Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by marlywings, Oct 13, 2013.

1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

2. Loading...

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Quite a detailed & incredibly sad report about this tragic case.

October 12, 2013

THE house where Peter and Kylie Blackwood raised their three children is as neat as it always was. Lawns clipped, hedges trimmed. A lovely, airy suburban home where the Blackwoods, 11-year-old twins M and H, and big brother C, 13, lived. The kids playing after school. Peter zipping in and out of the driveway on his way to work just up the road. Kylie's heels clicking on the driveway as the busy mum went to work, or played taxi for the kids. A normal family home in suburban Pakenham, filled with noise, laughter and love.

The immaculate home in McCaffrey Rise is silent now. No laughter. Just questions, and grief

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0fee2-1226738956486

4. enzeder

enzeder Active Member

5. enzeder

enzeder Active Member

6. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

An earlier report...

August 13, 2013

Police are continuing to search for CCTV footage from surrounding streets, in the hope the killer may have been caught on video.

Det-Insp Potter last week refused to rule out that the sickening attack was the result of a burglary gone wrong, but could not say if anything had been stolen.

Sources said Mrs Blackwood's devastated husband, real estate agent Peter Blackwood, has told police he believed nothing had been taken.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...wood8217s-murder/story-fni0fee2-1226695158508

7. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

Just a marker post, for now. It's late, and this is too sad.

Thanks, marlywings, for posting Kylie a thread.

8. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Oh My...

what a tragic mystery..

:(

9. IHAVENOCLUE

Though there seems to be very little evidence pointing to a killer...

IMO... These MSM articles are a wealth of information about the lives of Kylie and her family!

JMO

10. IHAVENOCLUE

Beautiful woman... Impeccable house... Perfectly dressed... Put on a pedestal by her husband and children...

She makes me feel like a slug! :what:

I wonder if there is a jealous woman in her circles psycho enough to want to... And succeed in.. Killing her?

Just a thought...

11. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

There does seem to be an extraordinary amount of detail about the family and their background??

It's so very sad for the poor family - I feel deeply for them. Am sending them much love.

12. Ausgirl

The wounds on her hands suggest she fought for her life... I note the msm also mentions her face. While it's often thought facial attacks are 'personal', it doesn't have to mean the killer knew his victim personally. But it does indicate perhaps a personal agenda, some sort of deep hatred for Kylie, or just women in general.

Trying to be clinical. Just the thought of those bright little children coming home to see their mother like that... It's a bit too much for me, really.

I know Pakenham a bit - it used to be a huge horse area, but it's a lot more developed now since I used to ride out there. I can't comment on what it's like now. I'm hoping that, just as happened in the Morgan Huxley case here recently, some locals will happen along and fill us in on some general details.

Wth is happening to our Australia? So many senseless murders, these past few years. Seems there's more and more every year, too.

Gah, those poor babies. I'm not religious, but inclined to say a prayer for them anyway.

13. Ausgirl

Just a note on all the personal detail.. There really is a lot, but I see this as kind of indicative of Kylie and her family having absolutely nothing to hide, being bewildered, and wanting to put across what's been taken from them, and from this world.

Could be that the cops are encouraging this, too, as a way of guilting anyone with information to come forward. I'm much more aware of how police direct the media sometimes, after the Huxley case.

14. IHAVENOCLUE

Good point of LE trying to guilt the perp by having such glowing reports of Kylie and her family placed in MSM!

JMO

15. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Maybe it was a woman?

16. IHAVENOCLUE

Two thoughts come to mind after reading this article...

- I wonder why LE reports the perp may have been infatuated with her (or burglary gone wrong)...

Is there some history of stalking...messages on computer.... Or ??? That leads them to this theory... Instead of someone angry at her... Or some other motive?

- Kylie had come home from a shopping trip... I wonder if there is any surveillance cams which picked up any unusual behaviors of people at the shopping centers?

Just some thoughts...

JMO

17. IHAVENOCLUE

I found it interesting that it was reported in this article that "known lawbreakers" were telling LE that something needs to be done to catch the perp that killed Kylie... (My own words)

I have never heard this reported in any cases...:waitasec:

18. MsAnais

Thanks for clarifying re facial attacks. My first thought when reading about her wounds was that it was personal so it's good to know it can also be more complex than that.

And absolutely, as a mother it's really hard to even read about this case!

19. MsAnais

I wondered that too - it's a very specific thing to throw out to the public.

<modsnip>

20. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Re the amount of detail. I think with media, it depends on the amount of interest in the case as to how much is reported.

A lot of our Aussie members would recall the multitude of reports about Allison Baden Clay. Many of the reports went into quite a lot of detail about life & times of Allison. In one way it's kind of sad that all murder cases such as these, don't receive the same amount of interest.

On the other hand, sometimes media are governed by police & are only permitted to release certain details about the case.

21. IHAVENOCLUE

Though tragic... This is such an intriguing case!

I hope more WSers come and join us!

:please: