Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

I'm wondering if perhaps due to finances they were in danger of losing their farm? Thought the creditors were out to get them? Anyones guess at this stage.
:thinking:
It has crossed my mind that due to financial stress money was loaned from an unsavoury character? This would certainly cause someone to be paranoid.

The state of the house is what i find puzzling. Did they leave everything lying around or did someone else go in there after they left looking for someone or something?

I just keep thinking along the lines of the mcstay family.

Everyones mental state is also a concern. How does an entire family end up this way?

IMO the only reason i would leave my house with no belongings is if i left in a hurry and had no time. Fair enough leaving behind wallets and phones if you were planning to go off the grid but surely you would pack some personal items such as clothing and cash?

Definately bizarre to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

News articles are so confusing.

Some state the couple went to Wangaratta, he changed clothes, and she caught a train to Yass.

Another article says the daughters left them at Jenolan Caves and drove off, leaving parents behind - if the girls had the car, how did the dad end up with it to be able to drive it back to Wangaratta?

Maybe they got an uber taxi from the caves????

Son says they were having a technology free holiday, yet somehow his phone was said to have been thrown out the car. Seems to be a lot of things that make me go.... Hmmm that doesn't make sense.

I wonder how they know it was the father who jumped out of the car, wasn't it dark.

The kids aren't telling the full truth. My suspicion was maybe the father planned suicide (due to finance stress+mentall illness) and planned on taking everyone with him. That's why he forced everyone to leave their electronics behind, because he knew they could be tracked. When he found out his son bought the phone, he threw the phone out of the car, and shortly after that the son decided 'this is nuts' and went back to melbourne. The two girls stuck with the parents out of loyalty, but maybe they found out their father plans when they got to the caves and decided to bail, although it's strange they made their own ways back south separately. He may have held onto his wife until she managed to escape and end up in hospital, probably in shock+dehydrated. From what little the son has said, it sounds as if the parents were working together ("they're so stressed"), so maybe a joint suicide pact + lets take the kids with us?

I might be way off but it's the only thing that explains the situation.

Suicide might not have been the end goal, but it certainly seems like the goal was to disappear. I think the son is lying, either out of fear for his families reputation or something else. Clearly though he left when someone threw his phone out of the car, he must have felt that was too extreme seemingly paranoia, and decided to go back.

Where does the idea this was a holiday come from? I think it's just the lie the son is following. Who goes on holidays on a monday? Why not leave on the weekend? Small details about this make no sense. I think the media reports are partly to blame, lots of conflicting information.

I think the kids may have gone along with their parents because they were worried about them.

The kids aren't telling the full truth. My suspicion was maybe the father planned suicide (due to finance stress+mentall illness) and planned on taking everyone with him. That's why he forced everyone to leave their electronics behind, because he knew they could be tracked. When he found out his son bought the phone, he threw the phone out of the car, and shortly after that the son decided 'this is nuts' and went back to melbourne. The two girls stuck with the parents out of loyalty, but maybe they found out their father plans when they got to the caves and decided to bail, although it's strange they made their own ways back south separately. He may have held onto his wife until she managed to escape and end up in hospital, probably in shock+dehydrated. From what little the son has said, it sounds as if the parents were working together ("they're so stressed"), so maybe a joint suicide pact + lets take the kids with us?

I might be way off but it's the only thing that explains the situation.

Suicide might not have been the end goal, but it certainly seems like the goal was to disappear. I think the son is lying, either out of fear for his families reputation or something else. Clearly though he left when someone threw his phone out of the car, he must have felt that was too extreme seemingly paranoia, and decided to go back.

Where does the idea this was a holiday come from? I think it's just the lie the son is following. Who goes on holidays on a monday? Why not leave on the weekend? Small details about this make no sense. I think the media reports are partly to blame, lots of conflicting information.

:goodpost:

I thought I read one of the daughters had also been admitted to hospital. I don't think we've heard anything remotely near the truth. Maybe the father has been killed.

Another clue to the idea of a suicide plan might be the fact he was a farmer. Farmers sadly often struggle with depression and in the face of financial stress or what they consider failure+depression, take the decision to end it, and even sadder they sometimes take their family with them, although that isn't a trait unique to farmers.

The thing that's strange is the son claims the parents decided to flee while on the trip, but that doesn't align with leaving everything at home. Phones maybe if you are going on a 'technology free' trip, but not credit/debit cards. It's pretty clear whatever the father and or mother were planning, they did so well in advance of the trip:

The couple's son Mitchell said while on the trip pressures about life were getting worse and his parents decided to flee.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...uple-missing-in-rural-nsw#yKKcZ84YsJ3vcIJ1.99

As I said above, the son bailed when his phone was destroyed, possibly he considered the extreme actions of his phone being thrown out a car window to be based on paranoia over nothing (ie just financial stress), when in fact it was the father trying to cover up what he was planning to do.

Once the girls found out, they would obviously have their world shattered and decided to leave, and may have had their own arguments which led to them splitting up on the way back south.

I think the conflicting and confusing media reports are also because, police often discourage the media reporting on suicide because it's contagious.

EDIT: They are adding this to the news articles now which backs up the idea that suicide is involved:

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

For support and information about suicide prevention, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...uple-missing-in-rural-nsw#yKKcZ84YsJ3vcIJ1.99

If it was technology free holiday.
How did the daughter know to report her parents as missing,when she arrived 3 hours away at Goulburn?.That is not too,long after they had departed.

If the parents were both in as bad a state as reported, very strange that Ella would just hand over her car, and what on earth could have happened to the other sister to cause her to be in such a state.
If things were so disastrous, wouldn't the sisters stick together?

Curiouser and curiouser!!

http://parkviewfarm.com.au/index.html

17 August their facebook page showed a pic of a new bud blooming on a plant - with a caption saying it's the first berries of the season. So the red currant season is just beginning now.

If things were so disastrous, wouldn't the sisters stick together?

They may not have had a great relationship to start with, and the stress of the misadventure and a disagreement may have caused a feud. Only the youngest sister and the brother seem to be appearing publicly at this stage.

Poor people. Obviously their minds are not in a good place. <modsnip> It's a hard, cruel world and some don't cope as well as others. I hope they all now get the help they need and reunite a happy, healthy family. May dad be found safe and returned to his family to begin his recovery.nn

They seem like a close family- living and working together on their berry farm. I can imagine if the parent/s started to experience some paranoia, the rest of the family may not immediately see that it's actually paranoia talking and not reality. Maybe the idea that it was a holiday was how the parent/s initially got the kids to come with them but really the parent/s wanted to get away and get off the grid because of some irrational thought that they were in danger. As the kids started to realise this, one by one they have left their parents. This is all speculation of course.

My heart goes out to them as they are clearly not in a good space.

Posts containing allegations of drug use have been removed as there is nothing to substantiate it.

:tyou:

Curiouser and curiouser!!

17 August their facebook page showed a pic of a new bud blooming on a plant - with a caption saying it's the first berries of the season. So the red currant season is just beginning now.

Thanks madge.

This paragraph, from the homepage of their website, puts paid to my idea that their bizarre behaviour may have been attributable to toxins they sprayed on their farm, I guess:

'Parkview Farm prides itself on the fact that it supplies only the best, hand picked and packaged, chemical free Red Currants to the market.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back