Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrenaline is only going to keep him awake for so long.....

That is when it is going to get really scary ... he is not going to nod off and let whatever happen. I think that is when he will act. And I think that is why police have moved the media back even further. They have to try and get him before they feel he is going to act, when he is really tired, but before anything happens. Like 3am or something ....

Unless there is someone else in there to help him .. someone we haven't heard about.

I'm going to go to sleep for a few hours and then check in if I can manage to open my eyes up. Night everyone. Peace x

I wonder if the cafe was chosen in part because it's got food and drink, everything he'd need to dig in for the long haul.

I checked out the menu earlier ... it has chocolate, chocolate, waffles, chocolate, berries, chocolate, coffee, chocolate, tea .... that's it. Sugar-high, caffeine-high, then crash.
Mmmmmm I love Lindt balls. Only the red ones.

Police are being deployed to "certain suburbs" around Sydney, in a bid to head off acts of retaliation in case things in the cafe go pear-shaped.

-- source, ABC live feed

Belgium: 'No links'

Posted at 11:15
As the hostage story continues in Australia, armed men have reportedly taken a man hostage in Belgium. But the authorities there have ruled out a connection. "There is no indication that this is linked to terrorism, the Islamic State or what is happening at the moment in Sydney," the Ghent prosecutor told AFP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-australia-30475711

I've got my energy drink and smokes and I'm going to try my darnedest to stay up with the poor innocent people in that cafe.

He must need to do a wee soon!

He could do it anywhere in the shop. I thought thats how the others escaped by saying they wanted a loo break and then made a dash. I doubt he'd be falling for that again.

Police: "I want to *praise* Sydneysiders for the way they've behaved today... " urging looky-lous not to camp out there tomorrow though.

Haha Oddsocks, my husband has just caught wind of what I'm doing and said " oh no, not Websleuths again, are you going to be missing for another 2 years?"

Woke up in the night thinking I would find he had surrendered. How long can this guy possibly stay alert?
What time is it in Sydney?

Although being a cafe there would be toilets on site. Can't work out how the others escaped, bet he was mighty cross though!

Police are being deployed to "certain suburbs" around Sydney, in a bid to head off acts of retaliation in case things in the cafe go pear-shaped.

-- source, ABC live feed

As the terrorist is known to police I'm surprised we haven't heard or seen reports of police raids linked to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage