Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think there needs to be evidence that she actually did run away, not just that her circumstances were such that a normal person might be expected to run away. We've already seen that L.D. put up with extraordinary things, including finding the babysitter in bed with her husband, and rather than react by distancing herself, she excused them away. And besides, why run away into total oblivion, when she had two little daughters to love?
The defence won't need to provide evidence that Lyn actually did run away, though that would be helpful.

Remembering, Chris doesn't need to prove his innocence....he's already afforded that.

Therefore, it will be up to the Crown to prove that Lyn didn't run away. Certainly her two daughters will be a large part of the Crown's argument to that.

You make some great points there @musicaljoke especially the extraordinary things that Lyn put up with but still showing forgiveness!

The defence won't need to provide evidence that Lyn actually did run away, though that would be helpful.

Remembering, Chris doesn't need to prove his innocence....he's already afforded that.

Therefore, it will be up to the Crown to prove that Lyn didn't run away. Certainly her two daughters will be a large part of the Crown's argument to that.

You make some great points there @musicaljoke especially the extraordinary things that Lyn put up with but still showing forgiveness!
The only barrier to Chris's defence, Chris given the benefit of doubt is the one thing that he, his brothers, his entire family, about 1/2 Rugby team of oldies, various gullible by standers have been at great pains to dispel.

As things stand, Chris is , without any adjudication of the quality and veracity of witnesses to this, is the last person on earth to see Lynn alive. He drove her to the bus stop for her to 'go shopping'. Now, he has tried it on that Lynn rang him at the pool he was at doing life saving duties, but that is in the area of could be , could be not.

There has been a trickle of dubious folks giving tongue to the idea of Lynn appearing before them, from memory, one was in a hospital, ( Lynn had trained as a nurse ) but no idea of the date, or the month, or the year.

Another , a very elderly lady, said she saw Lynn at the newsagents, but did not say hello.

Another said, he thought he saw Lynn on a bus train? Taxi? , sometime. Didn't speak with her.

Chris says she rang long distance to the pool that day, and also, and this one is in the realm of weird, that he saw her on a televised broadcast of a soccer match in England she was in the crowd...

So far, this trial, these previous witnesses have not appeared, and do not seem to be on the witness list.

The Australian
@australian
·
6m
Former babysitter JC tells Chris Dawson’s murder trial her diamond engagement ring was made from the rings of his missing wife Lynette.
Typical Chris. Always the cheapskate. I trust he didn't pay for it by Bankcard.

I seem to remember in one of the podcasts mention of someone familiar with Lyn's rings noticing the similarity and them thinking 'surely not.'

I have a recollection that a diary entry from Lynns mother was that she was under the impression Lynn left with her rings, and that she was comforted by the fact she could sell them if she needed some money?.....or I watch too many crime documentaries...

I have a recollection that a diary entry from Lynns mother was that she was under the impression Lynn left with her rings, and that she was comforted by the fact she could sell them if she needed some money?.....or I watch too many crime documentaries...
Yes, I recall that. Clearly CD lied to his MIL about the rings.

Today, Annette Leary, who worked with Ms Dawson at the Warriewood Children's Centre in the early 1980s, told the court she had noticed bruises on her colleague's throat just days before she disappeared.

"One day when I came into work, she had bruises on her throat."

The witness told the court she then proceeded to ask Ms Dawson what had happened.

"She said when they went to counselling, [they] got in the lift and Chris had gripped her throat and shook her a little and said, 'if this doesn't work, I'm getting rid of you, I'm only doing this once'."

The witness told the court Ms Dawson didn't believe her husband was being serious.

The Crown then asked the witness if she had seen Ms Dawson after they had had this conversation.

"No, in fact when I came to work — they called me in on the Monday — the director said Lynette hadn't come into work," she said.

"She hadn't rung to say anything, or call in sick."

I don't know why this about the ring surprised me - it does fit with everything else that we know about CD and his personality.
I have always thought, that if.. say... say Lynn really was still alive that Saturday morning, getting ready to go shopping and that's when he murdered her, he would have to take her rings off her dead body. And that is what I believe he did do.

I just can't see him burying her, or burning her body, I am sorry to type this, or drowning her with his possessions on her fingers. He had use to put them to. As JC found out.

I have always thought, that if.. say... say Lynn really was still alive that Saturday morning, getting ready to go shopping and that's when he murdered her, he would have to take her rings off her dead body. And that is what I believe he did do.

I just can't see him burying her, or burning her body, I am sorry to type this, or drowning her with his possessions on her fingers. He had use to put them to. As JC found out.
Did anyone else see her that morning? Because the easiest way to murder her would be while she was drugged asleep, when she probably wasn't wearing her rings.

It's impossible because if she was up during daylight at least the older of the girls would remember it. Lynn was removed from the house and likely killed elsewhere during the night. I used to suspect drowning while drugged in the front swimming pool but if you look at the house photos , that pool is VERY close to the road. There's too much to go wrong.

Another point to ponder - if you want to get someone out of a house , silently while the girls are sleeping , say that person is gagged because she is not drugged with proper medical anaesthetics, you'd likely want a strong man to help you.

I seem to remember in one of the podcasts mention of someone familiar with Lyn's rings noticing the similarity and them thinking 'surely not.'

was that " The Teacher's pet"?

which was banned for broadcast in Australia due to on-going legal trials
just like Underbelly which couldn't be broadcast in victoria .. everyone watched it anyways

The only barrier to Chris's defence, Chris given the benefit of doubt is the one thing that he, his brothers, his entire family, about 1/2 Rugby team of oldies, various gullible by standers have been at great pains to dispel.

As things stand, Chris is , without any adjudication of the quality and veracity of witnesses to this, is the last person on earth to see Lynn alive. He drove her to the bus stop for her to 'go shopping'. Now, he has tried it on that Lynn rang him at the pool he was at doing life saving duties, but that is in the area of could be , could be not.

There has been a trickle of dubious folks giving tongue to the idea of Lynn appearing before them, from memory, one was in a hospital, ( Lynn had trained as a nurse ) but no idea of the date, or the month, or the year.

Another , a very elderly lady, said she saw Lynn at the newsagents, but did not say hello.

Another said, he thought he saw Lynn on a bus train? Taxi? , sometime. Didn't speak with her.

Chris says she rang long distance to the pool that day, and also, and this one is in the realm of weird, that he saw her on a televised broadcast of a soccer match in England she was in the crowd...

So far, this trial, these previous witnesses have not appeared, and do not seem to be on the witness list.
There was also a Brother In Law Ross Hutcheon

Did anyone else see her that morning? Because the easiest way to murder her would be while she was drugged asleep, when she probably wasn't wearing her rings.
Chris said he dropped her off at a bus stop in Mona Vale. Then went home and had breakfast with the kids.

I think from memory the time police believe she went missing was sometime between 8 or 9pm the previous evening and 8am on the Saturday after she was on the phone to her mum.

No one other than Chris has spoken to her since. Despite people "seeing" her.

I'm thinking similarly and wonder if Chris actually poisoned Lyn that evening, rather than just spiked her drink or drugged her.

My wife is of the opinion a 3rd party was involved too.

With the above in mind, you could come up with a scenario where Chris has organized a 3rd party to arrive at the Dawson home sometime between 9pm and 8am (probably early morning) to pick up an already poisoned Lyn and dispose of her under little pressure and in a manner where her body would never be found.

(apologies for the morbid nature of the above but it is highly plausible IMO)

Chris said he dropped her off at a bus stop in Mona Vale. Then went home and had breakfast with the kids.

I think from memory the time police believe she went missing was sometime between 8 or 9pm the previous evening and 8am on the Saturday after she was on the phone to her mum.

No one other than Chris has spoken to her since. Despite people "seeing" her.
So the bus stop story explains to the kids why their mother isn't there and where Chris has been in case they missed him.

So the bus stop story explains to the kids why their mother isn't there and where Chris has been in case they missed him.
Was there an explanation for who was looking after the kids while Chris dropped Lyn off at the bus stop?

I know it was the 80s but even then leaving them alone wouldn't have been considered ideal.

I don't think JC was there that night? But I can't remember what was said about that on the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708