GUILTY Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by butwhatif? moved here for discussion...

I only heard about this case today, because Lynette is a relative to my nephews adopted mother. They are the most amazing family, and hopefully we can help them with some closure. It's trickier to sleuth people and criminal doocuments here in Oz, but I really want to give it our best shot.
I'll start with some links:

After years of waiting Lyn Dawson's family demands action
Quote:
The 34-year-old mother-of-two disappeared on January 9, 1982. Her body has never been found and her family have not heard from her since six days before her disappearance.
Among the claims the inquiries heard were that Mrs Dawsons husband, Chris, who was a teacher at Cromer High School, had attempted to arrange a hit man to kill her and had previously physically assaulted her.
Quote:
Although the DPP has publicly said a lack of evidence was the reason charges were not laid, privately the family had been told the lack of a body and a belief that Lynettes mother saw her after she went missing were factors, according to Mrs Jenkins.
But Lynettes mother, Helena Simms, who died in 2001, never saw or heard from Lynette after January 3, 1982, Mrs Jenkins said. ``We dont know where that came from. The last time my mother spoke to Lyn was on January 3, 1982, she said.
Quote:
Mr Dawsons solicitor, his brother Peter, maintained the Dawson family believed Lynette was not murdered but left of her own will.

Quote:
About 350 people have already signed the petition, which states: ``We, the undersigned, in the interest of justice for Lynette Dawson nee Simms, who disappeared Saturday 9/1/1982, request that the Department of Public Prosecutions re-examine their decision not to proceed with the prosecution against a known person who had committed an indictable offence as found by two State Coroners.
The petition can be found at: gopetition.com.au/online/35813.html

My note: there are now 450 signatures. We need more.

The charming devil and his missing wife
Quote:
"He was just so gorgeous, of course you believed him," Lynette Dawson's aunt, Lee Fletcher, said last week.
"But behind closed doors," said another of Ms Dawson's relatives, "he was a monster, a domineering control freak."

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
IMOO I don't believe PD and MD were away on holiday on the 8th-9th . I think this was staged after Lyn's murder and concealment . I can't find any evidence they were away then except for their word . Also the totally unbelievable story that they arrived back from their holiday ?date, unaware that Lyn was "missing".

IMOO I don't believe PD and MD were away on holiday on the 8th-9th . I think this was staged after Lyn's murder and concealment . I can't find any evidence they were away then except for their word . Also the totally unbelievable story that they arrived back from their holiday ?date, unaware that Lyn was "missing".
I suppose no one checked on their story at the time. The caravan park was not asked to corroborate that alibi. Gee the Dawsons have so much advantage going into this trial. MOO

I suppose no one checked on their story at the time. The caravan park was not asked to corroborate that alibi. Gee the Dawsons have so much advantage going into this trial. MOO
Chris Dawson, with likely help from Paul and perhaps also Peter, played the early days and weeks of Lyn's disappearance cleverly and the advantage that bought him has helped protect him all these years.

That it took Chris 6 to 8 weeks to report Lyn's disappearance is as devious as it was deplorable.

Chris Dawson, with likely help from Paul and perhaps also Peter, played the early days and weeks of Lyn's disappearance cleverly and the advantage that bought him has helped protect him all these years.

That it took Chris 6 to 8 weeks to report Lyn's disappearance is as devious as it was deplorable.
I have a feeling that Lyn may have been transported in a surfboard bag. Who would question a life guard living on the Northern Beaches, heading out in the early morning with his surfboard?
I only hope that Lyn did not suffer and that her spirit is at peace.
Those men have accrued Karma that they will not be able to manipulate their way out of.. it is all a game to them for now..

Listening to Hedley's episode 11, it sounded to me like the judge was hinting to Pauline David that she better hurry up and start giving him reasons why he shouldn't find Dawson guilty.

From what I have heard overall from the trial I am quietly confident justice will prevail.

I have a feeling that Lyn may have been transported in a surfboard bag. Who would question a life guard living on the Northern Beaches, heading out in the early morning with his surfboard?
Those men have accrued Karma that they will not be able to manipulate their way out of.. it is all a game to them for now..
I don't think there would be a need to stop him. No one would have any reason to question him about anything if he was driving in NSW. He wouldn't be doing anything suspicious. If they did question him he would say he was picking up his baby sitter.

Listening to Hedley's episode 11, it sounded to me like the judge was hinting to Pauline David that she better hurry up and start giving him reasons why he shouldn't find Dawson guilty.

From what I have heard overall from the trial I am quietly confident justice will prevail.
I got the same feeling too. I do think the podcast is directed to make you think that way. I found the Teacher's Trial podcast a bit annoying in some ways because it kept repeating stuff from the Teacher's Pet interviews. This meant that we were hearing stuff that may/may not have been repeated on the stand.

As a judge has to justify reasons for making decisions, it would be remiss of the judge not to ask questions if he didn't know the answer or assumed an answer which may then be subject to appeal.

If LD went in the tide, it was nowhere near the nthn beaches. It would be on the pacific coast which is not all that far from Gilwinga. I'd guess it was at night and most likely the night of the eighth Jan 1981. The little inland waterway associated with the NBeaches is quite shallow and there are lot of water craft in there. You 'd be mad to try to dump a chain weighed body there.

If the body has not been found in all this time the most likely choices are it a. Went into a secure and pre prepared bush grave and b. It went into the sea , professionally chained up & out past the surf line, probably onto a rocky bottom.

Ms.David's argument to suggest that CD would not know how to dispose of Lyn's body is absurd...

...he is being navigated through the criminal law process by his brother who has done so for more than for 40 years...
....hmmmm

Last edited:
Ms.David's argument to suggest that somehow CD would not know how to dispose of Lyn's body is absurd...

...he is being navigated through the criminal law process by his brother who has done so for more than for 40 years...
....hmmmm
Yes, and so is the idea that Lyn would be able to make her own body disappear, dead or alive.

If LD went in the tide, it was nowhere near the nthn beaches. It would be on the pacific coast which is not all that far from Gilwinga. I'd guess it was at night and most likely the night of the eighth Jan 1981. The little inland waterway associated with the NBeaches is quite shallow and there are lot of water craft in there. You 'd be mad to try to dump a chain weighed body there.

If the body has not been found in all this time the most likely choices are it a. Went into a secure and pre prepared bush grave and b. It went into the sea , professionally chained up & out past the surf line, probably onto a rocky bottom.
Sorry I don't know the beaches there. Thank you for the clarification.

Ms.David's argument to suggest that CD would not know how to dispose of Lyn's body is absurd...

....hmmmm
So much of what Pauline David said was just in the forlorn hope it would create an element of doubt but very little of it stacked up and most things she claimed contradicted things she had already said.

For instance, 'Chris wouldn't know how to dispose of the body', yet she would have us believe JC 'had a greater motive'.

Let's run with JC having the greater motive then Pauline, how did JC, a 17 year old girl, dispose of the body if a big, strong footballer in Chris wasn't capable of disposing of it??

So much of what Pauline David said was just in the forlorn hope it would create an element of doubt but very little of it stacked up and most things she claimed contradicted things she had already said.
For instance, 'Chris wouldn't know how to dispose of the body', yet she would have us believe JC 'had a greater motive'.

Let's run with JC having the greater motive then Pauline, how did JC, a 17 year old girl, dispose of the body if a big, strong footballer in Chris wasn't capable of disposing of it??
A study of throw everything against the wall and hope something will stick?

Sorry your honour for calling you a wall:oops:

Apparently amongst the reasons Greg Walsh offered in successfully having Chris Dawson's carnal knowledge trial delayed was the claim he is experiencing deteriorating health including a possible brain injury stemming from his rugby league career.

I can picture Dawson now, turning up in a wheelchair on oxygen like Christopher Skase did and pretending to be incoherent like Alan Bond.

Apparently amongst the reasons Greg Walsh offered in successfully having Chris Dawson's carnal knowledge trial delayed was the claim he is experiencing deteriorating health including a possible brain injury stemming from his rugby league career.

I can picture Dawson now, turning up in a wheelchair on oxygen like Christopher Skase did and pretending to be incoherent like Alan Bond.
FFS! Unbelievable.

I think it was predominantly because of the publicity because of the murder trial.

The list of complaints of Chris Dawson is adding up though. There was depression in 2021 and a couple of falls.

There will be a few witnesses. I am assuming CD will face the stand in this one. It will be about age and proof that he was her teacher at the time not just a teacher at the school.

I think the trial is set for 18 May 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77