Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airport still open, only airspace above the CBD is closed

Now they've said it's not

Is one of the terrorists (and sorry, that's what that they are) wearing a headband?

Been watching for awhile. It just makes me sick!!!

Airport still open, only airspace above the CBD is closed

Now they've said it's not

I heard there are police helicopters over the area so that's good. Where do these guys think they'll be able to go? If they wanted to go out with a bang, wouldn't they already have done that? The last thing everyone would want is for these guys to have more time to think about it. jmo

Mo Elleissy @moelleissy · 50 mins 50 minutes ago

The flag says 'no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is his messenger" not an Isis flag but Islamic.

Oh I'm so frightened I've friends and family in Sydney.

Tommy Tudehope @TommyTudehope · 23m 23 minutes ago

Ray Hadley saying the man at the centre of the #siege has claimed to have devices all over the city and wants to speak to PM live on radio.

amanda meade @meadea · 9 mins 9 minutes ago

Channel 7 can’t speak to its own reporters because mobile phones have been jammed #MartinPlaceSiege @7NewsSydney

Mo Elleissy @moelleissy · 50 mins 50 minutes ago

The flag says 'no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is his messenger" not an Isis flag but Islamic.

Messenger??? What ********!! **** on Allah and these crazies!!!!

I'm worried for my sister and Dad. My sister works just over the Bridge in North Sydney. My Dad does his postal run on foot at Broadway. I can also confirm that the ABC HQ's in Ultimo has been shut down and access is via employee ID Badge only. My twin sister works at the ABC and an email was sent to all Sydney staff to that effect. Luckily, she is working from home today.

Demands to speak with our prime minister.
Police are expecting a long siege.

People on the higher floors on top have been told to move to the top of the building and could be evacuated via chopper. Nine news.

ABC News ‏@abcnews 1 min1 minute ago

The PM's office releases a statement about #sydneysiege. http://ab.co/1zmdiru

Attachments

• B420wL3CcAA5QSc.jpg
    B420wL3CcAA5QSc.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 115
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-...dney-terror-raid/story-fnpdbcmu-1227156212698

TWO men have been arrested on suspected terror related offences during an early morning raid in Sydney.

An Australian Federal Police spokesman confirmed a 25-year-old Beecroft man was arrested by the NSW Joint Counter Terrorism Team (JCTT) .

The arrest was part of continuing investigations into the planning of a terrorist attack on Australian soil and the facilitation of travel of Australian citizens to Syria to engage in armed combat, the AFP said.

Closing all Gov Buildings and landmarks would be normal procedure for a Terrorist attack IMO

Surprised to see the gunman with the vest is a middle aged man. I was picturing a couple of men in their early 20's.

Are there street cameras? If there are, then I would guess LE has been able to see who went into the shop. They may have already identified the hostage-takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288