Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also further to this - it can't have been as early at 7 August that SL sold the car. If she had sold the car prior to 7 August she would've just put the money in Marion's bank account like she had agreed to. She must've sold the car at a later date AFTER she had discovered that something was amiss, otherwise she would've gone ahead with the agreement she had with her mum. So someone has cancelled the policy and it wasn't SL who actually had possession of the car at the time and we do know that Marion was in the country at the time.
If Marion didn’t renew her policy, perhaps the RACQ would have sent a renewal notice which would have gone to her friend Lesley’s address which would probably have been returned to sender… right?

Last edited:
However, the internet was available then so could she have had someone at the hotel cancel it for her once she gave the person in charge the details or even sent a letter? When was it cancelled? Also she may have had the car documents with her and RB got hold of them too. What date was it cancelled?
I’m sure RB put a lot pressure on MB to finalise the sale of the car because should anything happen, a small accident or breakdown while SL is driving the car and now with the insurance/road side assistance now void (new name) it could cause a big problem! esp since they now shared the name Remakel.

So its either someone from the MB team posting it via a Lux forum to try and find who they thought at the time was AH

Or its another victim trying to find AH after he replied to her ad in 1997

Or its someone looking for information on AH in relation to the podcast
It was on the MB fb page where it was discussed about the Michele Barnett and it was thought it might have been a troll. I am almost certain it was on MyHeritage site. I have had a look tonight and cannot find it now so possibly taken down. I’m sure it mentioned early 1990’s and Gold Coast. A couple of days ago was the first time I have seen the adds in French as the post I saw was in English

It was on the MB fb page where it was discussed about the Michele Barnett and it was thought it might have been a troll. I am almost certain it was on MyHeritage site. I have had a look tonight and cannot find it now so possibly taken down. I’m sure it mentioned early 1990’s and Gold Coast. A couple of days ago was the first time I have seen the adds in French as the post I saw was in English

Not necessarily a troll, but maybe a self-appointed self-important citizen sleuth with poor boundaries.

On the genealogy site I use I can see that various people have set up family trees for people involved in the case, I imagine with a view to reaching out to them or their family members.

I’ve obviously missed this!! Has anyone had any success in following up with her?

I found this advert, in the Le Courrier Feb 1997 asking if it had been found before .

Reading all the posts about it now. it seems there was a post made in a Luxembourg forum 2019, asking about AKA.

And apparently more adverts taken out by the same person but in english, as per @1965school

I have no idea if this was followed up because I didn't know some other things relating to this Michele had been found previously.

But if it wasnt followed up, thats pretty disappointing!

Clearly he didn’t think that one through.. what pilot lol

I suspect there's tons of stuff RB didn't think through.

He certainly knows how to forge and fraud documents and misrepresent information to create multiple identities / identity theft. He must understand aspects of the illegal economies, for trading stolen items, laundering money, etc.

But as for everything else, I'd say he's been getting away with most of his shocking behaviour by sheer luck and chance off the abject failings of multiple systems that would ideally be there in place to check and scrutinise and alert. I don't know if there was much thinking sitting under all that except 'arrogance'. Much of it would have been starting something then having to act / react as it unfolded, never being quite sure what may arise.

There must have been decades of his life where he couldn't believe he's got away with things and there's no big fuss, ever. How odd. Until now.

JMO MOO

I suspect there's tons of stuff RB didn't think through.

He certainly knows how to forge and fraud documents and misrepresent information to create multiple identities / identity theft. He must understand aspects of the illegal economies, for trading stolen items, laundering money, etc.

But as for everything else, I'd say he's been getting away with most of his shocking behaviour by sheer luck and chance off the abject failings of multiple systems that would ideally be there in place to check and scrutinise and alert. I don't know if there was much thinking sitting under all that except 'arrogance'. Much of it would have been starting something then having to act / react as it unfolded, never being quite sure what may arise.

There must have been decades of his life where he couldn't believe he's got away with things and there's no big fuss, ever. How odd. Until now.

JMO MOO
A very accurate analysis of his MO. He got caught a lot in his younger days and learned just enough from that time to narrowly dodge ever getting caught again, aided by the incompetence, laziness, racism and misogyny of authorities as well as his own arrogance and lack of any guilt or empathy. Compared with other known fraudsters, he wasn’t even that successful. He may have had a slightly better standard of living than the average Australian pensioner but he certainly wasn’t living the high life like say Melissa Caddick. In spite of his lack of success, his intentions were exactly the same. A constant pursuit of money and power with total disregard for his fellow human beings. Even now he still hasn’t been charged. Unbelievable to both us and him.

I have always thought he may have been banned (by the manager in Amsterdam) from flying with Japan Air Lines (JAL) because he may have tried to fraudulently impersonate a pilot by wearing an allegedly "stolen" uniform. It lines up with the "pilot" seen loading things into the back of MB's car at TSS. IMOO.

There's an article about the Marion Barter case on this site that covers news to the Burwash, UK area.
It has a link to a Daily Mail article

Second article down

Its bizarre.
Why would a person post in a site specific Luxembourg forum, in 2019, about FR ?
Surely this is TLV team asking for information?

But how does this relate to the Feb 1997 advert I posted up?

This has to be 2 different people.

Anyone got any idea on what the post on FB regarding the meat company might be about?
I’m glad they made it clear it wasn’t for sinister reasons. It was one of those cryptic messages but I hope they find the information they are looking for whatever it is. I’m sure AKA, his family and lawyer are reading all the FB messages so it gives them something to ponder over too!!

I do believe there are connections to the meat industry in this case. That’s me being cryptic now.

I’m glad they made it clear it wasn’t for sinister reasons. It was one of those cryptic messages but I hope they find the information they are looking for whatever it is. I’m sure AKA, his family and lawyer are reading all the FB messages so it gives them something to ponder over too!!

I do believe there are connections to the meat industry in this case. That’s me being cryptic now.
Yes I seem to remember J saying she wasnt doing anymore cryptic posts....a few times now

Yep me too in regards to the meat industry and AH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member