Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Andrew told the court that Ms Dawson had told her about a time she came home from work early and caught Mr Dawson and the babysitter in bed together.

"She said, 'I'm sure she just wasn't feeling well and he was looking after her'," Ms Andrew said.

If you found out or followed the Lynette Dawson investigation through The Teacher's Pet podcast, Hedley Thomas and The Australian are reporting on Chris Dawson's murder trial with The Teacher's Trial podcast. You can get it free on any platform. Just google it.

Heard in the first episode of 'The Teacher's Trial' podcast that although the judge, who will also play jury in this case, seems to be chomping at the bit to get things moving, he is also likely to reserve his judgement at the conclusion - perhaps for months.

Lynette Dawson’s sister has choked back tears in court recalling a conversation in 1981 during which she says the alleged murder victim told her Chris Dawson had left the family and instructed her not to paint “too dark a picture” of him.

Ms Jenkins in her evidence became emotional, but declined a break in proceedings, when recalling a conversation with her sister a day or two before Christmas 1981 in which she was told that Dawson had left the family.

The witness said Ms Dawson told her she came home to find a note on the bed from Dawson that said: “Don’t paint too dark a picture of me to the girls”.

She said her sister told her Dawson’s clothes and pillow were gone and that “she didn’t know if Chris was coming home again or not”, causing her to be upset.

Ms Dawson told her she later said to the girls their father had gone on a short holiday and gave each of them a kiss and said it was from him, Ms Jenkins told the court.

Lynette Dawson’s sister has choked back tears in court recalling a conversation in 1981 during which she says the alleged murder victim told her Chris Dawson had left the family and instructed her not to paint “too dark a picture” of him.

Ms Jenkins in her evidence became emotional, but declined a break in proceedings, when recalling a conversation with her sister a day or two before Christmas 1981 in which she was told that Dawson had left the family.

The witness said Ms Dawson told her she came home to find a note on the bed from Dawson that said: “Don’t paint too dark a picture of me to the girls”.

She said her sister told her Dawson’s clothes and pillow were gone and that “she didn’t know if Chris was coming home again or not”, causing her to be upset.

Ms Dawson told her she later said to the girls their father had gone on a short holiday and gave each of them a kiss and said it was from him, Ms Jenkins told the court.
<modsnip: Name calling is not allowed>

What on earth did a KIND INTELLIGIENT beautiful woman like Lynette see in him???

she paid the ultimate price for loving and forgiving a cruel heartless fool.

Lynette was so far out of his league yet he likely to this day doesn't see it.
THAT makes me really angry.
But it is comforting to know that EVERYONE else knows it.

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
It is searing to read these details of Lynn's last days. This is the premise I am sticking by, that those days were her last days. Days and nights of agony and heartbreak and fear, most likely, of that particular sort when one has a roving husband. Fear of them coming home and fear of them leaving home. Terrible. How weak he was then, and is now.

'Don't paint too dark a picture of me'. Even then he was expecting Lynn to do all the loving in the family, do all his PR work with his kids, do all the parenting. Lazy in everything, even in constructing a half decent story to explain away Lynn's absence, he chose the usual, the banal, the dreary. ... the laziness shines thru. And how thoroughly nasty he was to pick Christmas as his exit point.

Such a nice man :mad:

The court was also read excerpt from the diary of Lynette’s mother Helena Simms.

In an entry from January 6, 1981, Ms Simms recounted a Christmas party at her house attended by Mr and Ms Dawson.

The court heard that the entry read: “Chris said again ‘I only want to look after my two little girls!’ I said ‘what about Lyn?’ He said ‘she’s in the kitchen where she belongs!!’.”

Hopefully the above shortcut to an article from 2018 still works.

Joanne's comments in that article about what Chris got up to, but even more so brother Paul, make your skin crawl and make you so thankful you didn't have a daughter attending those schools at that time.

Hopefully the above shortcut to an article from 2018 still works.

Joanne's comments in that article about what Chris got up to, but even more so brother Paul, make your skin crawl and make you so thankful you didn't have a daughter attending those schools at that time.
As fathers of 6 daughters between them, I wonder how they would‘ve reacted if their 16 year old daughters received the same treatment from teachers.

Chris Dawson's former mistress has told a murder trial the former rugby league player used to give his wife alcoholic drinks so she would sleep while he cheated on her.

She today told the court Mr Dawson used to call his wife "fatso"

Chris Dawson's former mistress has told a murder trial the former rugby league player used to give his wife alcoholic drinks so she would sleep while he cheated on her.

She today told the court Mr Dawson used to call his wife "fatso"
The terminology of articles such as this are mistress. I know you are quoting the article.

"Today, Mr Dawson's murder trial heard evidence from the teenage babysitter he was having an affair with before his wife Lynette vanished from their Sydney home 40 years ago."

JC was also a victim here. She is not being identified because she was 16. An affair indicates there is equality.

The evidence given shows what he thinks of himself.

"The court was shown love notes the prosecution say Mr Dawson left in the woman's school backpack, including a card signed, "Love Always, God"."

It is surely a reflection on Australia that a 16 yr old student under the spell of a 34yr old teacher can be referred to as a 'mistress'. This is 1950's talk , I sent off a complaint to the Press Council about it, no doubt it will be sniggered about in the office around the water cooler, but really. One would think, having had Grace Tame really shove this concept backwards on the guilty party,for a whole year and longer now, that this would be a non starter to use this labelling.

Chris was a practised groomer, the evidence of that lies exposed in JC"s testimony.

Of course, once I pressed send, I realised that the AU Govt bestowed an AO on Bettina Arnt for running a whole program with Grace's abuser, who had all the freedom in the world to claim he was an object of jealousy, because of his capacity to use these young girls in his class .. ..so no doubt the sniggering will become loud laughter. Sometimes I loathe how things are in Australia. I'm allowed to say that, too.

So when I look at where Chris Dawson is coming from, and Paul, too, ... they are now looking back at social boundaries that were completely underground, but Chris will be judged on the social contracts of today. Which are, although miniscule in changed outlooks, there is the slight twinge of the unacceptable , and even then, when Chris and Paul were teachers, that situation (abuse )would have been a matter of ending a teaching contract.

It still surprises me, that they both retained their careers , although they moved to another state, and into the Catholic School System, which , considering all things, must have had a different outlook on this kind of thing. Someone had clout to get them out of NSW and into QLD schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling