Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more I am of the opinion Chris Dawson killed Lynne accidentally - probably in a fit of rage. I think he has probably lashed out at her, like he had so many times before and for whatever reason things have ended very badly. Perhaps the 'lovely drink' he had just made her was a factor?

Anyway, I think as a result of Chris lashing out, Lynne has fallen and banged her head on the floor or against a solid structure, and it has proven fatal.

I know there are many things pointing to a more premeditated act, and I am in no way sympathizing with Chris, because I think his next act was probably to call Paul and, either receive advise about, or perhaps assistance in, disposing of Lynne's body.

Does anyone else see the above scenario as likely, plausible?

Nope, there wasn't a hope in hell that Chris accidentally injured Lyn. That would mean Joanne had no place to return to and the thought of Joanne enjoying herself with a group of people her own age was too much for him to bare. He urgently needed a sitter as well.

AA6uubQ.img

Chris Dawson in court accused of murder

28 mins ago
Chris Dawson is expected to apply for bail after he was charged with the alleged murder of his wife Sydney mother-of-two Lynette Dawson almost 40 years ago.

The 70-year-old former rugby league player, who intends to plead not guilty, faced Sydney Central Local Court via video link on December 6 charged with the murder of his wife on Sydney's northern beaches in early 1982.
His lawyer, Greg Walsh, said at the time he "strenuously asserts his innocence" and that Dawson was "anxious and stressed about the situation" and planned to plead not guilty.

Dawson is due to face the same court on Friday.

*Edit to clarify: if the punch wasn't an accident, the natural consequence wasn't an accident either.

No argument there. If you hit someone and the result is far worse than you expected it doesn't make it any better.

I still class Chris Dawson (allegedly anyway) as a murderer whether it was a premeditated act or otherwise.

In any case, team Dawson have pushed too far and for too long with 'Lynne ran away' to now turn around and plead manslaughter.

I just have a mental picture of Chris Dawson being wheeled into the court connected to an oxygen cylinder ala Chris Skase or pretending to have lost his marbles ala Alan Bond. Stand by for the theatrics.

Was just thinking the same thing...very quiet....

One of the articles I read said that it was expected to be a fairly long bail hearing, due to the strongly opposing positions of the defence and the prosecution. Shame the journos don't seem to be able to tweet about the ongoing proceedings.

I just have a mental picture of Chris Dawson being wheeled into the court connected to an oxygen cylinder ala Chris Skase or pretending to have lost his marbles ala Alan Bond. Stand by for the theatrics.
I've been envisioning him at some stage saying, "But sir, I'm not Chris, I'm Paul." Meanwhile . . . the other twin has absconded.

Sure he does......

Letisha Marambio‏ @LetishaMarambio 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: Chris Dawson's lawyer makes bail application - offers $1.5 million as surety - Dawson wants to live in Coolum Queensland where "he’ll be under the close watch of his family" barrister Greg Walsh says @10NewsFirstSyd @10NewsFirstQLD

In other words, "I don't want my life to change at all while I am waiting for my trial for Lyn's murder".
Even though he has had almost 40 years of freedom, when he may not have deserved any of that at all.

Kelly Fedor‏Verified account @KellyFedor 45s45 seconds ago
"You're kidding" says an aggravated Chris #Dawson as the crown suggests he could use his twin brother's passport if on bail. @9NewsSyd

Magistrate told him to keep quiet ...
rolling-smiley.gif

Letisha Marambio‏ @LetishaMarambio 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Dawson scoffs and says "you're kidding" as Crown tells the court he's a flight risk because he could easily use his identical twin brothers passport to flee the country if given bail. Magistrate tells him it's best if he keeps quite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken