Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
guessing she is going for maximum exposure while its still a red hot news item but I would rather read a book about joanne AFTER the conviction not before.
for legal reasons there will be dancing around stuff while ever he hadn't been charged, so whats the point of now???other than a money grab o_O
and more incriminating exposure to dawson that he will use as defence of the 'witchhunt extravaganza'

imo

Unsure if this has been mentioned, as I'm still catching up on thread 1. Something that stood out to me after listening to one of Shanelle's interviews was the tunnel in the lantana that she used to go to and only come back from when called. To me, this tunnel could have been human made, a temporary holding area of sorts? Wonder if this area has been identified?

A far more interesting read (which in reality will be from Joanne’s perspective), would include the upcoming court case. The new evidence provided. The family and friends reactions and interactions during the proceedings and after the conviction.

Although it will be interesting to read Joanne’s thoughts on her relationships with Lyn’s girls and Chris during the marriage and nowadays, the book IMO would be better written a year or two down the track. Unless of course Rebecca intends on doing a second book.

As you say K-Mac money may be the key factor in the timing of the release

Unsure if this has been mentioned, as I'm still catching up on thread 1. Something that stood out to me after listening to one of Shanelle's interviews was the tunnel in the lantana that she used to go to and only come back from when called. To me, this tunnel could have been human made, a temporary holding area of sorts? Wonder if this area has been identified?
Hi Kailee, welcome to the thread. New comers and input are welcome and appreciated. This one hasn't been mentioned. Am interested in the interview. Do you know if this was on 60 minutes or another source?

If the tunnel was at the house in Bayview, it has already been searched or possibly deconstructed. If it was outside it certainly would be interesting to know where it was.

Not sure what to think about the timing of the release of Rebecca's book? Plainly it has been in the writing for some time and Rebecca wouldn't have foreseen the arrest any more than anyone else would have.

If her work is complete it makes commercial sense to get the book out there on the shelves, but legally I'm not sure what the potential ramifications might be? We already know team Dawson will be claiming it isn't possible for Chris to get a fair hearing because of the public awareness of the case.

It's an oldie, but a goodie.... sometimes it works … god alone knows how many times that story has taken wing and flew for a mans lifetime.

But then, there are the ones who crash and burn, sometimes before they've had time to change their jacket.

The Dawsons must have been glued to the TV about Baden-Clay, right the way thru to his life without parole imprisonment, like shadow of a huge hawk steering overhead.
Gerard's infamous plea to someone to return his wife, while his eyes were glued to the reporters cleavage , a classic of it's genre, must have made Los Trios Dawson draw a collective sigh of horror.....

( a timely reminder --
)

Please give prior gerbil warning so I can protect my eyes.
There goes my Christmas lunch.
090FACFF-4379-4715-B6C4-F1515616DDB3.jpeg
Disgusting lot they were.

Hi Kailee, welcome to the thread. New comers and input are welcome and appreciated. This one hasn't been mentioned. Am interested in the interview. Do you know if this was on 60 minutes or another source?

If the tunnel was at the house in Bayview, it has already been searched or possibly deconstructed. If it was outside it certainly would be interesting to know where it was.

It's in the podcast, 'Damaged' 1hr 13min mark. The hiding place was in the bush at Bayview.

I have been wondering whether CD has every thought of committing suicide and found this:

In his last lengthy media interview Dawson told a reporter in 2003 the case had driven him to contemplate suicide but decided killing himself would make him look guilty.

Also
There is a $200,000 reward for anyone who has information which leads to the arrest and conviction of Lyn Dawson's killer.

I think Hedley and/or Joanne could be entitled to this $200,000. What do you think?

Inside the sordid relationship between Chris Dawson and his teen lover Joanne Curtis | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
An article from the Australian pre-arrest re Dawson family reunion. Answers a question people had earlier.
Nocookies

The Dawson’s cousin Judy Brown talks about the family reunion.

"In the interview, Ms Brown said she and other family members had discussed Mr Dawson bringing home the teenager.

Ms Brown said she recalled the wives of Mr Dawson’s brothers Peter and Paul talking about one of the visits.

“I do remember Marilyn and Peter’s then wife Lynelle talking together and I was there and I remember Marilyn saying to Lynelle ‘you know Chris has had Joanne at home sitting on his lap while Lyn is there’,” Ms Brown said.

“(Marilyn) … was shocked that Chris would do that.

“You know she just thought it wasn’t right that Chris had taken Joanne home.

“And then also you know did that in front of Lyn, had her sitting on his lap in front of Lyn”

Ms Brown said: “She (Lyn) was such a loving mother and absolutely adored those kids and she was very close to her mother as well.”

I have been wondering whether CD has every thought of committing suicide and found this:

In his last lengthy media interview Dawson told a reporter in 2003 the case had driven him to contemplate suicide but decided killing himself would make him look guilty.

Also
There is a $200,000 reward for anyone who has information which leads to the arrest and conviction of Lyn Dawson's killer.

I think Hedley and/or Joanne could be entitled to this $200,000. What do you think?

Inside the sordid relationship between Chris Dawson and his teen lover Joanne Curtis | Daily Mail Online

Without Hedley's investigation and his podcasts Chris Dawson would not be facing trial, that much goes without saying.

As far as Joanne goes, I guess we won't know what she had/has to offer until the trial.

Without Hedley's investigation and his podcasts Chris Dawson would not be facing trial, that much goes without saying.

As far as Joanne goes, I guess we won't know what she had/has to offer until the trial.
We do know a lot of what she has to offer and so does the defence. As Chris did not attend the first and second Coronial Inquest and Joanne provided evidence for both of those inquests, they would have the transcripts and know what Joanne has said. I am sure Peter has been collecting any possible information to dispute what has been said in the inquests, particularly since at the time both of them recommended that a "Known Person" be charged with Lynette Dawson's murder. Defence documentation would have commenced then, if not before..

We do know a lot of what she has to offer and so does the defence. As Chris did not attend the first and second Coronial Inquest and Joanne provided evidence for both of those inquests, they would have the transcripts and know what Joanne has said. I am sure Peter has been collecting any possible information to dispute what has been said in the inquests, particularly since at the time both of them recommended that a "Known Person" be charged with Lynette Dawson's murder. Defence documentation would have commenced then, if not before..

Did Joanne visit the Police the day after the recent unsuccessful dig just to reacquaint? I think not.

Chris Dawson's schoolgirl lover Joanne Curtis emerges days after he is charged with murdering Lyn | Daily Mail Online

im just as curious about joanne as the next person but gee following her to the supermarket?? photographing her at the checkout??
describing the colour of her shopping bags??
following her into her home premises?
:confused:
stay strong joanne, it will be worth it x

It’s no wonder these people with potentially crucial information decide not to come forward. This stalking of an innocent family member is not acceptable. I commend Joanne on her commitment to convey further evidence to the police

An article from the Australian pre-arrest re Dawson family reunion. Answers a question people had earlier.
Nocookies

"In the interview, Ms Brown said she and other family members had discussed Mr Dawson bringing home the teenager.

Ms Brown said she recalled the wives of Mr Dawson’s brothers Peter and Paul talking about one of the visits.

“I do remember Marilyn and Peter’s then wife Lynelle talking together and I was there and I remember Marilyn saying to Lynelle ‘you know Chris has had Joanne at home sitting on his lap while Lyn is there’,” Ms Brown said.

“And then also you know did that in front of Lyn, had her sitting on his lap in front of Lyn”

Ms Brown said: “She (Lyn) was such a loving mother and absolutely adored those kids and she was very close to her mother as well.”
Is Marilyn simply submissive or is she frightened of her husband? both?
standing by your man is one thing, being nationally humiliated by him and his sexual conquests....including his sister in law threesome with his brother. nicee!
protecting a BIL that deep down you don't approve.

big price Marilyn has paid for 'fighting for her man" (her words referring to lyn joanne and chris situation.) keeping the façade up would be getting harder and harder.

imo

Is Marilyn simply submissive or is she frightened of her husband? both?
standing by your man is one thing, being nationally humiliated by him and his sexual conquests....including his sister in law threesome with his brother. nicee!
protecting a BIL that deep down you don't approve.

big price Marilyn has paid for 'fighting for her man" (her words referring to lyn joanne and chris situation.) keeping the façade up would be getting harder and harder.

imo

she isn't ' 'woke', yet. A lifetime habituated to being agreeable and compliant doesn't leave a lot of room for discretionary judgement.

I am convinced that Marilyn was an eager accomplice, setting off to Mona Vale to 'hang paper' in Lynn's name after she was dead, or , as Marilyn would have it, 'left'... gimme a break , Marilyn.

Nocookies

I wonder if Lynelle Dawson (Peter's first wife) will be interviewed or will be a witness at the trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam