Australia - Luke Batty, 11, killed by dad at Tyabb sports oval, 12 Feb 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Strangeworld, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Active Member

OMG! This is horrendous. The boy was only 11!! I want to know who this animal is that would beat a boy of 11 to death. :stormingmad:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ts-oval-in-tyabb/story-fni0fee2-1226825088945

POLICE have shot a man after he reportedly beat a boy to death at a sports oval in Melbourne’s southeast tonight.

Emergency services were called to the oval on Frankston-Flinders Rd in Tyabb about 6.30pm.

Paramedics frantically tried to revive the 11-year-old boy, but he died at the scene from horrific head injuries.

His attacker sustained gunshot wounds to the chest and was flown to The Alfred hospital in a serious condition.

Witnesses told the Herald Sun when officers arrived, the man turned on them with a knife, forcing them to shoot him.

2. Loading...

3. Strangeworld

It's coming up in google search that the man (father?) used a cricket bat!! Just searching for an article to include MSM quote. Oh my god, I am feeling sick right now.

4. Strangeworld

This is what shows under the Australian article when searching google:

Sky News Australia

Police shoot boy's attacker at sports oval

The Australian ‎- 1 hour ago

Police shoot boy's attacker at sports oval in Tyabb ... after he reportedly beat a boy to death with a cricket bat at a sports oval in Melbourne's southeast tonight.

But this is the article and I can't see the reference to the bat. Maybe they are reconfirming?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ts-oval-in-tyabb/story-e6frg6n6-1226825088945

5. Strangeworld

http://vicpolicenews.com.au/news/27...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Emergency services remain at the scene of a police shooting Tyabb that occurred earlier this evening.

Emergency services were called to attend the oval on Frankston-Flinders Road around 6.30pm after a boy sustained head injuries.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene but has died.

A confrontation with a man aged in his 50s then took place and the man was shot in the upper body.

The exact circumstances surrounding the incidents are yet to be established.

A number of police units are on scene including local police, local detectives and the Homicide Squad.

The investigation into the incident will be oversighted by Professional Standards Command.

6. Strangeworld

Angus Ledwidge ‏@angusleddo · 1m (Producer for Nine News @9newsmelb)
    Police will speak soon at #Tyabb crime scene #9News

7. Strangeworld

Angus Ledwidge ‏@angusleddo · 59m
    Junior cricket side was training at sports oval in #Tyabb when the attack happened @9newsmelb #9news

Seb Costello ‏@SebCostello9 · 2h
    Unconfirmed reports of the circumstances of the #TYABB shooting are just horrible. Will wait for police to speak before we share them.

8. Strangeworld

Dean Felton ‏@DeanFelton7 · 2m (Journalist, 7 News Melbourne)
    Witnesses leaving #Tyabb scene decline comment, instructed by police not to talk to media. @7NewsMelbourne pic.twitter.com/wmm7zEqbCr

Dean Felton ‏@DeanFelton7 · 1h
    Asst Commissioner/s on way to #Tyabb after police shoot man flwng fatal attack on young boy.@7NewsMelbourne pic.twitter.com/naqy01wrqf

9. Strangeworld

Yasmin Paton ‏@yaspaton · 1m (Journalist: Ten Eyewitness News)
    Police will hold press conference in 10 min about police shooting in Tyabb this evening. A boy has also died @tennewsmelb

10. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz New Member

What is happening in Melbourne? In all my years here I have never seen so many senseless deaths. I live in the south east where this has happened, Last week it was the women murdered in her yard just down the road from me. Today at my local shops I came out to my car only to see a drug deal going down.

This man has been shot. I hope these policemen are treated fairly and don't have to go through all the scrutiny that other cases have done. R.I.P. to the young boy. So Sad.

11. Strangeworld

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 1m (Reporter, Network Ten)
    It's confirmed the man who was shot by police is the father if the dead 12yo boy

Oh dear God....

12. Strangeworld

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 3m
    Victoria Police have described the scene where a 12yo Tyabb boy died horrific and violent pic.twitter.com/E8Tjvu8IMD

13. Strangeworld

Angus Ledwidge ‏@angusleddo · 1m
    @VictoriaPolice confirm a 12 yo boy was killed at #Tyabb sports oval. Officers shot the boy's father after arriving at the scene #9news

14. Strangeworld

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 1m
    The boys mother was in the vicinity of the #tyabb cricket ground when her son was killed

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 54s
    She's being comforted by family and friends #tyabb

15. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Paramedics frantically tried to revive the 12-year-old boy, but he died at the scene from horrific head injuries.

The boy’s dad sustained gunshot wounds to the chest and was flown to The Alfred hospital in a serious condition

Witnesses told the Herald Sun when officers arrived, the dad turned on them with a knife, forcing them to shoot him.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ts-oval-in-tyabb/story-fnii5smp-1226825088945

16. enzeder

enzeder New Member

17. enzeder

enzeder New Member

18. enzeder

enzeder New Member

19. Strangeworld

Mark Doman ‏@MarkDoman · 1m (@abcnews journalist in Melbourne)
    Officer Doug Freyer says he doesn't know how the mother of the 12yo killed at Tyabb will be able to cope.

20. enzeder

enzeder New Member

Facebook: Mornington Peninsula News Group
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...77.51192.118804861503745&type=1&stream_ref=10

21. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz New Member

My God, what is wrong with the father? Drunk, Drugs, family dispute? Psychiatric problems?

How could someone beat someone so visciously that they kill them? That takes some doing.
    The poor mother must be beside herelf. We will just have to wait for more information to come out.