill figure it out one day....

*advertiser censored*.

OK, just try this, it won't hurt a bit. Type a double colon, one of these things : Immediately after it type floorlaugh and then add another double colon straight after it.You should get this :floorlaugh:

I was also thinking someone at the tavern may have actually remembered seeing someone they recognised from MSM and reported it to police. It's interesting that the search near the tavern was only days after AR's interview.

OK, just try this, it won't hurt a bit. Type a double colon, one of these things : Immediately after it type floorlaugh and then add another double colon straight after it.You should get this :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:

Thanks Puggles. I was under the assumption that the tavern and Karen's house were on the same side of the river. Okay, I might just have to cancel my latest theory. :blushing:

LOL. We all ask that question from time to time...why me?

There is actually two Cafes on the other side of the river also, she may have headed to one of them instead given the time of day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get to the other side yes....sorry....not trying to be objective. ... Just for Makara's question..... was trying to orientate to the right side of the river.

That footbridge is about a km from the Tavern...so yes it does lead back to her home if she crosed over there...

It's common for walkers to use the Raleigh road bridge to cross over. Which is right next to the Tav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if they severed business ties Bo...

I can't link as its a PDF ..... but Lou's "fleet" of cruise boats all moved to QLD in July 2010 after 10 years of frustration of not being able to secure permanent berthing rights - only offered month by month contracts. Fleet included the Flagship "Rivers", Sapphire Explorer, Lady Linderman ......ohh another one but I forgot to write it down...

He had them berthed at the docklands.....probably close to the restaurant.

Search under "Lou sails into Gold Coast's loving embrace"

I see the possible underworld connections with Lou......as per his msm reported inciden/court case ....where that leads?

But the thought that people will do things in desperate times is worthy of consideration..

Yes, the Rivers Group was wound up as a result of the Docklands crash. Lou 'sailed away' (with some 'gentle persuasion') but VR obviously didn't. Just answering a simple question about boat ownership, Puggs ;)

btw you can link a .PDF, just right click on the link in your web browser to copy and save it to your clipboard and paste it here just like you would a webpage. Like this (.PDF):

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=htt...ggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNHQt8jAmctJV-jKhn518-E_GbvmRA

Another link here (no download required):

Lou sails into the Gold Coast’s loving embrace
30 Jun 2010
Docklands News
By Shane Scanlan

http://www.docklandsnews.com.au/editions/article/lou-sails-into-the-gold-coasts-loving-embrace_5529/

Ha ha ha......many late night drinkers.... yes you woud be 100% right on that......but I wonder if their cameras actually work to be honest....the electrical lines may well be waterlogged.

They have been flooded out so many times.....so it would be interesting if their cameras did work.

coming from someone invested in a bar/pub I highly doubt that the cameras wouldn't be working. If ours went down we would be inclined to close doors until fixed. Police regularly ask to see footage when there is an incident and with all the regulations of responsible serving of alcohol ect you would have to be mad to not have working cameras.

Yes, I know it's almost a foregone conclusion that BR is responsible for Karen's disappearance and supposed murder and that may well be the case. But I keep thinking back to Jill Meagher. Everyone was pointing the finger at poor Tom Meagher, her beautiful husband. I knew immediately that he wasn't guilty. There was also talk of her male friend offering to share a taxi with Jill. There wasn't as much public interest placed on him, yet he was the last one (at that stage) to see her alive. By all accounts and purposes the public had deemed that Tom Meagher had murdered his wife. Shocking stuff!!

RSBM

I didn't get that vibe about Tom Meagher at all. (I agree that people did suspect him, I could never work out why.) He truly appeared the concerned and then grieving husband to me, at all times. From his first appearances looking bewildered and worried, to the time he read out his prepared statement to the media, and his deep grief when Jill was found. I hope that he has forgiven himself for not joining up with Jill that night, as they often did. Their lifestyle seemed a very typical one for a young city-dwelling couple. Beautiful people, such a tragedy.

This situation with Karen seems very different to me. Argument, time-of-day, significant financial strain, one business closed, possibly a substantial monthly mortgage payment, possibly high-level family dysfunction, Borce not speaking at all to MSM and now (imo) not speaking to the police - not even a prepared statement to the public to highlight the need to find Karen and keep people looking. I just am not sure what is going on with all that.

ETA: Even the police vibe was different with Jill. This is everything we know about Jill's movements. Here is CCTV. Look at it, help us. Here it is again. Here it is again.

RSBM

I didn't get that vibe about Tom Meagher at all. He truly appeared the concerned and then grieving husband to me, at all times. From his first appearances looking bewildered and worried, to the time he read out his prepared statement to the media, and his deep grief when Jill was found. I hope that he has forgiven himself for not joining up with Jill that night, as they often did. Their lifestyle seemed a very typical one for a young city-dwelling couple. Beautiful people, such a tragedy.

This situation with Karen seems very different to me. Argument, time-of-day, significant financial strain, one business closed, possibly a substantial monthly mortgage payment, possibly high-level family dysfunction, Boris not speaking at all to MSM and now (imo) not speaking to the police - not even a prepared statement to the public to highlight the need to find Karen and keep people looking. I just am not sure what is going on with all that.

I agree southaussie, I didn't feel that people thought he was guilty, particularly here in Melbourne. Karen's case has such a different vibe around it .

Great to see you all using the emoticons...they have really brought this thread ALIVE...LOL...:gathering:.:drumroll:.:yourock:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken