Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister-in-law upset by Chris Dawson affair

Giving evidence during Dawson's murder trial in Sydney on Wednesday, Marilyn Dawson said she was unhappy about allowing her brother-in-law and JC to stay at their place on Christmas Day but reluctantly gave them permission.

At the time, she said she knew Chris and Lynette Dawson's marriage was on shaky ground, but felt an obligation to help her brother-in-law who had just returned from an aborted trip north with his former high school student JC.

"I felt torn between helping Chris and trying to help Lyn and Chris' family. His parents probably didn't know where he was, and I just felt upset that I was in that situation," she told the NSW Supreme Court.
poor marilyn...how terribly inconvenient.

and from the same above link....

Asked by Mr Dawson’s solicitor Greg Walsh if she believed Chris Dawson could have killed Lynette, Marilyn said: “No.”

“I think he’s an upstanding citizen who works hard, lives well, is very kind to his family and is respectful,” she said.

I get the distinct impression Hedley Thomas did a better and more thorough investigation than the police did. I also doubt Chris Dawson would ever have gone to trial if it wasn't for Hedley's efforts in assembling more evidence, even if most/all of it is circumstantial.

Possibly. Perhaps too, JC wasn't ready to testify against CD at that time. Without her testimony, would there still be enough evidence?

Please excuse this random post and my slow mind! It just occured to me...

.... if you are to believe CD's story...

... that not only did Lyn (in the process of running away) use the person whom she was running away from to help her run away ...

....but also...

....in calling the baths that afternoon to let CD know that she needed some time to herself, she was apparently comfortable to have the person she was running away from pass on her version for running away to her mother! Never even sending a letter to her mum and dad to explain her version of the events yet over the following weeks still communicating with CD and again, apparently comfortable with him passing on her version of the events to everyone that cared for her.

Lyn is described as being an intelligent woman by her family, friends, peers and even CD!....thus revealing a big gaping hole in the CD (and fellow conspirators') story!!!

Yes "Bats" its just such a lame and superbly outrageous suggestion CD wants us all to believe. He has been living the life for all these years feeling as happy as a pig in mud that he just went on with life how he chose. I feel so sorry for his daughters that they have this as their story about their parents. MOO

I'd forgotten how Cowdery was involved. Thanks for that reminder , Cliff. So, it can be brought into court again, on the grounds that she was murdered, by someone she knew, but that also means it can be done all over again say, if , IF Dawson gets off. She still remains a murdered person, by someone no one knows at this point.

Odd how Cowdery declined twice, yet after all those years passing, when evidence becomes less defined, peoples memories fade, there is now enough evidence to proceed with a murder trial.
The first inquest was run without witnesses and one of the reasons that it was not approved for trial was the witnesses had not been cross examined.

At the 2nd inquest there was about 20 witnesses from memory. A lot of information from JC has not changed since her first testimony. The decision was still the same. Lets not forget Lloyd Babb here.

There are a couple of pictures here from the 2003 inquest.

Imagine not wanting paintings of your beautiful children! What a loving father - not. Of course, he may well have been skint, if he had just made a huge payment to someone to "rearrange" his family.

The daily mail has the pictures so beautiful what a talented artist.

I hope they release snippets of Marilyn's interview from 1999 online because she really wasn't as confident as her "never" statement in the 1999 interview.

"Last month, JC, who went on to become Chris' second wife in 1984, testified that he had arranged for Marilyn to forge Lynette Dawson's signature on life-insurance paperwork after she disappeared.

In a 1999 police interview, Marilyn admitted it was possible she had signed a document, but in the witness box she denied it.

"How many times, if ever, has Chris Dawson asked you to sign something?" Crown prosecutor Craig Everson SC asked today in court.

"Never," she responded. "

Asked by Mr Dawson’s solicitor Greg Walsh if she believed Chris Dawson could have killed Lynette, Marilyn said: “No.”

“I think he’s an upstanding citizen who works hard, lives well, is very kind to his family and is respectful,” she said.
Yes, so upstanding, kind and respectful to his family that 3 wives have left him, one way or another.

Here is a channel 10 news article from 2011. Another attempt to get the case to the DPP.

At 1.14 is the response letter back from the DPP.

Haven't see the cardigan at all in the evidence. I wonder if any of the searches will be mentioned in the trial.

Chris Dawson’s twin says Lynette Dawson was “looking forward” to her future with her husband and “very positive” about the state of her marriage days before she disappeared.

Paul Dawson on Wednesday took the stand in Chris Dawson’s Supreme Court murder trial.
I am stunned both Paul & Marilyn Dawson have taken the witness box - albeit via video link.

What I'm not surprised by is that they are both following the pro-Chris narrative.

Marilyn's attitude towards Lyn and Lyn's marriage is just atrocious.

The daily mail has the pictures so beautiful what a talented artist.

I hope they release snippets of Marilyn's interview from 1999 online because she really wasn't as confident as her "never" statement in the 1999 interview.

"Last month, JC, who went on to become Chris' second wife in 1984, testified that he had arranged for Marilyn to forge Lynette Dawson's signature on life-insurance paperwork after she disappeared.

In a 1999 police interview, Marilyn admitted it was possible she had signed a document, but in the witness box she denied it.

"How many times, if ever, has Chris Dawson asked you to sign something?" Crown prosecutor Craig Everson SC asked today in court.

"Never," she responded. "
boom

caught in a lie.....a kinda biggy

excellent.:cool:

From the Channel 10 news clip: The Cardigan.

The Cardigan was either cut or stabbed up to 16 times - that's concerning and weird that its buried near the pool - I wonder what the explanation for why it was buried there and how it came to be cut up. MOO

One could see this coming. Revenge for blabbing about the Birthday present Chris gave Paul. In case anyone missed it, it was JC, disrobed, wrapped up in a pink ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member