Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why CD invited his friend Phillip Day to Northbridge Baths that day? Considering CD was working as a life guard and had to be vigilant, it was not the time for a mates catch-up. But was Phillip unknowingly part of CD’s master plan - Phillip drove Helene back to her home with the girls. And Chris could continue on uninterrupted back at Bayview with other pressing duties!
Phillip Day, who by all reports was a decent man, seems to have been played by Chris Dawson that morning.

Let's not forget the evidence from Helene's diary, of a hateful man:

"A third entry read to the court - a year after Ms Dawson, 33, vanished from Sydney's northern beaches in January of 1982 - said Mr Dawson came to her house to drop off Lynette's belongings in 10 black garbage bags.

"The former Newtown Jets rugby league player and high school teacher was reportedly 'sick' of having the bags in his study and had packed items such as Ms Dawson's gardening gloves, nursing uniform and badge and a garter that she wore on their wedding day, the court heard that an entry read."

more at the link. Haunting diary entries from Lynn Dawson's mother before she vanished
Ironically, Pauline David was driving the narrative of a caring, loving husband who had respectfully left all of Lyn's things in place. When the more accurate account - diarized at the time in fact - is that Chris didn't waste any time dumping Lyn's stuff. Oh, but not before the cheapskate offered JC first pick of them.

So CD's defence are saying she may have died from misadventure at sea.
Hmmm ...was this after all of their alleged sitings...? :rolleyes:
Gosh they're really drawing a long bow!
Harold Holt was at the beach and in rough water when he went missing, so an obvious assumption could be made he drowned. Lyn wasn't at the beach when she was missing. She was either dropped at the bus stop about 3 hours after the bus left or allegedly murdered depends on which way you look at it.

Ironically, Pauline David was driving the narrative of a caring, loving husband who had respectfully left all of Lyn's things in place. When the more accurate account - diarized at the time in fact - is that Chris didn't waste any time dumping Lyn's stuff. Oh, but not before the cheapskate offered JC first pick of them.
It's funny for a caring man who is respectable member of the community, there were no additional witnesses attesting what a wonderful man Chris was. Surely he had some former footy mates (that weren't criminals) or some former school teacher friends (outside of the Insular Peninsula because we know what happens at those schools) that could have been a witness.

Ms David argued that it was not known what happened to Ms Dawson after January 9, 1982.

She said Ms Dawson could have started a new life somewhere else, arguing she could be living in “the outback

News.com

To me this is a strange statement from Ms David. She's basically now stating that all of the alleged sightings of Lyn (which i felt they were relying on), may not be correct.

Without being there to hear the closing statements first hand, the impression I'm getting from the defence's effort is coming across as fairly flimsy and messy.

If Lyn was already dead at her home, which she very well could have been, then CD would be taking a risk that Helene might need Philip to run her over to the house to pick up some things for the kids.
It is a 40 kilometre trip to Clovelly from Bayview. I seem to remember hearing that dropping them off in Clovelly was out of Phillip's way. I am assuming Helena had spare clothes there for the kids. It hasn't been said when he picked the kids up though. Did he collect them after he picked JC up?

This was how Harold Holt had found his way to this court:

Acknowledging Lynette’s body had never been found, Justice Ian Harrison said, “you can’t dispose of your own body after you’ve taken your own life”.

David said that was “depending on how you do it”, and also raised that Harold Holt had disappeared at sea.
Harold Holt’s disappearance raised at Chris Dawson’s murder trial

Curious logic - Harold Holt took his own life too?

Acknowledging Lynette’s body had never been found, Justice Ian Harrison said, “you can’t dispose of your own body after you’ve taken your own life”.

David said that was “depending on how you do it”, and also raised that Harold Holt had disappeared at sea.

Curious logic #2 (from same link as above)

David acknowledged that a “curious aspect” of the case was the drawers of the home being “stuffed with clothes”, and if Dawson had the capacity to kill his wife and dispose of her body, it seemed “nonsensical” to leave her clothes intact and not pack a suitcase to make it look like she left.

“He is an open, we say, honest man that has left everything exactly as it is.”

David acknowledged that a “curious aspect” of the case was the drawers of the home being “stuffed with clothes”, and if Dawson had the capacity to kill his wife and dispose of her body, it seemed “nonsensical” to leave her clothes intact and not pack a suitcase to make it look like she left.

Not sure if Pauline David is getting tired, running out of ideas or a combination of both because judge Ian Harrison seems to be treating her suggestions with increasing contempt.

I'm honestly starting to wonder whether a guilty verdict would trigger a poor legal representation appeal from Chris Dawson. I wonder what Greg Walsh thinks of David's performance over the past couple of days?

I'm not sure if it's the judge's point, but it's curious logic to say that Chris didn't kill Lyn because he wouldn't have known how to dispose of a body, whereas Lyn would have known not just how to do a disposal but how to do it while already dead herself. David doesn't seem to address the inconsistency.

Does anyone know if the area of soft soil outside the girls bedrooms (as described by JC) was excavated at the second dig? I know the new owners had had that area concreted in ?87 and then later built on . So I am guessing that they didn't actually dig under that concrete and construction. I still believe that Lyn is there. IMO

Dawson was extremely mean, among his peers, this was a recurring conclusion... short arms and deep pockets, he was not the bloke who shouted a round at the pub. Which is why the clothes remained. Why be put in the position of having to buy Joanne clothes, when there are drawers full of perfectly ironed clobber??

This would not be in any way a matter of Dawson having 'scruples' about it, not at all.

He even made Joannes wedding ring out of Lynns rings.

I recall in the podcast, way back, Joanne was expected to make the girls clothes, Lynn had always done this, as well as her own, and how J was all at sea about it.

"She may have just concluded that it is just not going to work. And that's not unusual in a sense that her trust had been breached horribly by Christopher Dawson,” Ms David said.
sbmff
oh dear.....ms david :eek: :eek:

She described him as an “open and honest man” who left her things exactly as Ms Dawson had.

What do you mean Ms David???
How inthe world could Lynette's trust been breached horribly by MR Dawson if he is an open and honest man?????

talking out both sides ya mouth .....tutt..tutt.

sbmff
oh dear.....ms david :eek: :eek:

She described him as an “open and honest man” who left her things exactly as Ms Dawson had.

What do you mean Ms David???
How inthe world could Lynette's trust been breached horribly by MR Dawson if he is an open and honest man?????

talking out both sides ya mouth .....tutt..tutt.

David has launched a full on Chewacca defence. Never mind what you say, so long as it causes confusion.

When was it that he took the clothes around to her family, how long after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member