Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look if it was me, I would be scouring the net day and night looking for any mention of my name.
I think most people would.
Absolutely! Actually I've been meaning to sau, with their unique names you'd think there would be more online for MdH and DdH (son). I've always wondered if it was deliberate, kinda like RB avoiding photos...

What's different about DDH to all of his other wives and victims that he hasn't knocked her off or fleeced and left
My first time posting.

I think there is a reason that Mr AKA has hung on to DDH, and not discarded her like he has everyone else.
And I think that reason is that she has helped him in his scams. I think DDH was purposely being vague during her testimony at the inquest, and she knows a lot more than what she wants everyone to think.

MOO

21 May 1974 – WW discharged from prison.

25 August 1974
This young Nicole Renaud died at age 38
In Lille France. There are quite a few Nicole Renaud on Ancestry but this one stood out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_000006.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130_000006.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
A very extensive timeline of IK, put together by @Estelle all the way back in February this year!

I'm not taking credit for finding this.
Carov5 found it.
As we know RB was still scamming women through lonely hearts ads in 2006 and 2012/13 Tournai / Bali victim.
I brought this up again in the hope the Belgian Police look into these cases with fresh eyes.

Last edited:
A very extensive timeline of IK, put together by @Estelle all the way back in February this year!
It is great to see timelines from the past and add new dates or corrections now that more evidence has come to light :)

We now know they travelled separately out of Aust
IK sent her baby with her friend back to her family before she left
She then reuntied with WW in France with their baby, after his cruise with DWalker on the Chusan
She then left him just before he was arrested June 1971
IK marries MJR in Budapest
Their son born 1972
IK arrived back into Aust 1974/ maybe 1973

@Lord Peter Flimsy

I feel so stupid. I finally twigged where your name was from :)

Though it wasn't until a google alert email turned up from a bookshop online.

It mentioned a bunch of Lord Peter Whimsey stories. :D
My school days were spent listening to BBC radio dramatisations of Dorothy L Sayers crime novels. Thoroughly recommend them. I don’t have a man servant though!

if you have ever Googled RB's name, you have probably come across the guy in Ohio, USA. He seems to be the most prominent person called RB, and he is very senior in the pawnbroker world of all things.

Unbelievably, he has specific expertise in the pawning of stolen items and he works with the local police department as an adviser on the matter. In this capacity he was a source for the book "In Hock: Pawning in America..." by Wendy A Woolason (2009).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 07.33.07.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 07.33.07.png
    566.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 07.34.03.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 07.34.03.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online