Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
An interesting interview by Chris Smith from 2GB during the walk for Lynette on the weekend.

* Chris’ cousin Judy believes Lyn would never have left those girls for a day
* Hedley still investigating and will be creating new episodes

https://www.2gb.com/suspected-kille...-about-missing-mum-lyn-dawsons-disappearance/

I read Hedley say they didn't want to lose the momentum the podcasts had created. But has he actually confirmed there will be more episodes?

the stab marks are very hard to turn a blind eye to :oops:
I know this is years down the track, but could remnants of blood, using advanced technology/luminol type stuff, indicate the presence of blood on the cardigan.
If so, the number of stab wounds, may indicate the wearer of cardigan, could not survive the attack (too much blood lost).
Also don't K9 dogs alert to areas of deceased persons, years later: therefore the cardigan, and that area.
I guess all this has been examined, and I'll just continue thinking.

I know this is years down the track, but could remnants of blood, using advanced technology/luminol type stuff, indicate the presence of blood on the cardigan.
If so, the number of stab wounds, may indicate the wearer of cardigan, could not survive the attack (too much blood lost).
Also don't K9 dogs alert to areas of deceased persons, years later: therefore the cardigan, and that area.
I guess all this has been examined, and I'll just continue thinking.
I suspect we are not the only ones to think about this. With so many cold cases around there has been a lot of re-testing of DNA evidence. From memory of reading articles, it was mitochondrial DNA which means it is DNA inherited from a mother. The Wanted TV program indicates it is not Lyn's DNA and a minute amount.

Mitochondrial DNA - Wikipedia

CH if you listen to the 2GB interview in the link I posted, at the end Hedley confirms there are more episodes to follow
I don't believe he ever stopped investigating. He implied that in the last podcast. He was just giving the DPP and the police time to investigate. His job and our job is to continue keeping it in the news.

Sydney teacher has 13 sex offences dropped
something in the air on the northern beaches....maybe this grub had heard of the previous allowed shannanigans up there and thought it still ok :mad:
good to see that at least while its all under court he is on a ZERO employment as a teacher.

where were these rules when the grubby dawsons were around???
better late than never.

it is yet another travesty for justice that paul dawson got to spend the rest of his career honourably and any potential charges coming wont affect his credibility or work options :mad::mad:

but …. maybe spending his retirement in jail will still be pretty good o_O

imo

Sydney teacher has 13 sex offences dropped
something in the air on the northern beaches....maybe this grub had heard of the previous allowed shannanigans up there and thought it still ok :mad:
good to see that at least while its all under court he is on a ZERO employment as a teacher.

where were these rules when the grubby dawsons were around???
better late than never.

it is yet another travesty for justice that paul dawson got to spend the rest of his career honourably and any potential charges coming wont affect his credibility or work options :mad::mad:

but …. maybe spending his retirement in jail will still be pretty good o_O

imo
If you look enough you can find further details.

Not at any of the schools Chris and Paul went to.

Another complaint made against teacher on indecent assault charges

NSW teacher allegedly assaulted four girls

New DNA test to help crime busters

Flinders University has developed the advanced test which can reveal which person was the last to touch a particular item.

It can help rule out DNA deposits left by innocent people in what is commonly called secondary transfer.

Wow, that's fascinating and impressive. Thanks for the link.

New DNA test to help crime busters

Flinders University has developed the advanced test which can reveal which person was the last to touch a particular item.

It can help rule out DNA deposits left by innocent people in what is commonly called secondary transfer.
Interesting tool. It is probably for cases where police are on the scene immediately and not for a lot of cold cases that we look at a lot on this site due to the degrading of DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member