Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by KayElJay, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

[​IMG]

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

Karen Ristevski: Detectives ramp up search efforts to generate new leads about missing Melbourne woman

Mr Rickard has denied any involvement in Mrs Ristevski's disappearance but told a newspaper his anger over a family conflict did provide him with a reason to want to hurt her.

He admits battling an ice addiction and said Mrs Ristevski had previously spoken of planning to leave the family.

He also said he phoned Mrs Ristevski about 10 days before her disappearance to discuss the family *conflict, which he said has been "swept under the carpet".

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Thread #1
    ​Thread #2
    Thread #3

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

2. Loading...

3. Unit45

Unit45 "Quod oculus videt 3."

Where is Karen Ristevski?

4. moreinfo

moreinfo New Member

5. Makara

Makara Former Member

Search for Vic mum focused on rural land

10:38am August 25, 2016

The search for missing mother Karen Ristevski is focused on rural areas northwest of Melbourne with residents being asked to check for any suspicious changes on their land.
    "Police have searched a number of locations across Victoria however their focus remains in the rural area to the northwest of Melbourne," a police spokeswoman said in a statement on Thursday.

Read more

BBM: Quote by a police spokeswoman, not media hype.

Police are looking for any suspicious changes in the land, so they are obviously looking for a body.

6. ozazure

ozazure Active Member

https://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/search-for-missing-mother-karen-ristevski-continues

I would consider "rural" north west to be places surrounding the Calder, but then I'd sound like a broken record! From AH, your main ways to head out of the metro area the Western, the Calder and the Hume, and the Calder is the one that is right there.

It gives me the irrits when papers like the HS comment on people commenting. This is just the written version of what everyone is doing in their homes, shopping centres and at work. We are reading them and they are reading us, what's the big deal? That said, it is a bit of a coincidence that after we spend yesterday discussing areas to search the vic pol release that statement today. Things are certainly heating up. As the weeks go on and there are no signs of life from Karen, and nothing in her past is hinting to her voluntarily leaving, I imagine they need to put the pressure on closer to home.

7. Makara

Makara Former Member

8. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

9. Unit45

Unit45 "Quod oculus videt 3."

Possible hastily dug grave?, similiar to Adrian Bailey.( Jill Meagher case).

10. Makara

Makara Former Member

11. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Active Member

According to the Australian Gov Presidential Catering Pty Ltd is owned by The trustee for Madech Family Trust.

I think I would trust the Gov's info over "Find the Company" these sites usually enter the info and it gets left for years.

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=69416899828

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...archIdType=BUSN&_adf.ctrl-state=17n15zzk3o_23

12. moreinfo

moreinfo New Member

I wish we were told some simple facts like.......
    1. when Karen was last at work
    2. the last time Sarah saw her mum
    3. phone ping info
    Then we would speculate less and concentrate more on MUCH fewer options

13. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

pack a bag

14. steve richardson

steve richardson New Member

of Karen released a couple of weeks ago by police advised it was 'dressed exactly as when she disappeared, complete with a dark brown wig, designer Coach clutch and handbag, black jeans and black coat'.

I doubt that you would go walking without wearing any shoes while carrying an expensive looking handbag and clutch purse so I don't think it is dressed exactly as her when she disappeared.

Speculation has been that she went walking down by the river so distinctive shoes could have possibly left a print if in fact she did do that.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• jj.jpg
      jj.jpg
      File size:
      48.7 KB
      Views:
  15. Armchair snoop

Armchair snoop New Member

16. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

I have to say, this really sucks for Sarah, and it's probably only going to get worse [emoji853]

17. Makara

Makara Former Member

I'd say Borce couldn't remember what shoes Karen was wearing so the police haven't added shoes at all so as not to confuse the issue.

18. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I had always hoped that maybe Sara would know which pair of her mum's shoes was missing. But maybe Karen has many, many pairs of shoes, so that was not possible.
    They would sure as heck know if any of her usual go-to shoes and boots were missing though ... so I am presuming that none of the fave work/everyday shoes are missing.

19. Melbourne Lass

Melbourne Lass New Member

Rural areas north west of Melbourne - that is vast. Would Diggers Rest be considered 'rural'? I would think more semi rural than rural as such. Hoppers Crossing is west and not rural either. I mentioned Koroirot Creek the other day on this thread. It seems to be a very long creek, but also runs through the north west. Does anyone know how accessible it is?

20. ozazure

ozazure Active Member

Interesting - I wondered why that rang a bell. It is because The Rusty Duck is the only thing you can see Karen has liked on FB.

21. ozazure

ozazure Active Member

It's accessible - it gets pretty minor by the time it has wandered out of the western suburbs. This is a street view of it in Plumpton

koroit creek.jpg

oh and this is easier - here it is up the road in Diggers Rest - empty in this shot.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...03497c4cb8d79!8m2!3d-37.8530122!4d144.8508171

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.