Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to the new episode this morning, a couple of times. Very interesting. I found the analysis (correct word maybe?) by Laura quite eye opening. The whole pathalogical liar aspect, coercive control, and believing others rather than you know who, was reassuring to hear. She also highlighted how necessary it was to have him fully investigated....

Does anyone remember the name of a person who RB tried to apply for a name change in Queensland but was rejected. The first name was Zabadiah or something similar?
I did a bit of searching on this a while ago and found this (screenshot from my spreadsheet) FYI:
well, okay, that's a name that wouldn't stand out or cause suspicion or be easily tracked. :)
And that’s why I picked that name (as well as the Roger Lauzoney…with multiple spellings!) for further research. These names are not the sort that you would randomly select IMO

Attachments

• E6C67919-FC3D-49BE-BF66-70783FD12E88.jpeg
    E6C67919-FC3D-49BE-BF66-70783FD12E88.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 74
Excellent episode of TLV. (the Gaslighter one) Crime Analyst and Coercive Control Expert Laura Richards is smashing! I use that British term because I feel like she just smashed through all the BS about Ric Blum and told it like it was and what needs to be done about him. Her indignation is infectious. I also liked the analysis at the end of the case against Blum for murder of Marion. Just a relief to hear the words spoken aloud.

I do have the names of the owners of the antiques shop in Burwash in the 1980s. Obviously I can’t publish them on the thread and I’m not sure if they are still alive? I’d be surprised if he and Mrs Aka didn’t pay them a visit more than once or twice.
I would send that to the TLV team to investigate.

Excellent episode of TLV. (the Gaslighter one) Crime Analyst and Coercive Control Expert Laura Richards is smashing! I use that British term because I feel like she just smashed through all the BS about Ric Blum and told it like it was and what needs to be done about him. Her indignation is infectious. I also liked the analysis at the end of the case against Blum for murder of Marion. Just a relief to hear the words spoken aloud.
I absolutely agree with you! A huge relief to have an expert confirm everything. Laura would be a huge help if the case went to trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never believed a word of it.

Staff at a supermarket said he was wondering around, minutes after the time he had said he was mugged and he looked perfectly fine.
Just like his other tales. He gets one truth and then adds a stack of lies to it. The only truth here is the fact that he was in the location at the time of the imaginary assault.

“Even when he was questioned about whether he killed Marion, his answer was very interesting, because he answered the question with a question, which is a sign of deception. And he bought time, and then he said: “No, no.” which is a fading fact, not a declarative, “No I didn’t. I can’t believe you are even asking me this.” No is a declarative, it never happened, and if you didn’t do it, that’s all you have to say.”
Laura Richards TLV Episode 47 Gaslight 24 Mar 2023

Gaslight is one of my favourite movies and even though I liked Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman in the remake, I preferred the original 1940 movie, which was made 4 years earlier than the Boyer/Bergman one.
It starred Anton Walbrook and Diana Wynyard.

Hopefully LE has kept the whole interview.

It would be interesting to find out what a body language expert made of it. though I imagine that it couldn't be used in court.
Wouldn’t it be fascinating to get a body & speech analysis of all of his “performances”: police interviews, on the witness stand and out and about in public with media crews chasing him. “Enough material for an entire conference.” I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please excuse me for my "off topic" question, but, has anyone here on Websleuths been personally acknowledged as being of assistance with finding any informative facts that has led to more investigation by Facebook/TLV/Ch7, etc? I certainly hope so, as a few more/new names popped up in the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth