Australia Australia - Kyle Coleman, 17, Mount Isa, QLD, 22 Feb 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Strangeworld, Feb 24, 2014.

1. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

Two days ago the NorthWest Star published the details of Kyle's friend who suicided:

2. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood Well-Known Member

The friend has the same surname???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

4. MsAnais

I missed this article - tis from the 27th March:

5. MsAnais

6. SouthAussie

7. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

8. maxi318

maxi318 New Member

Isn't that strange! Looking at photos of James on FB they could easily be mistaken for brothers. When Kyle first went missing James' mother had written a status asking for her "other son" to come home so it sounds like they were very close friends.

9. sleepinoz

10. MsAnais

Yes - good point, Sleep! They are indeed discounting JC's statement - the last definite sighting of Kyle was at the fuel station.

I really hope this case gets solved. Such a loving, dedicated family - they really need some answers :please:

11. MsAnais

The focus has definitely shifted from the idea of him last being in Mt Isa. The latest update in the NorthWest Star on 8th April:

12. Seabreeze1

Seabreeze1 Well-Known Member

This case really makes me sad, to know that his family is in so much pain is heartbreaking. I just don't understand why his friend didn't leave a note saying what happened on the hunting trip. I keep hoping each day that they will find answers.:please:

13. sleepinoz

Wonder what happened to him being seen at Undilla around 'lunchtime'.

14. MsAnais

Hmmmmm......very good point, Sleep! What about this, from Feb 26th??BBM:

15. MsAnais

16. SouthAussie

It would be pretty hard for Kyle to be seen at lunchtime at Undilla, if he was at the Shell truckport at 11:45am. (I would imagine he was caught on CCTV there, which is why they can confirm he was 'spotted' there.)

Undilla is almost a 3hr drive from the truckport. Although the property probably extends quite a ways around Google's map point.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...8dc73c85734f961!2m2!1d139.488494!2d-20.693832

If the Undilla station manager is being truthful, did he see someone else in the vehicle with James? Did he just see 'two lads' in the vehicle and the assumption is that it was James and Kyle?

Was someone else with James and Kyle that day, and has not come forward with information? And if so, where the heck did Kyle go?

Is there some insinuation that Kyle hitched a ride from the truckport on a long distance truck?

I'm not sure why he would drive his parents crazy with worry by doing that though. Or why James would suicide soon after.

17. SouthAussie

There is an ABC (NW Qld) radio interview here with a lady who is assisting with FB monitoring and media liaising … in essence it says the following:

27 March 2014
    "It's the story that has captured Mount Isa, with everyone wanting to help in some way."

- Area searching for Kyle is about 2 hrs outside Mt Isa
    - Funds raised are for fuel, vehicle maintenance, food, GPS tracking devices (for safety)
    - Raised about $12,500 through fund, plus $10,000 from ladies in Mt Isa
    - Getting more experienced fundraisers involved
    - Community amazingly supportive …. from people sharing FB info to people delivering meals for searchers
    - There is community communication to ensure not re-searching same areas 2 & 3 times over, and that they are not interfering with police investigation
    - 14 year old boy started the ‘Missing’ FB page (kudos to him!)
    - Adult admin monitoring FB to ensure no upsetting comments – lots of hours put into it – day and night
    - Other families involved that need to be protected from upsetting comments too
    - Parents doing as well as can be expected, but it is very difficult for them

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2014/03/mount-isa-continuing-the-search-for-kyle-coleman.html

18. SouthAussie

So, if they are searching about 2 hours out of Mt Isa. it must be up in the Camooweal area. And an MSM report (somewhere on this thread) said Kyle and James couldn't get to where they wanted to go at Camooweal due to muddy conditions.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...07130!2m2!1d139.4974616!2d-20.7247053!1m0!3e0

Don't know where I am going with this ... but I thought it may help us to understand where the searches are/were happening, due to whatever info it is that they have.

Where are you Kyle?

19. MsAnais

Thank you for that info, SouthAussie :seeya:

It does indeed feel important to know where they are searching.

The fact that Lindsay Miller of Undilla Station said in MSM early on that Kyle was at his property that Friday (and that this is now being not publicly acknowledged by LE in MSM) says something IMO.

20. SouthAussie

BBM

I agree ... but what does it say?? :confused:

That he didn't see Kyle, or that he saw a dispute involving Kyle, or that he was involved in a dispute with Kyle, or that he saw other people in the area too?

And regarding James, I have been wondering of late if he left a note. Something that explained a little more about what happened - and that is why police called off their search, but kept investigating the matter.