Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the presentation of being old and doddery is definitely an act, most especially DdeH with her 'ermmm... dunno...' / 'can't remember' BS at the inquest. However, people age rapidly in the last third or quarter of their lives, most especially with the hormone changes that are brought about and most of us develop aches, pains, poor memory and everything is genuinely more difficult.

For criminals and narcissists it's a well known fact their manipulation games no longer work as easily, so they tend to calm down in older life. I reckon RB's games had a shelf life too - all that documentation and paper fraud, forgery, and old school identity theft, messing around with banks and credit agencies, is redundant nowadays due to advances in technology.

I do think when answering question in the inquest they would have to be super careful as there's been plenty more people than just Marion so they genuinely may have difficulty recalling one swindle from the other but they can't exactly say that!

JMO MOO
Good points. But I also can’t help wondering if the cons etc are still happening, utilising modern technology. I know it’s probably a long shot. I just don’t see why (so far) there’s zero accountability and the fraud, forgery, theft, lies etc have not been addressed. Hopefully that’s coming. We (society) shouldn’t have to put up with such blatant predatory acts. Let alone what all the victims and their loved ones are going through, of course. Really feel for Sally and all the other victims.

Good points. But I also can’t help wondering if the cons etc are still happening, utilising modern technology. I know it’s probably a long shot. I just don’t see why (so far) there’s zero accountability and the fraud, forgery, theft, lies etc have not been addressed. Hopefully that’s coming. We (society) shouldn’t have to put up with such blatant predatory acts. Let alone what all the victims and their loved ones are going through, of course. Really feel for Sally and all the other victims.

100% agree and it's my personal opinion that it's testament to the capitalist patriarchal society we live in that (white western male) fraudsters who make a career out of swindling average people out of finances and valuables not only get away with but can thrive off the back of immoral, unethical, or downright criminal business practices. Grrr. Rant over. JMO.

I suspect the clue to RB having transferred to online misconduct is IIRC at the inquest he said something like 'there's thousands more women online' - perhaps someone can correctly quote it.

Interesting! I had always assumed Marion knew him as FR, but dangerous to make assumptions in this case.

I assume she did only know him as FR. Where is the evidence that she knew him as Ric Blum from? Does anyone know? Why would a con artist use his 'real' name (nothing about him is real but you know what I mean)?

100% agree and it's my personal opinion that it's testament to the capitalist patriarchal society we live in that (white western male) fraudsters who make a career out of swindling average people out of finances and valuables not only get away with but can thrive off the back of immoral, unethical, or downright criminal business practices. Grrr. Rant over. JMO.

I suspect the clue to RB having transferred to online misconduct is IIRC at the inquest he said something like 'there's thousands more women online' - perhaps someone can correctly quote it.
So true!

"My money may be gone, but I'm alive"

"Luxembourg “I was like a bird to a cat”: An elderly woman from Brussels reports how years ago she fell for the professional scammer Ric Blum. This apparently also plays the main role in another case"

December 4, 2022

Behind a paywall. Just posting to show that the news re RB is still spreading.

Actually I tried it in another browser and can see all of the untranslated version.

It seems to be what we already know but it's good to know that the Lux papers are now giving it good coverage.

Last edited:

"My money may be gone, but I'm alive"

"Luxembourg “I was like a bird to a cat”: An elderly woman from Brussels reports how years ago she fell for the professional scammer Ric Blum. This apparently also plays the main role in another case"

December 4, 2022

Behind a paywall. Just posting to show that the news re RB is still spreading.

Actually I tried it in another browser and can see all of the untranslated version.

It seems to be what we already know but it's good to know that the Lux papers are now giving it good coverage.
Amazing - there is still nothing in the media here in Victoria, Australia!

"He, this is Ric Blum. She recognizes him directly from photos from different decades, she also has one from 2006 with her"

That would be the one he got rid of, I suppose ?

"But the expected love story isn't one at all and Ghislaine doesn't mince his words: "Of course it was all lies, I know that today. And then he robbed me.” She later estimates the damage to the police at around 70,000 euros. In doing so, she still prevents the worst, selling her house but not handing over the proceeds to him when she begins to have doubts. However, several accounts have already been cleared and numerous valuables have disappeared – disappeared with Frederick"

So when she sold the house she started to have doubts about him.

AKA admitted at the Inquest there was a family Trust set up. I don’t know how these work especially in Australia but would accounts have to be created and submitted to the authorities?
Trusts are tax entities. Anyone in a trust must do their tax return. Not sure about dead people

People with businesses often use trusts to pay less tax by putting income through their children who might have no income. Money can be distributed st any point. Some have trusts where children don't receive an income from until, e.g. 40 years of age.
----
My friends all have Porsches, I can't make eat mends. I wanna Mercury so I can cruise it up and down the road.

Last edited:

Ric Blum denies all allegations. He told an Australian journalist that Ghislaine's story was a lie. He left two inquiries from the “Luxemburger Wort” unanswered.

Ric Blum denies all allegations. He told an Australian journalist that Ghislaine's story was a lie. He left two inquiries from the “Luxemburger Wort” unanswered.
Of course he would. :rolleyes:

He couldn't lie straight in bed this tool!

I wonder if he is sourcing some alias names through reading newspapers etc of actual criminals who have had publicity surrounding them in the past, as a means to deflect from his own criminal activities......Blum for example

and other aliases through association....dupont, remakel, LeBoursicot, Westbury, Wilson etc etc

I assume she did only know him as FR. Where is the evidence that she knew him as Ric Blum from? Does anyone know? Why would a con artist use his 'real' name (nothing about him is real but you know what I mean)?

wouldn't be the first time he used his "real" name, he has on numerous occasion conned people using the name DH, considering it is wife and children's name and they are the only people in Australia with that name. seem like an amateur or bold move to me..

Also plays into the narrative that middle aged women/ mothers can be flighty/irrational and simply leave their children/home etc. I know some do (my own grandmother did in the 1940s, but everyone knew where she was) but what a convenient assumption for criminals. The police have so much to answer for. Grrrr…

Australia - Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #16

(NOT saying B LeB has anything to do with AKA's crimes) Just looking at timing of AKA's criminal activities and opportunities.....

Bernard Le Boursicot formed B&G 21 years ago. After a long career in a Sydney based meat company, he joined an Island trader. Bernard's initial career was in shipping. He has been honoured by the French government for services to the Australian-French business community. Bernard has a range of other business interests, beside the large B&G trading activities.

Bernard LeBoursicot arrives in Aust Feb 1968 as an Agent for Commercial Transport.

Going back to the link I posted re the Le Courrier Australien advertisement placed by Bernard LE BOURSICOT in MAY 1968

- HE is seeking "Directors of French Firms to partner with the Journal to help compatriots in need".…

In 1968 B LeB is living at 59 Dolphin Cresesnt Whale Beach when he places the ad.

(As @MrsWattle said AKA could have just used this address on his passenger card from the advert he saw.)

B LeB is out of the country and back in again by Sept 1970 – Salesman Import / Export

Living at 53 South Liverpool Road NSW

B LeB has a job with Andrews Meat Industries

In 1972 A.M.I. - Oxford Street Paddington is granted a license to export meat

Trove
AUSTRALIAN MEAT BOARD Meat Industry Act 1964-1969 - Commonwealth of Australia Gazette (National : 1901 - 1973) - 20 Apr 1972

By 1976
Along with a host of companies, including ANDERSONS ( Dianes fathers family and where he worked – DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRY. Meat Industry Act 1964. - Commonwealth of Australia Gazette (National : 1901 - 1973) - 12 Aug 1965 -

Andrews has expanded to Naremburn NSW
Department of (Primary Industry AUSTRALIAN MEAT BOARD Meat Industry Act 1964-1973 - Australian Government Gazette. General (National : 1974 - 1977) - 10 Aug 1976

WILSON BROS – has a name change in the 1940s from Brisbane Wholesale Meat Pty Ltd to Wilson Meats Pty Ltd QLD

By 1965 they are smashing their way through the Meat Export business like the rest of their constituents.

NAA Documents from Authorities on AKA

Wilson Bros International Exports:

"WILSON Bross International Exports Pty LTD, 26 Elizabeth Street, Paddington 2026"

False insurance document - valid from April 1977 to 1978 and a car registration in this name for a Volvo Sedan 244 DL - valid until January 1978

26 Elizabeth Street Paddington was a private residence as far as I can find.

In 1978 Andrews Meat Export under Bernard Le Boursicot, has expanded to 283 Elizabeth Street SYDNEY

In 1981 B LeB places another advertisement in the Sydney Morning Herald looking for Export Manager.

By 1987 Company in liquidation

AKA is an opportunist. IMO he has used his connection to B leB to create a false document relating to a Meat Export company using a fictitious address on the NAA document.

2026 postcode is Bondi ?

– 1977 Electoral Roll shows they were living at 1/303 Old South West Road, Bondi. He is listed as an artist and Diane as a secretary.

AC asks Diane De Hedervary had she ever heard of the name GAETAN Le Boursicot……

(not sure of correct spelling of Christian name – there are many variables)

Attachments

• Feb 1968.jpeg
    Feb 1968.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 61
  • back again in  Sept 1970.jpeg
    back again in Sept 1970.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 52
  • 1976  Naremburn.jpg
    1976 Naremburn.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1978 Elizabeth street Sydney.jpg
    1978 Elizabeth street Sydney.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 41
  • NAA forged doco.jpeg
    NAA forged doco.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 42
  • SMH 1981.jpg
    SMH 1981.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Australia - Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #16

(NOT saying B LeB has anything to do with AKA's crimes) Just looking at timing of AKA's criminal activities and opportunities.....

Bernard Le Boursicot formed B&G 21 years ago. After a long career in a Sydney based meat company, he joined an Island trader. Bernard's initial career was in shipping. He has been honoured by the French government for services to the Australian-French business community. Bernard has a range of other business interests, beside the large B&G trading activities.

Bernard LeBoursicot arrives in Aust Feb 1968 as an Agent for Commercial Transport.

Going back to the link I posted re the Le Courrier Australien advertisement placed by Bernard LE BOURSICOT in MAY 1968

- HE is seeking "Directors of French Firms to partner with the Journal to help compatriots in need".…

In 1968 B LeB is living at 59 Dolphin Cresesnt Whale Beach when he places the ad.

(As @MrsWattle said AKA could have just used this address on his passenger card from the advert he saw.)

B LeB is out of the country and back in again by Sept 1970 – Salesman Import / Export

Living at 53 South Liverpool Road NSW

B LeB has a job with Andrews Meat Industries

In 1972 A.M.I. - Oxford Street Paddington is granted a license to export meat

Trove
AUSTRALIAN MEAT BOARD Meat Industry Act 1964-1969 - Commonwealth of Australia Gazette (National : 1901 - 1973) - 20 Apr 1972

By 1976
Along with a host of companies, including ANDERSONS ( Dianes fathers family and where he worked – DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRY. Meat Industry Act 1964. - Commonwealth of Australia Gazette (National : 1901 - 1973) - 12 Aug 1965 -

Andrews has expanded to Naremburn NSW
Department of (Primary Industry AUSTRALIAN MEAT BOARD Meat Industry Act 1964-1973 - Australian Government Gazette. General (National : 1974 - 1977) - 10 Aug 1976

WILSON BROS – has a name change in the 1940s from Brisbane Wholesale Meat Pty Ltd to Wilson Meats Pty Ltd QLD

By 1965 they are smashing their way through the Meat Export business like the rest of their constituents.

NAA Documents from Authorities on AKA

Wilson Bros International Exports:

"WILSON Bross International Exports Pty LTD, 26 Elizabeth Street, Paddington 2026"

False insurance document - valid from April 1977 to 1978 and a car registration in this name for a Volvo Sedan 244 DL - valid until January 1978

26 Elizabeth Street Paddington was a private residence as far as I can find.

In 1978 Andrews Meat Export under Bernard Le Boursicot, has expanded to 283 Elizabeth Street SYDNEY

In 1981 B LeB places another advertisement in the Sydney Morning Herald looking for Export Manager.

By 1987 Company in liquidation

AKA is an opportunist. IMO he has used his connection to B leB to create a false document relating to a Meat Export company using a fictitious address on the NAA document.

2026 postcode is Bondi ?

– 1977 Electoral Roll shows they were living at 1/303 Old South West Road, Bondi. He is listed as an artist and Diane as a secretary.

AC asks Diane De Hedervary had she ever heard of the name GAETAN Le Boursicot……

(not sure of correct spelling of Christian name – there are many variables)
WOW. What a tangled web this bit alone could be. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member