Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highway and intersection/traffic light CCTV is designed to capture rego numbers. Must be CCTV from elsewhere, or multiple elsewheres.

Could even be from the opposite direction to Digger's Rest, as some have speculated. From splitting up the evidence/belongings all over the place.

BR already admitted to driving 90 minutes up that way, to me this sounds like a psychological tactic by police.

I don't think they expect to find all 123 owners, all it takes is 1 to not be found and the evidence is useless.

That is a seriously small car. I wonder if the CCTV image(s) they have is from those 40 cameras at the truck stop near the phone ping area.

i5zywn.jpg

(from sleep's link)
The boot looks little.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Ozazure you may have heard that but a poster here said they saw Sarah say that on tv so obviously two different interviews.

Ozazure you may have heard that but a poster here said they saw Sarah say that on tv so obviously two different interviews.

From memory she's only done the one interview. BR did do one with Sarah next to him but she didn't say much at all.

Didnt the ACA story just replay the 3AW recording. Off to find link if i can.

So if investigators have to go through process of elimination re Karens Merc, probably indicates that its passenger or passengers were not identified in the cctv images of the car obtained from the neighbour.

I agree. IMO they know that it was Karen's car but for it to stand up in court the investigators have to eliminate every other car identical or similar to it.

Unless the car is doing something or is somewhere it shouldn't be I don't see how eliminating all of the other cars will help.

I'm not sure how to explain what I'm thinking very clearly but why don't the police assume for now that it is Karen's car and investigate accordingly. If they find her body then it was her car, if they don't find anything useful then proving it was her car doesn't get them anywhere.

Does that make sense?

Unless the car is doing something or is somewhere it shouldn't be I don't see how eliminating all of the other cars will help.

I'm not sure how to explain what I'm thinking very clearly but why don't the police assume for now that it is Karen's car and investigate accordingly. If they find her body then it was her car, if they don't find anything useful then proving it was her car doesn't get them anywhere.

Does that make sense?

If your building a case against BR and hes told you i drove up highway and turned around on highway but you have footage showing him driving past a country town on the way to a very large forest and he has forgotten to tell you that, the it brings him into further suspicion and if you find her body it places him very close to the scene and further proves he is lying about his movements that day. If the wanted to quickly eliminate all owners of the cars they could have made an appeal...i think this is just a reminder to BR that rhey are slowly building a case. The weekly drip feeding must be awful for the man that dumped her so callously. I'd imagine the picture of her deceased face would be haunting at night and the police a slowly circling. Its only a matter of when not if I hope.

So if investigators have to go through process of elimination re Karens Merc, probably indicates that its passenger or passengers were not identified in the cctv images of the car obtained from the neighbour.
Yes Sez, that's probably what's going on. Also wondering if there's some night footage or dark early hours of morn ........ maybe Merc made two trips🤔. If so, SR would probably know about it.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Does that make sense?

I agree suzyjackson, particularly with your point the car may have been somewhere it shouldn't have. That's been my theory all along. Once the LE establish its KR's car, wherever that may be, they will have some sort of a route the car took.

Obviously LE have sightings or CCTV, or both, of the car but I'm getting the impression they are crossing their t's and dotting their i's with the final stages of the investigation.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely makes sense; unfortunately assumptions, logic and even common bloody sense don't stand up in Court. His Defence could say 'there are 132 others of that model in Victoria alone, what's your proof that it was our client??'
They can assume during the investigation but when taking it to Court, the i's have to be dotted and the t's crossed to get a conviction, especially when relying on circumstantial evidence.
Eg: 'it couldn't have been anyone else but your client as we've ruled out all other possibilities'

Instead of the 123 cars, I'd be more interested in compiling a database of places BR was familiar with in the North-West region.

would someone be silly enough to sit a deceased person up in the car...... if the boot was small, maybe they have something caught on camera with two people in the car....

What another poster says is irrelevant, people get their wires crossed and make inferences that don't hold up to what was actually reported. If you can link to a direct quote from an article I'm all ears.

There is very little known publicly about the timeline of events. From Borce we have that their was an argument and a walk at 10am and he's the last to see her. By 11pm June 30th a tweet from Vic police, so we know someone reported her missing within a day or so - could have been the 29th for all we know.

Post her disappearance we know there was a 3AW interview by Sarah, a press conference outside the Avondale Heights police station where Borce and Sarah speak, one later at the Maribyrnong River where only Patricia does. Borce speaks to the media about financial misreporting ... or rather, wrong "inferences" taken from factually correct information.

Then later we learn more of the timeline - a drive up the Calder and two sets of matching phone pings for his and Karen's phones as well as a period of 2 hours when his phone was off, and a phone call from her work. Not directly quoted and assumed leaked.

We have no idea when Sarah last saw or spoke to her or expected to see her. No idea what Karen's movements were the day before or what time she was expected at work. No idea what Sarah and Karen's usual communications looked like, despite how others characterise it. No idea that if Sarah had been texting or calling her that she found Karen's radio silence unusual or concerning prior to realising she was missing. All that would tell us more about what went on, just as finding out about the Calder trip turned me from thinking it was possible Karen had done a runner to thinking it is extremely unlikely she wasn't killed by Borce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave