Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Pauline David is getting tired, running out of ideas or a combination of both because judge Ian Harrison seems to be treating her suggestions with increasing contempt.

I'm honestly starting to wonder whether a guilty verdict would trigger a poor legal representation appeal from Chris Dawson. I wonder what Greg Walsh thinks of David's performance over the past couple of days?

The poor barrister is doing her best with what she has to work with.

I wonder how many agreed to take him on providing he plead guilty?

The poor barrister is doing her best with what she has to work with.

I wonder how many agreed to take him on providing he plead guilty?
The defence have had nothing of any substance to offer and no witnesses - well not quite true - they had the jailbird who spun the court a nice little story during his Sydney junket.

This left Pauline David with little option other than to attempt a Chewbacca defence and although she might have succeeded in confusing a jury, the judge just isn't buying it and he isn't keeping that a secret either.

The only way Chris Dawson could look and smell worse in this trial is if there was a body.

David is nothing if not consistent :

"Evidence against Chris Dawson used in his murder trial has been tailored by his spurned teenage lover to create further suspicions. We say that JC has over time tailored her evidence to increasingly implicate … or to suggest that Christopher Dawson was a desperate man who pursued her and came racing up to Southwest Rocks to get her."

Wow! Just wow!
It's hard to see how they got together really, she hated him with a passion and he wasn't that interested in her.

The trial has adjourned this afternoon and will resume tomorrow.

I shudder to think what else Pauline David might come out with. Can't wait til tomorrow.
Try this from Pauline David…news.com.au

“It’s not a situation where he moved her in or installed her in his home; out with the old, in with the new. In actual fact, it was seven days,” Ms David said.

Wow, imagine if CD had waited a fortnight? Perhaps David would’ve nominated him for a Knighthood?

P David defense is nonsensical and infuriating. I guess she is being paid big dollars but seriously how can a Judge tolerate the hours of sh**t he has had to sit through. He is asking her for reasons to believe CD didn't murder Lyn and she has nothing to offer . Nothing. Please let the outcome be that Lyn's family find her and give her a dignified resting place that she deserves.

The defence have had nothing of any substance to offer and no witnesses - well not quite true - they had the jailbird who spun the court a nice little story during his Sydney junket.

This left Pauline David with little option other than to attempt a Chewbacca defence and although she might have succeeded in confusing a jury, the judge just isn't buying it and he isn't keeping that a secret either.

The only way Chris Dawson could look and smell worse in this trial is if there was a body.
I thought for a brief second that perhaps Paul Cooper's evidence had a hint to the truth and I read online that he had a Jim Beam and he bought the woman he described as Lyn a glass of wine. As he didn't mention her falling asleep or getting sozzled I realised that maybe his evidence wasn't completely truthful.

The card from Chris to Joanne that really made me wonder was this one. JC's bday is in February in 1981 she would have turned 17, "knowing we will share all birthdays to follow .. forever"

1657186586650.png

The card from Chris to Joanne that really made me wonder was this one. JC's bday is in February in 1981 she would have turned 17, "knowing we will share all birthdays to follow .. forever"

View attachment 353164
Enough to make your skin crawl.

Wife disappears and teenage lover is installed in the house a week later. Is that really any more decent or questionable than a day later?

Try this from Pauline David…news.com.au

“It’s not a situation where he moved her in or installed her in his home; out with the old, in with the new. In actual fact, it was seven days,” Ms David said.

Wow, imagine if CD had waited a fortnight? Perhaps David would’ve nominated him for a Knighthood?
Let's forget the realistic provable 2 days later Joanne moved in.

A WEEK after Lynette vanishes 'absconds' without a trace Joanne moves into the home.

Nothing to see here folks.....what's the big deal. :rolleyes: :oops:

Most parents would be still preconsumed with consoling the toddler children...nobodys feelings or well being mattered. just chris's sexual needs.

View attachment 353164
he is so very cunning.

she isn't named.
more importantly he doesn't name himself.

He knows the consequences of this birthday card.

Gunna bite him very very hard when the inquest into grooming young girls for sex at school begins.

he is so very cunning.

she isn't named.
more importantly he doesn't name himself.

He knows the consequences of this birthday card.

Gunna bite him very very hard when the inquest into grooming young girls for sex at school begins.
I recall a video on msm saying he ‘didn’t have sexual relations with JC until after she turned 17’. (Sorry but I cannot locate it again.) You have good points about the anominity.

I do recall MD not been happy that JC and CD were sleeping together in her home on Christmas morning 1981, when she would have been 16? It will be interesting if MD has to take the stand again. She can hardly change her evidence just to suit CD’s story when these new charges hit the courtroom.

I recall a video on msm saying he ‘didn’t have sexual relations with JC until after she turned 17’. (Sorry but I cannot locate it again.) You have good points about the anominity.

I do recall MD not been happy that JC and CD were sleeping together in her home on Christmas morning 1981, when she would have been 16? It will be interesting if MD has to take the stand again. She can hardly change her evidence just to suit CD’s story when these new charges hit the courtroom.
Following DRT's post and link I am pretty sure she turned 17 in 81. the year before lyn vanished?
But either way.....from the cards detail....CD and JC were deep deep into it on JC 17th bday...the previous febuary.

16 is definitely on the table and mr dawson was definitively into his 30s.
(feb is very early in the school year....so JC and CD must have been fooling around in 1980.)

Let's forget the realistic provable 2 days later Joanne moved in.

A WEEK after Lynette vanishes 'absconds' without a trace Joanne moves into the home.

Nothing to see here folks.....what's the big deal. :rolleyes: :oops:

Most parents would be still preconsumed with consoling the toddler children...nobodys feelings or well being mattered. just chris's sexual needs.
Just quoting my own post as another realisation occurred to me.

As if the 2 days later JC was moved into the home doesn't stink to high heaven enough....

BUT....lets not forget it took him a day to get up to SWR and back to install her 2 days later.

He went to fetch her THE VERY NEXT DAY his wife had vanished.

...this one's been bugging me...

...Somehow Lyn (whilst still communicating with CD after 9/1/1982) was incapable of contacting her own workplace, the child care centre, to tell them she wouldn't coming in for a few days...

... yet CD, with all that was going on..... coordinating JC's return to the pad.... finds it in himself to let Lyn's workplace know she won't be returning....and doing this knowing that Lyn is quite capable of doing this herself...
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Following DRT's post and link I am pretty sure she turned 17 in 81. the year before lyn vanished?
But either way.....from the cards detail....CD and JC were deep deep into it on JC 17th bday...the previous febuary.

16 is definitely on the table and mr dawson was definitively into his 30s.
(feb is very early in the school year....so JC and CD must have been fooling around in 1980.)
Yes correct. She was nearly 18 when Lyn went missing. That was on the podcast. I have seen a statement from her online where she mentions her Date of birth. As this should be private I am not giving exact date.

17 then. Turned 18 in Feb 1982.

17 then. Turned 18 in Feb 1982.
Wonder what year JC left school?

Was JC's January 1982 South West Rocks trip with her school friends a pre-HSC get together or a 'schoolies' celebration of them having completed HSC in 1981?

Did JC move in with Chris Dawson in January 1982 - immediately after Lyn disappeared - while about to attend again the same school Chris taught at?

In her evidence Pauline David conceded 'Chris Dawson was having an affair with JC.' Surely there are future repercussions for Dawson with that statement because JC hadn't turned 18 by the time Lyn disappeared.

Wonder what year JC left school?

Was JC's January 1982 South West Rocks trip with her school friends a pre-HSC get together or a 'schoolies' celebration of them having completed HSC in 1981?

Did JC move in with Chris Dawson in January 1982 - immediately after Lyn disappeared - while about to attend again the same school Chris taught at?

In her evidence Pauline David conceded 'Chris Dawson was having an affair with JC.' Surely there are future repercussions for Dawson with that statement because JC hadn't turned 18 by the time Lyn disappeared.
yes and yes cliff
she did her hsc the year before.
thats how CD got her into the house under lyns nose.
Things were hectic at her little flat with her own family...she would come to bayview to 'babysit and study in peace.'

YEP JC turned 18 weeks after lyn disappeared and she was living full time defacto with CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam