Australia Australia - Lathlain, Perth, WA, WhtMale 20-40, hit by train, Mar'98

Welcome to WS, Katrell. TY For starting John Doe's thread.

BBM
MISSING PERSON - UNIDENTIFIED ADULT MALE - LATHLAIN WA - 07/MAR/1998 - Crime Stoppers Western Australia

John-Doe.png

WA Police Force Senior Constable Jen Robinson led the search for a family member, a friend-anyone who might have known the man but found no one.

Although ‘John Doe’ has been missing since 1998, we do not know if he is missed.

It shows that missing persons – even those police cannot identify – are never completely forgotten.

The Major Crime Squad Missing Persons Unit is again calling for public assistance in their investigation into the identity of a man killed on Saturday 7 March, 1998.

The man died instantly after being hit by a northbound train between the Burswood and Victoria Park Train Stations about 11.20pm.

Despite extensive inquiries over the last 20 years, the man has not been identified. In an attempt to discover the identity of this man, DNA and fingerprinting testing was undertaken and ran both domestically and internationally. He was even profiled on the national crime show ‘Australia Most Wanted’ in the hope that someone would recognise him and the circumstances surrounding his death – this was not the case.

Senior Constable Jen Robinson organised a funeral for the unknown man in 1999 and wants answers as much as anyone. “We just wanted to be able to say to his family ‘we did give your son a farewell.’” Jen continues “The seventh of March doesn’t go by without me thinking of himit’s like Remembrance Day for me.”

The man is described as having fair skin, aged between 20 and 40 years of age, slim to medium build, between 170 and 175cm tall, hazel eyes and balding with ginger/blonde hair. He was wearing a green/blue business shirt, green trousers, brown belt and black Rivers brand shoes.

Attached is a composite image of what the man is believed to have looked like. The second image is a still photograph from an ABC simulated footage showing what the man was wearing at the time.

Cast your memory back, were you near Burswood or Victoria Park Train Stations in Perth on 7 March 1998? Did you know someone who went missing around that time? You may have a small piece of the larger picture.

If anyone knows the identity of the man or has further information about this case, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. You can remain anonymous if you wish.

Back in 1998 on the 7th of March, a man was found hit by a train in Lathlain, Western Australia. I found out about this case a couple years ago and its been in the back of my mind since. This man, who has been unidentified for over 20 years, seemingly died with no rhyme or reason.

John Doe's appearance:
John Doe was a male between the ages of 20-40 years old with a slim to medium build, standing between 170 and 175cm (5'5" to 5'7"). He had a pale complexion, hazel eyes and balding ginger-blonde hair. At the time of his death he was wearing a green-blue business shirt, green trousers, a brown belt and black "Rivers" brand shoes.

Details of the death:
He died instantly after being hit by a northbound train between the Burswood and Victoria Park Train Stations as about 11:20pm.

Details of search:
He had DNA taken, as well as fingerprints, which were both nationally and internationally tested. He, along with his facial reconstruction, was featured on "Australia's Most Wanted", yet no one recognised him.

My theories on his death:
I'm not familiar with the area he was found, or how common suicide and I guess organised crime is in Australia, but these theories seem somewhat plausible anyway, I suppose?
1- He had no family or friends who would look for him and took his life as a result. To elaborate a bit on this theory, he may have been disowned by his family, just be an antisocial person or maybe he lost everyone or contact with everyone to a tragic accident or such.
2- He tied off lose ends before taking his life, hence why no one looked for him or admitted to recognising him.
3- It was simply an accidental death and no one happened to come forward. Its an underwhelming theory and probably isn't as likely as it seems it could be, but its plausible.
4- Simply mental illness. Things such as schizophrenia, depression, paranoia or other delusions may have driven him to suicide. I forgot what exactly it was, but there was a family in I believe South Australia who all simultaneously conjured up a paranoid delusion and thus went missing for a while.
5- On the more extreme end, he may have been trying to escape a life of crime or evade federal forces. It's definitely not uncommon for a criminal to be on the run and somehow disguise their identity and simply take their life. Though please don't let this theory hinder your image of the man, it is just a theory.
6- Finally, perhaps the most unlikely but considering the lack of identification, is very possible. He was some kind of spy, law enforcement or something that would cause the government to hide his identity and silence anyone who knew him. Or perhaps those who knew him knew prior not to say anything?

I honestly highly doubt that after all these years, the searching and the DNA that not a single person knows or even recognises this man.
What were the motives?
Who is he?
Why has no one come forward?
And most importantly, who out there, if anyone, is still missing him looking for closure?
I'm desperate to find who this man is!! I'm sure there's at least someone out there missing him. If you have any information contact the Australian Crime Stoppers at 1800 333 000 or create an online report here:

Sources/resources:
https:///wiki/Perth_John_Doe

I'll add to this thread if I find anything, as well as respond to any additions if I see fit. Later I'll bump this thread with who this man may be.

Here's a list of missing persons this John Doe may be:

Barry Petersen

Gordon Rogers

Though its unlikely, these two seem to be the most likely identities to fit Lathlain J.D.

I have tried for a while to confirm that William Maddison French has been ruled out as being this John Doe, but can't find anything.
I assume they must have ruled it out since it happened fairly close together both geographically and in time.
But I also think they look similar.
The height is the only part that stands out as different, but I don't think it'd be impossible that one or both of the reported heights are a bit off.

I have tried for a while to confirm that William Maddison French has been ruled out as being this John Doe, but can't find anything.
I assume they must have ruled it out since it happened fairly close together both geographically and in time.
But I also think they look similar.
The height is the only part that stands out as different, but I don't think it'd be impossible that one or both of the reported heights are a bit off.

Eye colour also wrong this John Doe had hazel eyes

Welcome to WS, Katrell. TY For starting John Doe's thread.

BBM
MISSING PERSON - UNIDENTIFIED ADULT MALE - LATHLAIN WA - 07/MAR/1998 - Crime Stoppers Western Australia

John-Doe.png

WA Police Force Senior Constable Jen Robinson led the search for a family member, a friend-anyone who might have known the man but found no one.

Although ‘John Doe’ has been missing since 1998, we do not know if he is missed.

It shows that missing persons – even those police cannot identify – are never completely forgotten.

The Major Crime Squad Missing Persons Unit is again calling for public assistance in their investigation into the identity of a man killed on Saturday 7 March, 1998.

The man died instantly after being hit by a northbound train between the Burswood and Victoria Park Train Stations about 11.20pm.

Despite extensive inquiries over the last 20 years, the man has not been identified. In an attempt to discover the identity of this man, DNA and fingerprinting testing was undertaken and ran both domestically and internationally. He was even profiled on the national crime show ‘Australia Most Wanted’ in the hope that someone would recognise him and the circumstances surrounding his death – this was not the case.

Senior Constable Jen Robinson organised a funeral for the unknown man in 1999 and wants answers as much as anyone. “We just wanted to be able to say to his family ‘we did give your son a farewell.’” Jen continues “The seventh of March doesn’t go by without me thinking of himit’s like Remembrance Day for me.”

The man is described as having fair skin, aged between 20 and 40 years of age, slim to medium build, between 170 and 175cm tall, hazel eyes and balding with ginger/blonde hair. He was wearing a green/blue business shirt, green trousers, brown belt and black Rivers brand shoes.

Attached is a composite image of what the man is believed to have looked like. The second image is a still photograph from an ABC simulated footage showing what the man was wearing at the time.

Cast your memory back, were you near Burswood or Victoria Park Train Stations in Perth on 7 March 1998? Did you know someone who went missing around that time? You may have a small piece of the larger picture.

If anyone knows the identity of the man or has further information about this case, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. You can remain anonymous if you wish.
An option I believe that could explain why he hasn’t been identified is it’s quite possible he had a falling out with family and they stop speaking and because they weren’t on speaking terms they never reported him as missing and even if they saw this they may not think anything of it.

After years of looking at this guys image a thought came to me last night so I made these images by downloading FaceApp and aged down the identikit image…
I was just thinking what if someone knew the person when they were younger but hadn’t seen them in awhile before his death. Worth a shot I guess

Attachments

• 90F6FECF-1DB8-4BF5-99D8-5F0F387B32DE.jpeg
    90F6FECF-1DB8-4BF5-99D8-5F0F387B32DE.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 5939667C-7A94-4102-A985-42852CE4B86E.jpeg
    5939667C-7A94-4102-A985-42852CE4B86E.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
  • A99A70F7-DF09-4E6D-BFA3-6DD8194CCBEE.jpeg
    A99A70F7-DF09-4E6D-BFA3-6DD8194CCBEE.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 15
on Facebook I would always for last 5+ years or search for this and try to find posts but recently while changing the words around alot came across a post from 2012. Something I read in replies kept coming back to me and even when I would wake up I could tell I must have been dreaming about what I had read and yesterday I searched for an hour trying different words to try to find the post.

Eventually found it and msg all the details I could to someone on a Facebook group that I know has done a lot of work to try to solve this case and is a policewoman

What I read in the post was 1 person saying a name of who they said it looked like then a second person saying if it is him I haven’t seen him since 2016… one of them said In a seperate reply later on that they were waiting to hear back from police . But no more was said. I looked at both accounts didn’t have much on them since it was in 2012 but when I searched both names I found both of them with new Facebook accounts. Both went to Kent Street High School! And if you look at where that school is compared to where this accident happened it’s very very close … so it just peaked my interest and thought i better check this out with someone ! Let’s hope

on Facebook I would always for last 5+ years or search for this and try to find posts but recently while changing the words around alot came across a post from 2012. Something I read in replies kept coming back to me and even when I would wake up I could tell I must have been dreaming about what I had read and yesterday I searched for an hour trying different words to try to find the post.

Eventually found it and msg all the details I could to someone on a Facebook group that I know has done a lot of work to try to solve this case and is a policewoman

What I read in the post was 1 person saying a name of who they said it looked like then a second person saying if it is him I haven’t seen him since 2016… one of them said In a seperate reply later on that they were waiting to hear back from police . But no more was said. I looked at both accounts didn’t have much on them since it was in 2012 but when I searched both names I found both of them with new Facebook accounts. Both went to Kent Street High School! And if you look at where that school is compared to where this accident happened it’s very very close … so it just peaked my interest and thought i better check this out with someone ! Let’s hope
My apologies I was tired when I wrote this … they said haven’t seen him since 1996 not 2016 ‍♂️

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back