GUILTY Australia - Kylie Maybury, 6, abducted & murdered, Preston, Vic, 6 Nov 1984

did KD threaten his mother to keep her quiet about Kylie? Wouldn't take much to intimidate an old woman...

Not much at all. Or, if she was the first caller, hoped that small snippet of information would lead them to her son with no further involvement from her.

KD's mum sold the house less than two years after the murder... how much of it would have been her son wanting to get away from Preston?

Also, where did KD get the Vallium he drugged Kylie with?

Also, where did KD get the Vallium he drugged Kylie with?

Valium was colloquially known as 'Mother's Little Helper' (c. 1960s). GPs prescribed Valium and other benzodiazapines ('benzos') as a treatment for 'anxiety'. An epidemic proportion of English, American and Australian women (mainly 'housewives' and mothers) had to be 'weaned off' Valium in the 90s-00s. It was found to be highly addictive and had nasty side effects. Some had such severe symptoms they had to be hospitalised during withdrawal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-97526/End-Valium-little-helper.html

One of Kylie's schoolfriends I'm in contact with has been approached by The Age newspaper for an interview about Kylie. Understandably she's unsure, although The Age have said that they will legally clear any article given the pending court case.

Davies has lost his battle about the police holding on to his DNA.

The coroner in 1986 said Kylie died from being strangled, but i have to wonder whether she was already fatally hurt from being given an overdose of Valium. Remember, Davies wasn't a doctor and would have no idea of the safe dosage to give a small child - he just wanted her too drugged to scream.

The coroner in 1986 said Kylie died from being strangled, but i have to wonder whether she was already fatally hurt from being given an overdose of Valium. Remember, Davies wasn't a doctor and would have no idea of the safe dosage to give a small child - he just wanted her too drugged to scream.

I'm not a doctor, but I work in a vet hspt where we occasionally prescribe valium for pets. It's possible, but not likely that Kylie OD'd from Valium. She would have had to have been given an extremely high dose. People survive when given 50 times a theraputic dose. However, Valium slows breathing and heart rates, so she would be more vulnerable to death by suffocation or strangulation. A heavy weight on her chest could stop her breathing.

'Usual Pediatric Dose for Light Sedation

Conscious sedation for procedures:
Oral:
1 to 12 years: 0.2 to 0.3 mg/kg orally 45 to 60 minutes before procedure, up to a maximum of 10 mg
13 to 18 years: 5 mg orally 45 to 60 minutes before procedure, may repeat with 2.5 mg dose.

Sedation:
1 to 12 years:
Oral: 0.02 to 0.3 mg/kg every 6 to 8 hours as needed.
IM: 0.04 to 0.3 mg/kg IM every 2 to 4 hours as needed, up to a maximum of 0.6 mg/kg in 8 hours.

13 to 18 years:
Oral: 2 to 10 mg 2 to 4 times a day as needed.
IM or IV: 2 to 10 mg 2 to 4 times a day as needed.'

https://www.drugs.com/dosage/diazepam.html

You can download a weight for age chart here and do the calculations:

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/Documents/childhood/parents/mch/mchgrowthbmigirl18yrs.pdf

The weight range for a 6 year old girl is between 15-27 kgs.

'Usual Adult Dose for Anxiety

Oral: 2 to 10 mg 2 to 4 times a day.
IM or IV: 2 to 5 mg (moderate anxiety) or 5 to 10 mg (severe anxiety) for one dose. May repeat in 3 to 4 hours, if necessary.'

https://www.drugs.com/dosage/diazepam.html

If Kylie was given an adult dose of, say 10mg, I'd say that would be enough to sedate her but I am not a medical professional.

Is there a Coroner's Report with toxicology results available?

Australia is not the USA... it's very difficult for civilians to obtain police and court records.

Davies probably forced Kylie into his car as Robert Lowe did with Sheree Beasley.

Australia is not the USA... it's very difficult for civilians to obtain police and court records.

Davies probably forced Kylie into his car as Robert Lowe did with Sheree Beasley.

I'm not in the USA, I'm in Australia. I know you can find Coroner's Reports on their website or at the State Records Office. Maybe he offered to drive her home with the heavy bag of sugar she was carrying.

Thank you, Bohemian. One if my journalist friends who was including Kylie's case in her book on Melbourne crime before Davies was arrested, said that it was difficult for true crime authors to access police records as they are civilians. I took her at face value.

Thank you, Bohemian. One if my journalist friends who was including Kylie's case in her book on Melbourne crime before Davies was arrested, said that it was difficult for true crime authors to access police records as they are civilians. I took her at face value.

Your journalist friend may well be right because Kylie's case was reopened and there is a trial, so it may be difficult to access some records. You could check both the Coroner's website and give the State Records Office a call or send an enquiry through their website. It's been over 30 years since Kylie passed away so I thought maybe there could be some records available at least. I know there were for Lynette 'Norma' Daley and her death was only 10 years ago. Her case was left unprosecuted and the accused are at trial; so similar conditions (although Lynette was an adult at her time of death).

Have just come across this thread and have to go back and re read from start.

But just wanted to quickly contribute a little.....

maybe not linked....,but yet a very curious and certainly a rather bizarre coinky dink...

One of the prime suspects for Mr Cruel attacks lived only a few blocks from this man.....

and from what I have researched Paedophiles of their generation...prior to internet used to find (connect) with others of their type by placing local ads in community newspapers saying things like ..... "looking for someone who shares an interest in Photography"...

Eww kinda makes you wonder if these two, living so close ever got together to share anything.....man would I love to grille this guy!!!!

Imagine getting him and Mr Cruel.....

Keith Moor, who has covered the Kylie Maybury case for over thirty years for the Herald Sun and its predecessors, believes firmly that Mr Cruel has no connection with the Maybury murder and stated that no reputable journalist would connect the cases either.

Keith Moor, who has covered the Kylie Maybury case for over thirty years for the Herald Sun and its predecessors, believes firmly that Mr Cruel has no connection with the Maybury murder and stated that no reputable journalist would connect the cases either.

I'll take that on board paul 1980.....Im still back reading.....and have scribbled down some notes.

I'm only up to page 5 or 6 in this thread ..... I love Keith Moore's articles ..... they seem to mirror sentiment on social media...so he seems very in tune with picking up on public thoughts and tidbits out there...

Hindsight is worth its weight in gold.....and even Keith would agree with me I'd imagine.....unless he's psychic.

Im not a journalist luckily. ....so no reputation to worry about.

I have had a long obsessive interest in Mr Cruel....and more than a passing interest in the Bung case....ok I'm obsessed with hers also.

There are some interesting coincidences that link each case....how on earth I can present them in a logical manner is beyond me at this point........

For now...I am really excited to be reading all the contributions on this thread and taking in all that has been researched, links posted and opinions...... comments made.

But even Mr Moores opinion wont sway me...if evidence contradicts his opinion.......he is only human too.

Whoa...up to page 12...and so many interesting bits of info and thoughts....

Yes, we had an interesting discussion. No Maybury family members have come to WS, though i can understand why they wouldn't.

One of Kylie's schoolfriends I'm in contact with has been approached by The Age newspaper for an interview about Kylie. Understandably she's unsure, although The Age have said that they will legally clear any article given the pending court case.

Paul, did Kylie or her school friend /family know or was familiar to Keith Davies and if so in what way? What I am getting at was this truly a stranger/opportunistic abduction and murder or was Kylie known to Davies before hand and he targeted and planned? The story about the door knocking photographer asking her mother in the weeks beforehand offering to take photos of her children really creeps me out.

No, Keith Davies was not known to Kylie's family or the schoolfriend I've been talking with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back