Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscriber only The judge is asking why didn't she call anyone but Chris.

Also questioning why Lyn could feel optimistic about marriage counselling and then choose to leave home the very next day.

"She may have just concluded that it is just not going to work. And that's not unusual in a sense that her trust had been breached horribly by Christopher Dawson,” Ms David said.

She then says men and women are equally likely to abandon their children. I guess she didn't know Lyn.

She wouldn't have left her precious daughters that she had waited so long for; if she had left, she would have rung her own family members, at the very least her mother; she would definitely have taken some clothes; etc etc etc. IMO, the only other alternative to murder would be that she took her own life. Was that ever considered?

She wouldn't have left her precious daughters that she had waited so long for; if she had left, she would have rung her own family members, at the very least her mother; she would definitely have taken some clothes; etc etc etc. IMO, the only other alternative to murder would be that she took her own life. Was that ever considered?

And not leave a note, not show any kind of contemplation of suicide, and disappear completely never to be found again?

Crown prosecutor Craig Everson SC has zeroed in on the period after Lyn Dawson vanished when her husband Chris was alone and free to dispose of her body.

Mr Dawson “cunningly” arranged for his two girls to be away from the family home in Bayview, on Sydney’s northern beaches, the night after he murdered his wife, Mr Everson alleged.

“The crown contends this engineered window of quiet seclusion gave the accused the opportunity to dispose of a body before he started making his way north to collect JC,” Mr Everson said.

Crown prosecutor Craig Everson SC has zeroed in on the period after Lyn Dawson vanished when her husband Chris was alone and free to dispose of her body.

Mr Dawson “cunningly” arranged for his two girls to be away from the family home in Bayview, on Sydney’s northern beaches, the night after he murdered his wife, Mr Everson alleged.

“The crown contends this engineered window of quiet seclusion gave the accused the opportunity to dispose of a body before he started making his way north to collect JC,” Mr Everson said.

Did we hear where the girls were that night?

Did we hear where the girls were that night?
It was previously said that they left with Helena their grandma, after the Northbridge Baths. Since I suppose they thought Lynette had taken off, grandma offered to take care of the kids.

And, I also suppose, CD was in such great shock that he didn't even go to a pub or see his mates later that day, to drown his sorrow/vent his anger/celebrate his new freedom. After all, he thought she just went shopping and now must be in total disbelief and betrayal. He did not see anyone until he saw JC up north the following day.

That was more than 24 hours later. There was a window of opportunity. He wasn't throwing Lyn's stuff (rubbish) out in a fit of rage either. So what was he doing?

MOO

I am still having difficulty matching the facts to the timeframe. This is my take at present :

Night Before
Chris gives Lyn a drink and her mother Helena (on the phone) says Lyn sounded 'sozzled' or something similar. As far as we know, the two children are in the house that night. The prosecution assert that Chris murdered Lyn that night. I guess with the children asleep, Chris had every opportunity. Particularly if the drink had already subdued Lyn.

Next Day
As far as we know, the two children have spent the night in the house. Chris claims to drop Lyn off at the bus stop. Does Chris claim to have taken the two children in the car with them to the bus stop? Or are they left at home? If they are left at home, is someone looking after them? If so, who? Later Chris goes to the baths and the children head off afterwards with Helena, their grandmother.

Later That Day
This is when the prosecution assert Chris engineered a 'window of quiet seclusion', giving himself the opportunity to dispose of Lyn's body before making his way north to collect JC.

My 2 bobs worth
I still have a feeling Chris did more than spike Lyn's drink. It makes more sense to me that he poisoned her. If he poisoned her, he could have just left her in the house the next morning while he took the kids to the baths. Once the kids were off his hands, he could return home and dispose of the now dead, Lyn.

Chris making Lyn a drink seemed something that wasn't a regular thing.
I doubt that you'd mention that someone made a drink for you if it was something he would do on a regular basis.

I also think there was more in the drink than something that would just make you feel a bit tipsy.

She thought him making the drink was a sign that he still loved her :(

I think she kept her love for Chris right to the end :(

Can anyone tell us what this is about?
It seems to say that the Judge finished for the day 7 minutes early which wasn't regular for him.
It mentions members of the public gallery making noises of disagreement at the way the defence tried to portray Lyn.
It was when the defence mentioned Lyn running away with a cult that the judge announced that court was finished for the day.

Chris making Lyn a drink seemed something that wasn't a regular thing.
I doubt that you'd mention that someone made a drink for you if it was something he would do on a regular basis.

I also think there was more in the drink than something that would just make you feel a bit tipsy.

She thought him making the drink was a sign that he still loved her :(

I think she kept her love for Chris right to the end :(
I'm sure I've heard JC claim Chris would give Lyn a drink at night to get her off to bed early and then go and have sex with JC.

Yes I forgot that when I posted.
Maybe the making a drink thing was still fairly new to her.
Maybe it might have been a working up to a "final" drink.
What do you think of the idea of Chris having poisoned Lyn? To me it makes a lot of sense and I am somewhat surprised the prosecution haven't floated it in court.

Then again, if the prosecution don't get any more specific than they have to about Chris method, perhaps they have more chance of convincing the judge of his guilt?

Prosecution need to be really careful about proposing too many maybe scenarios. They need to pick a likely scenario and stick to it.

I'm not convinced the prosecution have done enough. They've done plenty to show Chris as a guy done with his marriage and moving on to JC, but he's not on trial for that. When it comes to murder they only have scenarios.

What do you think of the idea of Chris having poisoned Lyn? To me it makes a lot of sense and I am somewhat surprised the prosecution haven't floated it in court.

Then again, if the prosecution don't get any more specific than they have to about Chris method, perhaps they have more chance of convincing the judge of his guilt?
Lynn was a trained nurse. As such, I believe she would have been one of those mothers with a fully professional first aid kit. .. ready for anything. There may have been mixtures that had a fair bit of clout, perhaps out of the ordinary home kit, perhaps..

Nothing would surprise me about Dawson. I had thought he might have had to dose himself up to murder Lynn, ... some sort of mind bending drug. Could he just kill , just like that, >?? He convinced himself that Lynn inhabited her own home just to annoy him, and was particularly dense in not vacating the premises at Dawson's bidding... anything is possible, really. People do truly terrible things.

Prosecution need to be really careful about proposing too many maybe scenarios. They need to pick a likely scenario and stick to it.

I'm not convinced the prosecution have done enough. They've done plenty to show Chris as a guy done with his marriage and moving on to JC, but he's not on trial for that. When it comes to murder they only have scenarios.

It will be interesting to hear the judge's reasons. There's no shortage of evidence showing motive and opportunity. I believe there is evidence that "getting rid of Lyn" was a theme in the troubled home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken