Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today's Update from The Australian :

Chris Dawson’s defence team will say as soon as Monday whether he will give evidence at his trial for the alleged murder of his first wife, Lynette.

In a jury trial, I would be absolutely astonished if Chris Dawson took the stand. But is it more likely he will in a judge only trial, like we have here?
It seems to me that he has to refute the testimony of those who recalled him trying to hire them for his wife's murder. At the very least. He , himself, and not his barrister, but then, that's what a good barrister is paid for, to tell the criminals story in the very best manner tailored to a specific judge.

Does Dawson think he could do a better job than his barrister?.. Baden Clay thought so. Gittany thought so. Sometimes blokes just suddenly want to tell their story. How big is Dawson's ego?... big enough to kill and laugh about it for decades. Big enough to lie to his own children for years. Big enough to take the stand?

Probably!!!! people do the maddest things at the worst time, well documented phenomenon.

Regarding the evidence that has been put forward about CD's character i think the prosecution have won that one.

For CD to openly call his wife 'fatso' and 'fat bi..h' to her face shows the type of character CD is. And that's hardly evidence you'd make up and bring to a murder trial.

MOO

The latest version of the teachers trial is out.

Confirms one witness said she did get an STD call about that time from a female but she couldn't remember whether it was for Paul or Chris because she couldn't tell them apart.

Another girl who worked there kept a diary. She had made notes that day that it was annoying when Chris worked the later shift she didn't get paid.

I still wonder who was watching the girls that day. That would be a good question to ask if Chris takes the stand.

A lot about Pauline David's strong questioning of Damian Loone and Hedley Thomas.

Simon Gittany took the stand in his judge-only trial.
Lloyd Rayney did not take the stand in his judge-only trial.

Gittany lost his murder trial. Rayney won his murder trial.

Ha I remember following that ….what a tool he suggested that because Lisa was a ballerina she just happened to pirouette over the balcony !!!!

I OMG'd! at a pic of the two brothers in what looks like an Ad for David Jones.

I OMG'd! at a pic of the two brothers in what looks like an Ad for David Jones.
You'll notice that the 2 brothers are looking at each other rather than the model and the girl in the picture is looking at Chris but Chris is looking at Paul. (if I have got the twins right).

There are also videos in a CCs ad where the 2 brothers were police officers in.

You'll notice that the 2 brothers are looking at each other rather than the model and the girl in the picture is looking at Chris but Chris is looking at Paul. (if I have got the twins right).

There are also videos in a CCs ad where the 2 brothers were police officers in.

lol I forgot about the cc one!

This morning's update from The Australian :

Chris Dawson's trial for the murder of his wife Lynette enters final stages, with his defence team to announce whether they'll call any witness, including the former teacher.

So, the waiting is nearly over. Will Chris Dawson take the stand? I would be amazed if he does! But I have been amazed before.

This morning's update from The Australian :

Chris Dawson's trial for the murder of his wife Lynette enters final stages, with his defence team to announce whether they'll call any witness, including the former teacher.

So, the waiting is nearly over. Will Chris Dawson take the stand? I would be amazed if he does! But I have been amazed before.

I suppose if he thought that his case was most certainly lost and the only possible chance for saving his hide would be to take the stand, then he might think it's worth the risk.

Witness Paul Cooper is now being cross-examined and he has admitted he’s been to jail “for lots of different things”, including drugs, break & enter, armed robbery & theft. He told the court he didn’t pay for his flights to Sydney to give evidence… “it was paid for by the solicitor”.

The judge has decided to discount much of the 'evidence' that has been heard :

Justice Harrison has dismissed evidence that Dawson sought out someone to get rid of his wife seven years before she vanished.

Robert Silkman's claims that Chris Dawson approached him on a plane to ask if he knew someone who could get rid of Mrs Dawson has also been rejected. As has the testimony of three other witnesses Judith Solomon, KF and Roslyn McLoughlin who claimed they saw Mrs Dawson with black eyes or bruises before she disappeared in January 1982.

Taking into account the above, it is hard seeing the judge accept this Cooper character's claims.

Witness Paul Cooper is now being cross-examined and he has admitted he’s been to jail “for lots of different things”, including drugs, break & enter, armed robbery & theft. He told the court he didn’t pay for his flights to Sydney to give evidence… “it was paid for by the solicitor”.

Yeah/Big Nah! A HUGE clutching at straws!

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member