Australia Australia - Maddison Murphy-West, 20, Pakenham, Vic, 23 Oct 2013

Thank you everyone :)

Assuming that it is a homicide and given what the boyfriend said, he either did it or knows who did. It is too farfetched to believe that a random person could have gone in and murdered Maddison and staged a suicide, without the bf hearing anything.

So, on ACA they revealed how Maddie passed. The method of "suicide" would have raised red flags to LE from the beginning, I suspect. It's unusual for young women to hang themselves - that is very much a male method of ending their own life. Women are far more likely to take pills or use a knife, statistically.:twocents:

Also, the likelihood of a mother ending her life with her child present (as was told to LE) is very low - I think that would be extremely unusual. Typically, women who are suicidal take great pains to make sure the child/children won't be around or able to see them.

I hope that baby is in good, gentle, caring, conscious arms. He didn't deserve to lose his mother. His mother didn't deserve to lose her lifetime with her boy.

I missed ACA last night :( does anyone have a link to the video? I was on their website but it wasn't on there

Wow....so the partner was actually on the premises when she commited suicide. He has put himself right there. She was not happy that her son was imitating the gross behaviour of the partner. Spitting on her was one. This caring mother would not have left her son to be brought up by him. Do we know who has the son? This is all so sus. I'm surprised it went unreported for so long .

Such a lovely looking girl and by all reports a fantastic mother. I hope justice is done in this case.

I want to know why they haven't arrested the boyfriend. I agree that the circumstances - hanging herself with her child there - is not believable. I'm so confused about this, what is stopping them?

I wonder if the BF works....?

and who is taking care of Maddi's son ...?

:waitasec:

Maddy was a beautiful caring young woman. RIP sweetheart ♥

Has anyone found a link to the A current Affair story? I've also looked but can't seem to locate it.

I can't find the ACA story either. I'm really struggling to understand why police requested public assistance over a week ago and since that ONE day, there has been complete silence. Why does it seem like Maddison has been pushed aside for other cases?

Maddison was mentioned in this article from yesterday about unsolved murders in Victoria ... it is their homicide squad's 70th anniversary. Nothing new, but at least it is some more exposure.

Maddison Murphy-West
Police believe Maddison Murphy-West was murdered before the killer manipulated the crime scene to make it look like a case of suicide.
The 20-year-old mother's body was found at her Pakenham home on October 23 last year.
Ms Murphy-West's death was almost immediately suspected of being a case of murder.
Friends and family maintain there is no way she would take her own life.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...police-wish-list/story-fnii5sms-1226793062127

I'm wondering if they are working with a skeleton staff over the Christmas break. Nothing being mentioned on any of the ongoing murder cases in Victoria.

I keep checking but there is no more news on this. This had better mean that they know what happened/who did it and are just preparing to press charges. Anything other than that and I just cannot understand why they would be so quiet about such a horrible murder.

Unfortunately like a lot of these cases they don't have hard evidence even though they know who did it. Have to wait until he admits it or he has told someone who will come forward. A horrible thought is that he marries again and another wife may have to go through the same thing. MOO

Herald Sun today. Family asking for people in the know to come forward with information.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...dison-murphywest/story-fni0ffnk-1226805383687

Thanks for that info Marg. Good to know the whole case hasn't just disappeared into the ether. Maddi was obviously very loved.

And - completely off topic - my dog Raffy is the spitting image of your avatar!! It's uncanny! I literally did a double take when I first saw the pic!!:seeya:

This really is a tragic case. Maddi was obviously a victim of ongoing domestic violence in the lead-up to her death;

"....at the end of 2012 they had noticed marks on Maddison's neck where someone had tried to choke her......Maddison's uncle, Shannon, said that on another occasion he saw his niece with bruises on her upper body and wanted to do something about it, but she talked him out of it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...dison-murphywest/story-fni0ffnk-1226805383687

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back