Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Monitoring
Posted at 10:51
The Australia hostage story has gained very little traction among online jihad supporters, who are often quick to link incidents with their cause, BBC Monitoring reports. Only a few Islamic State supporters reported the news, with one saying that the motives of the hostage-taker were unknown. No claims of responsibility by any group have been seen by BBC Monitoring.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-australia-30475711

Channel7 - Stay at home tomorrow if you work in the exclusion zone.

Channel7 - gunman speaking to negotiators.

Channel7 - sniffer dogs have been bought in.

Channel9 - The best negotiators have been bought in - cafe still in darkness - police expecting this siege to continue into the night.

Channel9 - many people waiting behind police tape could be friends and family.

So without going through the past 30 pages, what's the consensus here? A nutter, a lone wolf or a planned attack?

ABC: reporters sharing #illridewithyou tweets pouring through Twitter, Aussies of many cultures banding together to support our Muslim citizens.

So without going through the past 30 pages, what's the consensus here? A nutter, a lone wolf or a planned attack?

Lone wolf but killing not first priority, he has a voice that he wants
To be heard on a world stage. He isn't particularly well organised
Though. IMOO

A planned attack by a lone wolf nutter in my opinion!

IMO, too organised for a hardcore nutter, plus he came with two mates.

Not organised enough for the large-scale extremist orgs.

I'm going with lone wolf/small potatoes group maybe reacting to the recent raid and arrests. Maybe had this planned a while, but I don't see al-Qaeda or the like stamped all over it.

But i am worried about the two other men seen with him prior to the siege commencing. Where are they and what's their go?

And while I'm on the subject of my fabulous friend, do you know what she does? She's a teacher, her father is a doctor, her husband is lovely and in a professional job, her son and my daughter are beautiful little friends. She teaches our children and she loves her job, she's passionate about her job and she is a good, no WONDERFUL person. I am FURIOUS that these this horrible situation has brought out such hatred and that more good and innocent people are going to suffer because of that.

I am very proud of #illridewithyou though. That's ace.

The thought has crossed my mind that it could be the Dad of the girl that left Oz to join the fight and got killed and is now trying to Sue Tony Abbott for the government for allegedly allowing her to leave. Can't remember his name, looking for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong