Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I served on a jury years ago. 13 charges and it lasted 13 days. The defence lawyer, who succeeded in getting his client off, ran rings around the prosecutor. I was so impressed I had his name written down for years. Just in case I ever needed representation. I doubt I could have afforded him though.

Robert Redlich was his name. Say no more.

I admire Justice Redlich's perspectives.. Ron Barassi doesn't, and I don't argue with Ron either.

The juries that I served on the accused were both not bright men whom no lawyer could have got off, no matter how brilliant.

Mine was entirely different. The accused was senior management level and being tried for 'white collar' crimes bought against him by the company he worked for. They weren't a small company either - but they were a family company - and he wasn't family.

I was only too happy to shake his hand after his acquittal. The people he worked for - his accusers - would have been very red-faced at the outcome.

Mine was entirely different. The accused was senior management level and being tried for 'white collar' crimes bought against him by the company he worked for. They weren't a small company either - but they were a family company - and he wasn't family.

I was only too happy to shake his hand after his acquittal. The people he worked for - his accusers - would have been very red-faced at the outcome.
But did you think that he was innocent?

Reactions: DRT
I haven't read a Peter Corris book for yonks, but what was the food that he would find the best or worst in Sydney?

Reactions: DRT
But did you think that he was innocent?

Probably like most serving on a jury for the first time, I had him guilty as they read out the charges. Before they had even been burdened with providing evidence. But my view changed over the course of days.

From memory it was 10-2 or 9-3 innocent the first jury poll. We delivered the verdict on a Friday afternoon and it really had started to look like we were going to be put up in a hotel for the weekend.

Did a search for Peter Dawson. Wanted to put a face to the guy doing the grandstanding at the Lyn Dawson inquest. Wasn't hard to find.

Last edited:
I have the date Paul went to South West Rocks as 11th. This is quoted in a couple of articles.

I think from Vanessa's statement I worked out it was 11th. She said 11th or 14th. A lot of articles have said Joanne moved in 2 days later.
https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/vanessa-worrall-statement.pdf
chris's police statement from 91 and joannes also insist it was the 15th. chris pushed the 16th also.
the only official contradiction to these dates is vanessa's police statement I posted above.
afaiko_O

chris 91 official statement.
https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/chris-dawson-1991-compressed.pdf

vanessa's birthday being the 15th is a little interesting kicker .
makes her statement even though grey a tad compelling.

these locked in official statements by them both should be enough mud to damn well stick...all on their own!!!:confused:

chris's police statement from 91 and joannes also insist it was the 15th. chris pushed the 16th also.
the only official contradiction to these dates is vanessa's police statement I posted above.
afaiko_O

chris 91 official statement.
https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/chris-dawson-1991-compressed.pdf
Is this the same Chris Dawson that said his wife had credit card purchases at Narrabeen without any proof and was believed? I think Joanne may have come up with that date as well. These interviews were all 10 years after. I would tend to believe Vanessa because of her birthday. Amanda says she stayed at the park a couple of days after Joanne and Nicole left. This makes it the the 11th not the 14th.

Between 9pm 8 January and 8am 9 January1982, Lyn disappears (assumed murdered)

Lyn didn't show up at the pool.
9 January 1982 Phil Day to drives Helena Sims, Shanelle and Sherryn to the Simms’ residence in Cloverly on Chris's request.
This is from the Pool

"When she vanished without trace, Lyn had two daughters, aged 4 and 2. Her husband was in a sexual relationship with a teenage student, Joanne Curtis, who moved into his home at Bayview, on Sydney’s northern beaches, just two days after Lyn went missing."

Nocookies

I have the date Chris went to South West Rocks as 11th. This is quoted in a couple of articles.

I think from Vanessa's statement I worked out it was 11th. She said 11th or 14th. A lot of articles have said Joanne moved in 2 days later.
https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/vanessa-worrall-statement.pdf

I would like the NSW Pol , at the very least, to make enquiries as to the whereabouts of religious cults ( who went door to door evangelizing and collecting disgruntled women in the suburbs ) , who must have had some domestic arrangements, housing, etc. in 1982. And had a supersalesman covering the northern beaches that week.

It would be mighty strange if Lynnette was the only one who fell for this yarn, and what a compelling yarn it must have been, seems odd that only one woman would fall for it.

That aspect of the distraction the brothers Dawson made known to police, and family really ought to be investigated and finally put to rest.

vanessa's birthday being the 15th is a little interesting kicker .
makes her statement even though grey a tad compelling.

these locked in official statements by them both should be enough mud to damn well stick...all on their own!!!:confused:

The fact that Chris Dawson completely left out the fact that he took Joanne to QLD just before Xmas , in their little experiment of 'thinking things over'....

It should be enough to bring charges, it shows enormous consciousness of guilt, and determination to lie to the police, AND it comprehensively demonstrates that Chris, AND Paul AND Marilyn were compact conspiritors in this particular aspect of the event, as all told the same lie .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288