GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your views about the note KG1.

I don't believe Lucy McCallum would be in the least concerned about SG or his friends harming her if she did not find in his favour. The fact she is a woman does not make her more fearful than a male judge in criminal courts or family courts. Very few criminals or enraged family members are able to get close enough to judges to threaten them in this country. I can only think of one Family Court judge (Opit J) and the wife of a Family Court judge (Pearl Watson) who were murdered, apparently by people unhappy with these judge' decisions.

Agreed Theodora ... Lucy McCallum didn't get to where she is by being afraid of people like SG. When I read through her previous cases (at least the ones in MSM) she has angered a few people in her time ... including pretty much the whole MSM industry in a libel case where MSM were ordered to reveal a source ... and she keeps on with her work.

I noticed that when I was looking for a photo of her, the photos are very far and few between. In fact, I could only find one photo (that named her), and interestingly it was in an article by one of those angry MSM companies about the libel case!

I'm sure she has a silent phone number, a secure home, takes sensible precautions in her life, and is protected by a mandatory life sentence (where life means life) if anything untoward should happen.

I couldn't work out why SG found it necessary to be seen in public with RL all the time. (Well at least while the cameras were rolling). I somehow get the feeling his very life depends on this.
Focus will be on RL not the guy wearing ear studs, and/ or ear-rings, and holds her hand oddly in the domineering manner.
RL, appears for all intents and purposes, model material. Bit of a bombshell, busty, dresses well, looks him in the eye, not elsewhere, walks like a model, acts like an actor, sculptured almost .....

Then I found it.

“A man is a real man when he has a beautiful woman beside him,”
Gittany said before proposing to Harnum.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...iancee-death-article-1.1491930#ixzz2lMDVyekQI

So history will remember SG as a "real man" as he has RL pandering at and by his side?
I doubt history is that gullible SG. And I doubt the Judge is that gullible.
And although I think a lot of men will do a double take, (the male drool factor) they will ultimately look back to SG.
It is SG who is on trial here, not the "beautiful woman" beside him.

lavelle72, that was very interesting, thanks for those links!! I know exacting where that is now. Wow,opposite it is opposite Museum Station - a very busy spot!

“A man is a real man when he has a beautiful woman beside him,”
Gittany said before proposing to Harnum.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...iancee-death-article-1.1491930#ixzz2lMDVyekQI

RSBM

I wonder if he mentioned that he would then make her cover her beauty, tightly tie back her hair, make her stay home, isolate her away from everyone, strip her of her confidence ..... ?

Makes me wonder if he still managed to have a beautiful woman on his arm, even when he endlessly left Lisa behind at home.

LadyBird1 I agree, and it angers me that he has been seen with RL looking so devoted. I

think the message he is trying to send is 'of course I'm innocent, how could I have

snagged this beautiful women beside me if I were the abusive murder they are saying I

am?'. She is much younger (younger than Lisa), beautiful and makes her own money. She

is well travelled and independent. I think he knows very well that it is obvious she is with

him out of choice when she potentially has many men to choose from. He knows this

reflects well on him and that this would plant a seed of doubt over his guilt - in some

peoples minds. I think 95% of the community would not be fooled, but some would be. I

was also annoyed that she was accompanied to court by her father on one of the days.

It could be that he was there only to support his daughter, but it could be seen as

supporting SG; influential when fathers have notoriously high standards over who their

daughters get involved with.

RSBM

I wonder if he mentioned that he would then make her cover her beauty, tightly tie back her hair, make her stay home, isolate her away from everyone, strip her of her confidence ..... ?

Makes me wonder if he still managed to have a beautiful woman on his arm, even when he endlessly left Lisa behind at home.

Won't be any beautiful women where SG is going - just a bunch of lonely, sweaty men. :floorlaugh:

Only days now till he's hanging out with all those other 'real men' .............. :smiliescale:

I guess we can only hope that it will be a guilty verdict and, if it is, one would expect the penalty to be the maximum in all respects, given that there won't be much 'time already served' to be deducted AND the total lack of taking any sort of responsibility (no remorse) and the horrifying nature of how LH met her death. IMO - These factors should add weight to a sentence if found guilty.

:jail:

What an excrutiating wait for LH's family and friends, particularly her mother. I can't imagine what the past (almost) 2.5 years have been like for her having to deal with the death of her child, knowing what she knows and then having to dig deep to hold herself up and fight for justice. Fingers crossed. :please:

Judejudy, I was wondering that too. If SG is found guilty and has therefore lied, shown no remorse or taken any responsibility, does this get factored in to the sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288