Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

Well there goes my theory now that he's found. Such a strange case, that's for sure

Just to add to my post above, I am watching Ch7 news .... police have questioned Mark for 4½ hours, he has been medically evaluated, and has been released into the care and custody of his brother, who I believe is a police officer.

Mitch has evidently spoken with MSM - as they quoted him - and said that he and Ella will be reunited with their father today, Mitch is very happy and excited. He also said that his mum and Riana are doing well.

Police are not going to be pressing charges for any infractions. They just want to see this family well and happy.

Mark Jesser ‏@MarkJesser 33m33 minutes ago
BREAKING: Mark Tromp leaves Wangaratta Police station with family members @bordermail @theage @theage_photo

CrbittBVMAAjIoR.jpg

https://twitter.com/MarkJesser
It doesn't seem as though he is happy to be found!??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm glad he has been found but I can't believe he is not currently in the care of mental health professionals.
Perhaps he refused hospitalization.
I'm hoping his brother keeps a very close eye on him as he has been released into his care.
If this behavior is so out of character then something is very wrong.

Why is he not in a hospital or center for mental health evaluation??

I find this confusing as well. I can't believe that he wasn't even held on a 72 hour order. With the paranoia having been confirmed by family and having affected him so much it's indisputable that there are MH issues.

I also think that the police and the media have been responding to this whole situation very favourably. Very early on the police made a statement that there was no previous MH issues in the family or drug use. When there clearly are MH issues now and I question how they could have concluded so quickly there was no drug use issues, or poisoning, or financial issues. It's like they wanted to disaude people from talking about these things. They have also decided not to charge him, and I'm assuming the daughters won't be charged for the car theft either, which is fine, but seems like a strange response from the police.

I find this confusing as well. I can't believe that he wasn't even held on a 72 hour order. With the paranoia having been confirmed by family and having affected him so much it's indisputable that there are MH issues.

I also think that the police and the media have been responding to this whole situation very favourably. Very early on the police made a statement that there was no previous MH issues in the family or drug use. When there clearly are MH issues now and I question how they could have concluded so quickly there was no drug use issues, or poisoning, or financial issues. It's like they wanted to disaude people from talking about these things. They have also decided not to charge him, and I'm assuming the daughters won't be charged for the car theft either, which is fine, but seems like a strange response from the police.

I thought the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Marks brother is a policeman so that may have something to do with the 'favourable reporting'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Police confirmed Mr Tromp had been cleared by a medical assessor from Albury Wodonga Health and was safe and well. He did not need to be taken to hospital.

His wife Jacoba and eldest daughter Riana remain in hospital in Goulburn being assessed by mental health practitioners."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/missing-father-mark-tromp-has-been-found-20160903-gr84pk.html

Well, I hope they're not going to regret that. Sabina Eriksson killing Glenn Hollinshead comes to mind...

I hope tox screens were done, might be pesticide poisoning.

I'm glad he has been found but I can't believe he is not currently in the care of mental health professionals.
I'm hoping his brother keeps a very close eye on him as he has been released into his care.

I imagine he probably refused hospitalisation. He may have agreed to other mental health assessment and care, done privately, in order to avoid charges for the alleged infractions committed by himself and Ella. imo

I can't believe that MSM are showing the car license plate in their photos of them in the car today. Way to go MSM. What happened to the blur??
If that is his brother, and his brother is a police officer, he needs far more privacy than that!

Yes no blurring, but you know, they have to scramble to be the first to post a picture. I think the pic was unnecessary, surely with all the photos taken they could have used one that didn't show him flipping the bird?! :notgood::notgood::notgood:

Yes no blurring, but you know, they have to scramble to be the first to post a picture. I think the pic was unnecessary, surely with all the photos taken they could have used one that didn't show him flipping the bird?! :notgood::notgood::notgood:

I think they posted that pic because it speaks to his state of mind, and perhaps suggests he's not happy to have been found.

And as for him refusing hospitalisation, Drs can enact a 72 hour hold without patient consent.

I wonder how much the fact that his brother is a police officer has affected the decision to release him - into the brother's care and custody - without hospitalisation and immediate mental health assessment. I would suggest it has some bearing on the decision, especially if they do not consider him a danger to anyone. Not sure how they could figure that out though, without some mental health assessment.

Having said that, for all we know he may be getting privately assessed right now. Away from media or any scrutiny, with a doctor of his choice.

I think they posted that pic because it speaks to his state of mind, and perhaps suggests he's not happy to have been found.

And as for him refusing hospitalisation, Drs can enact a 72 hour hold without patient consent.

So does that mean he wasn't displaying enough symptoms for the Dr to enact the 72 hr hold?
What would make them feel confident he didn't need to be?
Not being rude about this, just simply wondering?

I have a family member with mental illness and has occasional breakdowns like this (running away. paranoia, people out to get him etc) whenever he is stressed. Whenever he is found by the police (he becomes nocturnal and wanders the streets), he gets popped straight into hospital.

I think that they often look for serious immediate risks, e.g. Suicidal or hommicidal ideation and plans to enact the 72 hour order. So it's possible that whoever assessed him thought he didn't meet the criteria.

I absolutely agree - if this behavior is so out out of character then something is very wrong.
I hope they don't end up regretting their decision to release him so quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back