Australia Australia - Kyle Coleman, 17, Mount Isa, QLD, 22 Feb 2014

BBM

I agree ... but what does it say?? :confused:

That he didn't see Kyle, or that he saw a dispute involving Kyle, or that he was involved in a dispute with Kyle, or that he saw other people in the area too?

And regarding James, I have been wondering of late if he left a note. Something that explained a little more about what happened - and that is why police called off their search, but kept investigating the matter.

I think that he definitely DID see Kyle that day - as he told MSM in the beginning. He wouldn't have said that for no reason.

But I assume that LE has told him to stop talking to the press. I have no idea why??!! Maybe he has specific info that they don't want revealed to the public at this point........

Good question re James and a note. I didn't even connect them calling off the search and James' suicide. That would make sense. It would also make sense of why they are searching a specific area in such a vast place.

Many unanswered questions......

There is a drover's camp at Camooweal, associated with Undilla Station.

Drover's Camp Camooweal appears to still be a camping site. Was this where the lads were headed? Is it possible that someone staying at the drover's camp saw/knows/did something about Kyle's disappearance?

How does a lad just disappear from a camping trip two hours from his home? And to make matters worse, his fellow camper then suicides a few days later? What on earth happened to these two lads?!!

Camping is available along several kilometres of stock route which runs beside the beautiful Georgina River.
There are red claw and bream in the river but no crocodiles.
To get to the campsite, take the turnoff at the western end of the Georgina River bridge. Camp near the bridge to be close to the township or for privacy, continue along the dirt road past the cattleyards and after about 1.5km the road will adjoin the river.

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/campsites.html?site=499
http://www.droverscamp.com.au/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

The concerning thing here is .. if the boys camped near the bridge, because conditions were too muddy to camp further along the river, anyone could have had access to them and be miles away by the time people realised Kyle was missing.

A perp could also have taken James' ID and noted his address, and threatened him with retribution if he told anyone what happened. Or James managed to get away and whatever happened was so horrible that James couldn't speak of it and took his own life a few days later. :(

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2254049/priceless-gift/?cs=12

WORDS from one mother to another about how to cope when a child goes missing were a priceless gift received by the mother of missing Mount Isa teen Kyle Coleman last week.

Denise Morcombe flew into Mount Isa last Thursday to offer support and advice to Sonia Coleman.

The Coleman family haven't stopped searching for their 17-year-old since he went missing on February 21, while camping with a friend at a property outside Camooweal.

Here's another article that I just found about Denise Morcombe's visit to the Coleman's.

Mrs Morcombe says she placed a call to investigators in Mount Isa to see if Kyle Coleman's parents, Sonia and Rob Coleman, would like to meet with her.
She says she spent a day with Sonia Coleman last week and offered her some advice.
"I basically said you have to be really patient. I know you want things to be done quickly but you have to sit there and let the police do their investigation," she said.
"I know each day feels like it drags on forever but you have to get up and do the best you can each day."

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/05/02/3996644.htm

Morcombes swamped with 10,000 emails and cries for help

TROUBLED, lost and grieving people across Australia are turning to Bruce and Denise Morcombe for advice.

And the Morcombes are answering the call, personally meeting some of those desperate for help.
Last night the couple talked to Australian soldiers who are battling to cope with the effects of being in a war zone or a disaster area.

A week earlier, Denise went to Mount Isa to lend an ear to the family of missing teenager Kyle Coleman.

Earlier in the month they were in Brisbane to be with a friend of brutally murdered French student Sophie Collombet.

Luke Batty's mother, Rosie, has sought the Morcombes' advice on how to set up a foundation to honour the memory of her son, who was killed by his father with a cricket bat in February.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/help-calls-in-10000-emails/2249568/

Morcombes swamped with 10,000 emails and cries for help

TROUBLED, lost and grieving people across Australia are turning to Bruce and Denise Morcombe for advice.

And the Morcombes are answering the call, personally meeting some of those desperate for help.
Last night the couple talked to Australian soldiers who are battling to cope with the effects of being in a war zone or a disaster area.

A week earlier, Denise went to Mount Isa to lend an ear to the family of missing teenager Kyle Coleman.

Earlier in the month they were in Brisbane to be with a friend of brutally murdered French student Sophie Collombet.

Luke Batty's mother, Rosie, has sought the Morcombes' advice on how to set up a foundation to honour the memory of her son, who was killed by his father with a cricket bat in February.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/help-calls-in-10000-emails/2249568/

Wow!Thank you for passing that info along to us, TGY:seeya:

SUCH special people. What they are doing truly is service work. Blessings to them :hug:

Kyle's family have organised a fundraiser to raise money to keep the search going. Here is an article about it:

Coleman family spokesperson Linda Dahler said people who came to the Jeans for Jacko night on Saturday were encouraged to wear jeans and the colour yellow.

``We picked jeans because Kyle always wore jeans and a T-shirt, and picked the colour yellow because when Denise Morcombe visited she encouraged us to pick a colour for the campaign people would recognise,'' Ms Dahler said.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2298397/fund-raiser-to-help-keep-search-going/?cs=191
I'm blown away by how dedicated they are - they've not given up in any way. Much love to them.

I've been thinking is Kyle so much in the past few weeks. I had a dream and i was talking to a really nice young guy in it and when I woke up I could still see his face and I realised it was Kyle. I've not stopped thinking about him since.
It's all so heartbreaking and just now I saw some pics on FB of the search party heading out this morning and it just brought me to tears...

I need to re read this thread I think as I've got a few questions and I don't want to ask if it's already been covered.

I hope they find him this search trip!

I've been thinking is Kyle so much in the past few weeks. I had a dream and i was talking to a really nice young guy in it and when I woke up I could still see his face and I realised it was Kyle. I've not stopped thinking about him since.
It's all so heartbreaking and just now I saw some pics on FB of the search party heading out this morning and it just brought me to tears...

I need to re read this thread I think as I've got a few questions and I don't want to ask if it's already been covered.

I hope they find him this search trip!

Or you could just ask them, Humdinger :seeya: I'm sure no one would mind - we could probably all use a recap anyway.

I think about Kyle too. It's very, very sad.

Or you could just ask them, Humdinger :seeya: I'm sure no one would mind - we could probably all use a recap anyway.

I think about Kyle too. It's very, very sad.

Thanks Isis, I will :)

Was his stuff ever found? His swag etc that he had with him.
Are the police still actively investigating?
Was the other guy that was with him his cousin? Also, I wonder if he left a note? Was that reported?I know we guessed, but can't remember if it was confirmed.

I know I won't find these answers in the thread, but I'd really love to know what the police and family know! The police must have a fairly solid theory and they must have told the family this. I'd assume that the search parties are looking for his remains as opposed to him living in the bush somewhere.
I'd also love to know what the other guy said to the police before he suicided. I'm sure the family knows.

Thanks Isis, I will :)

Was his stuff ever found? His swag etc that he had with him.
Are the police still actively investigating?
Was the other guy that was with him his cousin? Also, I wonder if he left a note? Was that reported?I know we guessed, but can't remember if it was confirmed.

I know I won't find these answers in the thread, but I'd really love to know what the police and family know! The police must have a fairly solid theory and they must have told the family this. I'd assume that the search parties are looking for his remains as opposed to him living in the bush somewhere.
I'd also love to know what the other guy said to the police before he suicided. I'm sure the family knows.

I'm answering from memory (which may be dodgy!!:floorlaugh:) but I'm pretty sure (and this is according to MSM info, so we may well not have the full story):

1. His stuff was never found
2. The police investigation isn't officially closed but they're not actively searching for him anymore
3. We were never told if James Coleman was his cousin. In Kyle's mother's letter published in the Pakenham Gazette (posted on this thread) she calls him one of Kyle's two best mates. I'd have thought that she would say something about being a relative as well, if he was. (but that's pure speculation on my part!)
4. We were never told in MSM if he left a suicide note.

And it sounds like some of what he said to police before he suicided simply wasn't true - the whole story about Kyle going to several parties that night and of Kyle leaving his house well and alive early that morning.....all of that was later publicly discredited by LE in MSM.

Hopefully the family do have a clearer idea of the truth than us. I so feel for them. They're not giving up. He was very loved.

I'm answering from memory (which may be dodgy!!:floorlaugh:) but I'm pretty sure (and this is according to MSM info, so we may well not have the full story):

1. His stuff was never found

2. The police investigation isn't officially closed but they're not actively searching for him anymore

3. We were never told if James Coleman was his cousin. In Kyle's mother's letter published in the Pakenham Gazette (posted on this thread) she calls him one of Kyle's two best mates. I'd have thought that she would say something about being a relative as well, if he was. (but that's pure speculation on my part!)

4. We were never told in MSM if he left a suicide note.

And it sounds like some of what he said to police before he suicided simply wasn't true - the whole story about Kyle going to several parties that night and of Kyle leaving his house well and alive early that morning.....all of that was later publicly discredited by LE in MSM.

Hopefully the family do have a clearer idea of the truth than us. I so feel for them. They're not giving up. He was very loved.

Thanks so much!

His stuff not being found yet might be a good thing? If it is with him still it will make it easier to find him IYKWIM. Searching for what may now be a skeleton (sorry Kyles family :( ) would be harder than searching for a swag etc.

I just wish they could find him, no matter what..

My daughter went missing for more than 12 hours once (walked to a distant beach with a friend, oh boy were they in trouble!) and called the police on herself after midnight, when it got scary.

For those 12 hours, I thought I would die of the worry. It's the most awful pain, not knowing where your child is and whether they're okay. It's unfathomable, what this family, or any family in that situation, is feeling after a week, a month, a year..

Let him be found, so his family may have some peace. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back