Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be free, though... it's mainly just the news about the date, followed by a recap of the case (how did we get here...?) and a call out to readers ("Do you remember this man?").
It’s not behind a paywall for me.

Isn’t it great that Tom and the team over there are keeping the flame burning for Marion. There surely must be more victims out there.

Anyone else see the post directing people to come to websleuths and other websites with their theories and discussion because they keep having to delete stuff off the new group?
I think the reason is that they have too much to moderate so telling people to come here or reddit or some other site so that liability for comments rests with these other sites and not them. (Well that was my understanding)

Another conman picking on the vulnerable and lonely. So many of them are very similar in nature

Another conman picking on the vulnerable and lonely. So many of them are very similar in nature

And he has made a career of it. So many convictions, he gets out and just continues to hunt for new prey. As a society we really need to find a better way of dealing with these criminals.

Apologies, only able to check back now. Sorry for omitting it was Facebook.
I was just interested in the request as it kind of negates the point of having the private group I thought. But it will be interesting to see if we get any new additions here.
Can't understand WHY a missing persons case is set up for private group anyway????.
Never known another missing persons case under a private banner - If it was me and my family member I would be sharing it with the world. One day, someone who knows something will see it on an open page to the world, not a closed group. Privately all they are getting are people who know the case backwards. Seems an odd thing to do.

Can't understand WHY a missing persons case is set up for private group anyway????.
Never known another missing persons case under a private banner - If it was me and my family member I would be sharing it with the world. One day, someone who knows something will see it on an open page to the world, not a closed group. Privately all they are getting are people who know the case backwards. Seems an odd thing to do.
The original MPMB FB page is still being updated, but maybe they decided to set up the new community group because it avoided the issues they had with the original page like the restricted access and ban on posting for over a month. Also a lot of the community groups still have full public view access anyway.

Can someone remind me when they were living in Bordeaux - was this 1980's or late 1970's ? Was there ever a definitive date on this ?

I have an interesting link to that wild theory a couple of us had way back on DCOD / Don Juan and his connection in death, to a woman who was an Employee at the town hall of Bordeaux.

Can someone remind me when they were living in Bordeaux - was this 1980's or late 1970's ? Was there ever a definitive date on this ?

I have an interesting link to that wild theory a couple of us had way back on DCOD / Don Juan and his connection in death, to a woman who was an Employee at the town hall of Bordeaux.
Was this between the time they lived in Luxembourg and then the UK? I think Mrs Aka said it was only for a short period of time. I’m not sure an actual year(s) was ever mentioned.

Maybe there have been attempts by other countries to get him there to answer theft charges.

Also maybe they could charge him with theft here, but they're looking at murder charges, but are not quite there yet and it may be more convenient to not have him locked away in a cell just yet.

Was this between the time they lived in Luxembourg and then the UK? I think Mrs Aka said it was only for a short period of time. I’m not sure an actual year(s) was ever mentioned.
Yes that is what I remember too
But I thought maybe there was a definitive time/ months they were there and I may have missed it

All so cagey the pair of them

I am looking forward to the Coroners findings in February and hoping it favours Sally's quest for her search for Marion. My brain has gone into overdrive again with all the possibilities of what might have happened.

I am wondering now if RB (AKA AH) bought both his and Marion's airline tickets, making sure they were not on the same day for one reason or another and earlier than first decided upon hence MB needing to bring forward her resignation date. Also, could it be that RB bought the airline ticket for Marion in the name of Florabella Natalia Marion Remakel forcing Marion to change her name before they left, telling her that they would be married anyway in Europe and she could still go by the name Marion Remakel by dropping Florabella & Natalia? She perhaps reluctantly changed her name then by deed poll.

I see they are taking the show on the road.

Tickets on sale for Brisbane event with possible other States being announced.
MBFB page has details
Be very ironic if Dianes family members were in the audience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay