Australia Australia - Karl Melo-Richards, 25, Maroubra, NSW, 2 Sept 2016

Bohemian

Reaction score
NSW Police Force
Missing man - Maroubra
Saturday, 03 September 2016 03:10:52 PM

Editors note: An image of Karl Melo-Richards has been posted to the NSW Police Force Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/nswpolicefor...184.-2207520000.1472883529./10154064600186185

View attachment 101251
Photo: Karl Melo-Richards
Source: Supplied

'Police are appealing for information following the disappearance of a man from Maroubra.

Karl Melo-Richards, aged 25, was last seen about 1.30pm yesterday (Friday 2 September 2016), after leaving his home on Broome Street.

When he did not return as planned, he was reported missing.

Mr Melo-Richards is described as being Caucasian appearance, 175 - 180cm tall, with a medium build. He is further described as having short brown hair and brown eyes. When he was last seen he was wearing grey and black shirt, dark blue jeans and closed-in shoes.

Police hold concerns for his welfare and are appealing for information.

Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/ Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.'

http://m.police.nsw.gov.au/news_med...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNTY3ODYuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

'Karl, we love you – please come home': mother's appeal to missing son
The Sydney Morning Herald
Josh Dye
September 5 2016

'The mother of missing Maroubra man Karl Melo-Richards has appealed for anyone who may have seen her son to come forward, as his disappearance stretched into a fourth day.

Mr Melo-Richards, 25, was last seen around 1.30pm on Friday afternoon when his family left the house on Broome Street. When they returned later that afternoon, there was no sign of him.

"The doors to the house were all open – the back and front door – and he's left his wallet and keys and his car," the man's mother told Fairfax Media. "And when we rang his phone, it was not available, switched off, and has been switched off ever since.

"Karl, we love you. Please come home or at least contact us so we know you're safe."'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/karl-we-l...rs-appeal-to-missing-son-20160904-gr8m8e.html

Mother of missing Maroubra man “wants to know he’s safe”
Melissa Seiler
Southern Courier
September 8, 2016 12:41pm

'The mother of a Maroubra man now missing for six days has pleaded with him to come home, saying her son’s disappearance is “not normal” behaviour for him.'

'Eastern Beaches Police have conducted several searches of the local area without success.

Mr Melo-Richards’ mother Vanessa Richards her son was “having a long-term battle with depression” at the time of his disappearance, and had never gone off without telling her before.'

'Karl’s mother is hopeful the day was the only rainy one recently would jog someone’s memory.

“We don’t know whether Karl left the house on foot, or was perhaps picked up by someone in a car.”'

'Karl’s mother asked that anyone who saw him between 2pm and 5pm that Friday, particularly in the South Maroubra area, near Broome St or the surf club, please call Maroubra Police on 93499299.'

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/ea984df3c6484d51afe53e60568d041e

So he went missing in September this year?

Could a mod fix the thread title?

AFP appealing for information on missing people

There's a video or the transcript.

VANESSA RICHARDS: He was quiet that morning. I had to be at work by two o'clock. I said goodbye to Karl. I was in a huge rush and we just hugged and I said see you in the morning. He didn't say too much. I drove to work and the next thing I heard was that my daughter who she came home from school and she found that the whole house was wide open. Karl's keys, his wallet, his car, everything was still there. The front door was wide opened, but he wasn't there.

CONNIE AGIUS: Karl Melo-Richards battles anxiety and depression.
His mother first noticed something was wrong when he was in primary school.
CONNIE AGIUS: Karl Melo-Richards was diagnosed with clinical depression.

VANESSA RICHARDS: He and his long term girlfriend they'd decided that they probably wouldn't be together long-term.

His state of mind I suppose steadily worsened to the point in April where we got a call that he had put himself into the psychiatric emergency care at Prince of Wales.

Since that point he returned home and he'd been living here with us. He has been up and down ever since.

CONNIE AGIUS: Karl Melo-Richards went missing on two occasions, but was quickly brought home.

Why is this thread saying he is deceased? I can’t find anything confirming he was found deceased.
Neither could I. The only thing I found is a pdf file summarizing the Coroner's report of the 'Inquest into the suspected death [IBM] of missing person Karl Melo-Richards' which is dated 11 Apr 2019. IRT to the cause and manner of death the Coroner states in paragraph 63 "Further, in the absence of Karl's body being found and a postmortem examination being performed, it is not possible to reach a conclusion as to the precise cause of Karl's death, even on the balance of probabilities."

I will move the thread to the 'Missing but not forgotten Discussion - 2010's Missing' forum given Karl's remains have not been located as of 2019 and there is not an official confirmation posted here since then that states differently. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancy.

https://coroners.nsw.gov.au/documents/findings/2019/MELO-RICHARDS Karl - Findings (2).pdf

ETA - The linked file is likely the same as the one linked above by @Bohemian. The link address is different.

Neither could I. The only thing I found is a pdf file summarizing the Coroner's report of the 'Inquest into the suspected death [IBM] of missing person Karl Melo-Richards' which is dated 11 Apr 2019. IRT to the cause and manner of death the Coroner states in paragraph 63 "Further, in the absence of Karl's body being found and a postmortem examination being performed, it is not possible to reach a conclusion as to the precise cause of Karl's death, even on the balance of probabilities."

I will move the thread to the 'Missing but not forgotten Discussion - 2010's Missing' forum given Karl's remains have not been located as of 2019 and there is not an official confirmation posted here since then that states differently. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancy.

https://coroners.nsw.gov.au/documents/findings/2019/MELO-RICHARDS Karl - Findings (2).pdf

ETA - The linked file is likely the same as the one linked above by @Bohemian. The link address is different.

The inquest did conclude he is deceased but not located.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-035743_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-035743_Word.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members