GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

The murder of six-year-old Kiesha Weippeart wasn't the first child killing Russell Oxford has investigated - and it is unlikely to be the last.
But voice cracking and eyes glassy, the experienced detective's reaction to her mother's jailing on Thursday revealed the heavy burden homicide police carry in cases such as this.

While it was clear that police were disappointed with the length of the sentence given, Detective Inspector Oxford made no comment as to its adequacy, saying that was for others to do.

"It's been three years, it's been a very, very long time ... it's taken a very emotional toll on a lot of people, it's effected a lot of people, certainly within the police, the family and the community itself, as you can see by the attendance of people in court today. Everybody wants to know about this case."

by LISA DAVIES - 18/07/13, 7:00 PM

Read more
http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/the-toughest-job-of-all-20130718-2q4fk.html

I am sure it probably will work Zeppa. I woke to find on my Twitter newsfeed that Rupert Murdoch was 'secretly taped by undercover Sun reporters' and his was response was that the recording was not accurate because he was "too emotional". He now claims that what he said was incorrect as he used too many adjectives.

I believe that this footage of KA will show a woman in a hotel room being very emotional. Probably the first and last time she will be in a hotel room that has a bed and seating area. Kudos to her that she confessed and stood by her remarks. That much I will give her.

the cycle of abuse needs to be broken which is really hard, maybe parenting classes at schools would be a small start and teaching children about kindness and empathy towards animals and humans, self esteem classes for girls and boys so they respect themselves and others, having safe places where people feel welcome, where they can feel able to talk to someone and maybe drop their children off when they cant cope, places for lonely people. teaching people how to be loving and kind to their children, its hard if you have been abused and grow up damaged with no emotional coping skills and then you become a parent with no idea how to be a parent.
its heartbreaking when you see a child you instinctivly know is being badly treated and wonder what they are going home to, you want to help the child but really what can a bystander do? unless you actually see the child being hurt.
its a huge social problem and getting worse and the measures in place dont seem to be working

All I hope is that because Kiesha died, her little siblings will have stable and resourceful people looking after them, to break the cycle in this family.

My opinion only. I have tried so hard to stay out of this but I am confused.

The most recent MSM report from Marlywings says KA will be with the worst of the worst. Amongst them according the report are prostitutes.:scared: No wonder Adrian Bayley got away with so many rapes before he practiced his skill on Jill Meagher.

I'm not sure how much video editing had to do with this, but in the ACA link above it's disturbing how often K strays from the whining/crying voice to speaking in a quite matter of fact way. After the way she wailed so unconvincingly in early taped news reports, I can't believe her tears are genuine at all.
I hate that somehow being convicted of murdering a child seems to attract a lesser sentence than if the same crime was committed against an adult - it's just sickening imo. Even less if it's an infant - everything is just so wrong in these cases.

July 19, 2013

It is understood the Department of Family and Community Services has launched an internal investigation into Kiesha's death.

This month Fairfax Media revealed that almost three-quarters of children deemed at risk of significant harm in NSW will not see a caseworker to undergo safety checks. Figures obtained under freedom-of-information laws - after the Minister's office refused to provide numbers - revealed 61,308 children and young people were reported as being at risk between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012. Only 16,409 were interviewed by a caseworker and given a safety check.

The documents also show that between June 2011 and 2012 the number of full-time equivalent caseworkers had fallen by 110 to 1987 - a decrease of 5 per cent.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/goward-silent-on-case-of-murdered-child-20130718-2q7b0.html#ixzz2ZUyGavvF

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/solution-lies-in-prevention-experts-210530561.html

Poverty and social deprivation in the early years result in high rates of obesity, addictions and alcoholism as adults. Buffering or reducing toxic stress before a child starts school helps them learn, grow and have productive lives, he said.
"Think about the brain as adapting to the environment it is reared in," Santos explained.
A child born to poverty, used to chaos, hunger and violence, is going to have trouble in safe environments such as school and work.
"The difficulty is when the child's brain is adapted to a predatory, threatening environment," said Santos. "They interpret facial expressions differently -- they have different ways of processing social information."
Investments in parenting and maternal programs to nurture their brain development are proven to result in the biggest bang for the taxpayer's buck -- but the returns aren't instantaneous, the inquiry heard.
"It's pay now or pay later," said Sanderson.

Wow, split the difference on those dates and I get 18 years!! It's official, am psychic :)

Alison Anderson is awesome, couldn't have said it better myself.

Dear Kiesha, sweet little girl, people cared about you! I remember members of WS going out on weekends early in this case and pitching in for the search themselves. People posted maps and looked at possible places she could be. Her whole community came together for candlelight vigils, and the wall in front of the apartment block where she lived was covered in teddy-bears, balloons and candle wax the day I drove up there.

I really hope she knew she was loved in life, it's so sad that poor Kiesha never knew enough of that love in her own home where she deserved to be cherished.

RIP sweet child, you will not be forgotten, and people will fight in your name for other children just like you! :hug:

Beautiful post Mrs Norris, you made me cry...

July 28, 2013

FORTY-SEVEN seconds.

That's all it took for Alison Anderson to get herself thrown out of Long Bay prison and banned for life, after paying a visit to her former friend, child-killer Kristi Abrahams

Now Ms Anderson, a youth worker from Glendenning, in Sydney's west, is joining Brooke Bowen, stepmother of two-year-old Tanilla Warrick-Deaves, who was killed by her mother Donna Deaves.

The women plan to lobby for tougher minimum sentences for convicted child-killers.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...-alison-anderson/story-fnii5s3x-1226686976084

July 28, 2013

FORTY-SEVEN seconds.

That's all it took for Alison Anderson to get herself thrown out of Long Bay prison and banned for life, after paying a visit to her former friend, child-killer Kristi Abrahams

Now Ms Anderson, a youth worker from Glendenning, in Sydney's west, is joining Brooke Bowen, stepmother of two-year-old Tanilla Warrick-Deaves, who was killed by her mother Donna Deaves.

The women plan to lobby for tougher minimum sentences for convicted child-killers.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...-alison-anderson/story-fnii5s3x-1226686976084

Im really glad that Little Kiesha, has a voice in Alison Anderson :great::yourock:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/duty-of-care-what-happened-to-kiesha-20130826-2skl1.html
Duty of care: What happened to Kiesha?
The untold story
Kristi Abrahams throws the pregnancy kit on the kitchen table. "Have a look at this," the 18-year-old says to Liz Weippeart, the mother of her boyfriend of three months.
"Oh ****," says Liz.

"What am I going to do?"
"I don't know," says Liz, gauging that the girl expects her to solve the problem. "It's up to you."
Advertisement
Abrahams goes to the bedroom to tell the boyfriend, Chris Weippeart, also 18. The wiry blond charges out, seething. "She's f...ing pregnant!" He kicks a hole in the fibro wall of the dining room, jumps on his pushie and takes off to who-knows-where in the constellation of battler suburbs around Mount Druitt on Sydney's western fringe.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...d-to-kiesha-20130826-2skl1.html#ixzz2dVCfDskC

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/duty-of-care-what-happened-to-kiesha-20130826-2skl1.html
Duty of care: What happened to Kiesha?
The untold story
Kristi Abrahams throws the pregnancy kit on the kitchen table. "Have a look at this," the 18-year-old says to Liz Weippeart, the mother of her boyfriend of three months.
"Oh ****," says Liz.

"What am I going to do?"
"I don't know," says Liz, gauging that the girl expects her to solve the problem. "It's up to you."
Advertisement
Abrahams goes to the bedroom to tell the boyfriend, Chris Weippeart, also 18. The wiry blond charges out, seething. "She's f...ing pregnant!" He kicks a hole in the fibro wall of the dining room, jumps on his pushie and takes off to who-knows-where in the constellation of battler suburbs around Mount Druitt on Sydney's western fringe.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...d-to-kiesha-20130826-2skl1.html#ixzz2dVCfDskC

I am at a loss for words. It is tragic and heart breaking.

July 28, 2013

FORTY-SEVEN seconds.

I frickin' LOVE her!!!! She is ACE!! WTG Alison!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

No. Not Ace. Outburst of human emotion was how this happened. No one in this whole entire unit liked or trusted one another. Everyone was hiding from everyone else as they had different opinions. Abortion, the pill, vasectomy, abstinence, not my choice, a slob, kick a hole in the wall, friends house is a toy shop, free gov. housing at 18.

I don't understand and I never want too. She, I am guessing never had a Pap smear so to think have an abortion was in the same unknown realm.

If she said her daughter cried, who in the hell didn't teach her how to get a diagnosis of lactose intolerant? Or if another reason like asthma, hold and cuddle with a steamer. Who I say?

God Bless all children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back